15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

i got a noa upon filing i-751 about my resident card extension. but it has been a year and this is about to expire. what do people usually do when their noa "expires"? do i need to do anything in advance? what to do if you have to get a new job or need proofs of legal status for something else?

Bring a copy of this memo so that they cannot refuse to give you the I-551 stamp.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
i got a noa upon filing i-751 about my resident card extension. but it has been a year and this is about to expire. what do people usually do when their noa "expires"? do i need to do anything in advance? what to do if you have to get a new job or need proofs of legal status for something else?

You can file for citizenship, if that's something you want to do.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

I was thinking about making an InfoPass appointment and also couldn't choose an appropriate category. So don't feel bad, I'm pretty sure you are not alone!!!!

WEDDING DAY 05-07-05

RECVD CARD IN MAIL 09-17-05

GAVIN STARTS WORKING 09-19-05

RECVD AOS INTERVIEW LETTER 10-28-05

INTERVIEW IN BOSTON 12-12-05

INTERVIEW SUCCESS & STAMP IN PASSPORT 12-12-05

GREEN CARD RECVD IN MAIL 12-19-05

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS I-751 11-05-07

CHECK CASHED 11-13-07

NOA1 for I-751 11-15-07

APPROVAL FOR I-751 10-06-08

(FOR ANY ADDL INFO SEE MY TIMELINE)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

umm, pick the category.. "You need information or other services "

can't really find an appropriate selection for an appointment. also how long would it take?

I was thinking about making an InfoPass appointment and also couldn't choose an appropriate category. So don't feel bad, I'm pretty sure you are not alone!!!!
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Read further in the I-751 guide, it gives good advice on what to do in this situation.

Keep the receipt with your green card. If by some chance you are not approved within a year you will want to make an InfoPass appointment to go to your Local Office to request an I-551 stamp in your passport. This does happen as it sometimes it takes over a year to be approved. After your NOA extension expires, this is your only evidence of legal status which you are required to have, by law. This happens occasionally, that a case takes over a year, but it's rare. Local Offices will not give an I-551 stamp is you have another type of evidence of status (ie, expired Green Card + extension letter).
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=751guide

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I had the same problem - what type of service to request.

Ended up saying "service needed for papers already filed" - TRUE- and then "case services follow-up" although the processing dates are still before our application date. I went to Chicago office today, the officer did not ask anything about the category of appointment. Stamped the passport for 1 year. I am sure they can see this is a problem.

I did take the memorandum, and a copy of the e-mail from my Congressman (useless person!) The office I met with looked at them, but did not say anything.

Good Luck!

Removal of Conditions - Nebraska Service Center

2/23/07 I-751 Notice date

3/23/07 NOA received (typo in name)

3/29/07 Biometric appointment received. Requested rescheduling

4/05/07 Second biometrics appointment received

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/19/07 Case status updated

2/23/08 Petition Congressman - no additional info.

3/03/08 Infopass in Chicago (12-mo extension)

3/19/08 Petition Senator's office

4/01/08 Case transferred - to an unspecified "USCIS office" (e-mail)

4/12/08 Letter - transferred to CSC on 3/27/2008. (typo in name)

4/22/08 Current Status: Card production ordered

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

4/26/08 Card arrives (with typo in name)

4/28/08 Card sent back via registered post (mistake to use Reg Post!)

5/05/08 Package delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA

10/02/08 Corrected 10-yr card issued

I-485

03/10/05 AOS interview in Chicago. Conditional PR (2-yr).

03/17/05 CPR card arrives in the mail

AOS thru Chicago DO (from non-immigrant visa category)

7/08/04 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

7/20/04 Fingerprints/biometrics completed.

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

Timeline

what is the sense of applying for citizenship if you cannot submit a valid resident card? don't you have to have proofs that conditions have been removed first?

e

what is the sense of applying for citizenship if you cannot submit a valid resident card? don't you have to have proofs that conditions have been removed first?

e

guy from russia, read the instruction on i-751 (removal of conditions) form and the instruction on n-400 form (citizenship). also visit uscis.gov and search for removal of conditions. these three sources will answer all of your questions. you will spend 2-3 hours, but you will find what you are looking for.

also, i hope you realize that the noa expired in 1 year from the date of the expiration of the conditional GREENCARD and not 1 year from the date of the NOA.

Edited by burs

Timeline

is there a sense to apply for citizenship if it can't be approved before i-751 is approved? and yes it is my green card extension that is expiring (it has been 3 years since the time i was admitted to the us)

e

guy from russia, read the instruction on i-751 (removal of conditions) form and the instruction on n-400 form (citizenship). also visit uscis.gov and search for removal of conditions. these three sources will answer all of your questions. you will spend 2-3 hours, but you will find what you are looking for.

also, i hope you realize that the noa expired in 1 year from the date of the expiration of the conditional GREENCARD and not 1 year from the date of the NOA.

is there a sense to apply for citizenship if it can't be approved before i-751 is approved?

You can apply for citizenship while the I-751 is pending. The application forces the adjucation of the I-751.

is there a sense to apply for citizenship if it can't be approved before i-751 is approved? and yes it is my green card extension that is expiring (it has been 3 years since the time i was admitted to the us)

e

yes, you should apply because your I-751 will be automatically adjudicated by the USCIS officer who will be reviewing your citizenship application.

Timeline

when you do biometrics for citizenship will they require a stamp in the passport, so do i have to get that first or are the expired papers good enough?

e

yes, you should apply because your I-751 will be automatically adjudicated by the USCIS officer who will be reviewing your citizenship application.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.