Masha2008

Contacting a congressman

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

:help: Here is a issue. I applied on 27th of July and now I still have no noa2. It has been over 7 months, and out of processing time. Now, I am soo pissed off. I contacted an immigration lawyer and he said do not hire a lawyer because it does not help anything. The best way is to contact a local congressman and ask him or her to contact USCIS immediately.

I can use a USCIS ombusman, but asking for help from congressmen will be more effective.

So I talked to my fiance and he said he will call up a congressman in Santa Ana asap and pressure USCIS. Ok, has anyone tried this? Does it really help?

USCIS actually answer the congressman's inquary? :help::help::help:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
:help: Here is a issue. I applied on 27th of July and now I still have no noa2. It has been over 7 months, and out of processing time. Now, I am soo pissed off. I contacted an immigration lawyer and he said do not hire a lawyer because it does not help anything. The best way is to contact a local congressman and ask him or her to contact USCIS immediately.

I can use a USCIS ombusman, but asking for help from congressmen will be more effective.

So I talked to my fiance and he said he will call up a congressman in Santa Ana asap and pressure USCIS. Ok, has anyone tried this? Does it really help?

USCIS actually answer the congressman's inquary? :help::help::help:

We aplied May 26th and after contacting both Senators and my Congressman they were able to get us a NOA2 on February 1......It does help you just have to find out which one of the three...(our Congressman was) will be the best at it.....open to you and not act like you are wasting there time.....(Senators for us).....but ask for and insist on time frames from them.......If nothing by tuesday I will call you to ask again....and so on......you have to be your own advocate here....also we fired our lawyer.....waste of time and money.....he can do nothing but push paper.....no help with USCIS or NVC....good luck

Edited by OsLoraTamm

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi, sorry you've had to wait so long.

The following is taken from this thread posted by a former adjuticator who was explaining the entire process. I hope it helps you and I hope your Congressman can expedite things for you!

a "Congressional Inquiry" or "congressional" is a formal inquiry by a member of Congress made on beahlf of thier constiuent. Any federal agency that receives a Congressional inquiry has 48 hours to respond to the member of Congress. Each Service Center has a special office to handle "Congresional's". Thats ther sole purpose in life is to keep the member of Congress informed upon request.

(i.e. Senator Numbnuts says "CIS - I understand from my consituient - Mr. Hotn'bothered that (according to him) you have been processing his application for his dear fiance' in a less than timely manner. Can you please look into this matter and let my office kow when it will be approved.")

System usaully says - "pull and work file immediately" 'Nuff said.

timeline.jpg

Lots of people have contacted the elected representatives and have had great success. Most senators have staff set up especially for issues like yours. You might suggest to your fiance to contact Barbara Boxer also.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Timeline
Lots of people have contacted the elected representatives and have had great success. Most senators have staff set up especially for issues like yours. You might suggest to your fiance to contact Barbara Boxer also.

I'd try contacting a Representative first. They've got just as much pull as a Senator, but because their territories are smaller (district versus state) they are able to focus more on your issue than a Senator's office would. In a Senator's office you're going in a big pile with every other state constituent's complaint. With your representative that pile is much smaller.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Definitely do it. It worked for me. As if by miracle (lol) the USCIS approved mine right about the time my congressman's inquiry would have reached them. I'm sure I'd still be waiting today if I hadn't.

It won't help of the petition is still in name checks, but if those checks are finished and nobody has gotten into gear at uscis and started working the file the congressional inquiry gets them to look for it at least! You're at the point where they should be done by now!

Good luck!!

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Timeline

Thank you everyone. We will do it defintely tomorrow. We want to marry for real and we are not trying to do any fraud or anything and why do they really have to put our case aside and process those who filed after us?????? Ahhh I love ya everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Thank you everyone. We will do it defintely tomorrow. We want to marry for real and we are not trying to do any fraud or anything and why do they really have to put our case aside and process those who filed after us?????? Ahhh I love ya everyone!

Hello, and welcome to our nightmare. Our application was "received" on July 19, 2007 and are still waiting. My fiance and I are going crazy our of frustration. Last, I was able to initiate an "Investigation" based on being more than 30-days "outside of our processing date" Unfortunately, I get the feeling this is just another way to keep us waiting.

In November of 2007, I was asked to submit more evidence (RfE) that my Fiance and I had met. Of course, I had already sent them plenty of proof, but I re-sent the pictures and phone/ web transcripts/ Receipts from trip. I received notification of receipt on Decenber 4th, which also stated I would receive notification within 60 days. Yeah right!!!

I have spoken to three attorneys and basically was told that I have to be more patient. PATIENT??? :wacko: One of them did advised me to send a certified letter to the USCIS in California, requesting a status update. I will do this tomorrow. One attorney (Roth and Asssociates) aksed me for $1,500. Watch out!!! The other two were honest with and admitted there was little they could do at this time.

I will contact my local congressman this week to pursue this matter ASAP. I don't know if it will help but it will at least make me feel better.

My fiance was a bit relieved to hear that others are experiencing the same frustrations. We thought we were all alone... :blush: The good news is that "Love is patient" !!!

~Janaina y Isaias

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello, and welcome to our nightmare. Our application was "received" on July 19, 2007 and are still waiting. My fiance and I are going crazy our of frustration. Last, I was able to initiate an "Investigation" based on being more than 30-days "outside of our processing date" Unfortunately, I get the feeling this is just another way to keep us waiting.

In November of 2007, I was asked to submit more evidence (RfE) that my Fiance and I had met. Of course, I had already sent them plenty of proof, but I re-sent the pictures and phone/ web transcripts/ Receipts from trip. I received notification of receipt on Decenber 4th, which also stated I would receive notification within 60 days. Yeah right!!!

I have spoken to three attorneys and basically was told that I have to be more patient. PATIENT??? :wacko: One of them did advised me to send a certified letter to the USCIS in California, requesting a status update. I will do this tomorrow. One attorney (Roth and Asssociates) aksed me for $1,500. Watch out!!! The other two were honest with and admitted there was little they could do at this time.

I will contact my local congressman this week to pursue this matter ASAP. I don't know if it will help but it will at least make me feel better.

My fiance was a bit relieved to hear that others are experiencing the same frustrations. We thought we were all alone... :blush: The good news is that "Love is patient" !!

:thumbs: By the way...I just contacted my Congresswoman! You can do it by email here:

https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml :thumbs:

~Janaina y Isaias

Timeline

Thank you so much. I will look for a congressman and contact him or her. Well, the thing is that you got RFE which means that someone looked at your case. No one has not even looked at my case. No RFE nothing. No even updates. My fiance was told to request to expediate after March 14th,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.