a-jeanne

Global Warming - A Must See

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yeah, right.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

:blink:

don't know why the sarcastic responses, guys...

I've seen the film, a-jeanne, and it's excellent, and disturbing... I agree we should all be looking to make some lifestyle changes, if we haven't already :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I can't wait to get a house in the US so I can figure out how to arrange the 29 bins we are going to have to sort all our recycling :D And I'm not even joking!!

Actually I do worry a bit because I know the UK has had a big drive towards buying local food instead of imported, fair trade, recyclable packaging, organic food etc and I just haven't seen this in the US at all...

In response to the sarcasm - I can understand as I feel that some people are so apathetic that there isn't the motivation to make a difference and therefore change isn't likely but I still feel better about doing what little I can :P

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

I'm a bit worried about some of those things too, Jeraly, but I think we'll be able to do SOMEthing... even if it's only some of the time, eg going to a farmer's market once a month or something :)

and - like here - the more people writing to the supermarkets asking about their policies on such things will give more impetus to change; things take time everywhere (though it DOES seem like the US is way behind both the UK and Australia :?

which are both way behind places like Germany... *sigh*)

I have to say I don't understand apathy on this - even if the whole global warming thing is a total beat-up (which obviously I don't believe), it just makes sense, practically and financially, to minimise waste, buy more locally, invest in cleaner air etc... if people don't want to stop flying on holiday, I can understand it; not buying long-life bulbs or taking a cotton bag to the shops I can't understand :P

it's not like it's difficult, after all :P

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I can't wait to get a house in the US so I can figure out how to arrange the 29 bins we are going to have to sort all our recycling :D And I'm not even joking!!

Actually I do worry a bit because I know the UK has had a big drive towards buying local food instead of imported, fair trade, recyclable packaging, organic food etc and I just haven't seen this in the US at all...

In response to the sarcasm - I can understand as I feel that some people are so apathetic that there isn't the motivation to make a difference and therefore change isn't likely but I still feel better about doing what little I can :P

You can get locally produced and organic food pretty easily here. At least in the major cities.

Farmers markets are a good place to shop, but they are usually seasonal. At least in Minneapolis, we have a couple of grocery stores that are dedicated to organic/natural food. The big discount grocery stores tend to have a section devoted to organic/natural foods.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

I think it would be difficult for food to be locally sourced and not mainly seasonal...

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
I have to say I don't understand apathy on this - even if the whole global warming thing is a total beat-up (which obviously I don't believe), it just makes sense, practically and financially, to minimise waste, buy more locally, invest in cleaner air etc... if people don't want to stop flying on holiday, I can understand it; not buying long-life bulbs or taking a cotton bag to the shops I can't understand :P

it's not like it's difficult, after all :P

Yeah, that's what I don't get either. Ok, so someone doesn't want to believe in the claims of global warming...I don't understand either why people don't want to do all of the little things like reducing waste, reducing energy consumption, ect, all of the little things that add up.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the believers and the people who want to do what they can to help our planet. Global warming is right under our noses and if we act now, we can turn this thing around. It's the people who are the non-believers that are going to end life on this planet as we know it today. We must stop thinking about ourselves and start thinking out our children and our children's children lives.

See the movie - it opened my eyes and I hope that it will open all of yours.

There - I'm off my soapbox now.

Thank you

There - I'm off my soapbox now.

Thank you

LIES!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice to see you again!! :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.