workin4somethin

My wife let me! She really let me!

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
oh darn, i thought it was gonna be she let him do something else....... :innocent:

I think not being with our SO's for so long has gotten to us :)

Good luck with your dinner! My fiance makes a GREAT lasagna and its not hard to make, so I think thats a good suggestion. Skip the frogs legs :)

Yes it is great.. other then the fact that I have to guard the cheese sauce ...

I do not know why... but for some reason people try to steal the food before it is done.

Same thing with pancakes lol.. I went BALLISTIC when they kept begging for them. lol.

Remember.. waiting is key. :)

My wife is JenK on the forum

I am the one doing the trip :D

OUR VISA JOURNEY

12/16/05 My honey and I met online

04/27/06 to 5/14/07 We met for the first time in person

10/16/06 to 1/15/07 He visits for a second time

04/04/07 We get engaged!

05/29/07 K1 Application arrived at CSC

07/21/07 to 9/15/07 He visits for a third time

09/19/07 APPROVAL from CSC

11/16/07 NVC received petition

Petition is put under Administrative Processing

12/28/07 AP DONE! YAY! Off to the Consulate!

01/02/08 Consulate received and packet 3 sent

01/04/08 My honey gets packet 3

01/09/08 Medical Appointment *PASSED*

01/09/08 Packet 3 Returned

01/23/08 8:30 AM INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!! NOT APPROVED :(

01/23/08 Placed BACK on Administrative Processing

01/24/08 Sent consulate more proof of our relationship

01/28/08 Embassy receives the mail

02/01/08 WE WERE APPROVED!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU HONEY! SO MUCH! SOON we will FINALLY be together!!!

WEDDING DATE: 04/27/08!

AOS:

05/22/08 Package sent

06/02/08 Got all 3 NOA's

6/21/08 Biometrics

7/12/08 RFE: want 12 months of bank statements

7/16/08 mailed statements

7/22/08 statements received

and we wait...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
For the first time in the three and one-half years I've known her, my wife is letting me "cook supper" this weekend.

SWeeeeeeeT!

Any suggestions...?

Hey this is America, that means if a guy cooks it is Barbeque :whistle::innocent:

Please fill in your TIMELINE!!!

I-751

10/19/2006 I-751 send to Vermont

11/07/2006 NOA (Kids)

12/01/2006 BIO Appointment (Kids)

04/02/2007 NOA (Wife dated 11/7)

04/11/2007 BIO (Wife 2nd )

06/07/2007 received all 3 approval emails

06/11/2007 Green cards in Mailbox

N-400

09/17/2007 N-400 sent to Vermont

09/20/2007 signed for

11/21/2007 Check Cashed

12/11/2007 Noaa mailed

12/14/2007 Noaa arrives in mailbox

12/15/2007 Biometrics letter in mailbox

12/29/2007 Biometrics Appointment

04/03/2008 Interview letter arrives

05/22/2008 Interview passed, But waiting on two A-Files to be integrated into one.

07/28/2008 Infopass Appointment

09/19/2008 Citizenship Ceremony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Earlier today, we were discussing what I might cook;

She said she knew that anything I cook will be wonderful;

Dang it.

Er....... damn it.

from Andrew

I love to cook but my wife gets upset because I just make stuff up, like parmessan encrusted herb and garlic chicken. Then she wants the recipe and I dont have one. I have a friend who is a chef and taught me just to make it up as I go along. Its fun and keeps my sweetie guessing

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

I love to cook but my wife gets upset because I just make stuff up, like parmessan encrusted herb and garlic chicken. Then she wants the recipe and I dont have one. I have a friend who is a chef and taught me just to make it up as I go along. Its fun and keeps my sweetie guessing

I also love to cook. And Thomas, I love to experiment as well! Thank God for the Food Network, lotsa ideas there. Last week I even replaced my old coil electric stove with a new gas convection unit in anticipation of all the fine meals Tanya says she wants to make. :devil: As we talk to each other every day, part of the conversation always is what we ate or are going to cook. She is a fabulous cook and is the adminstrator for the best restaurant in Sochi and loves seafood, so she tells me that she wouldn't mind if I grill up a nice Loin of Tuna!

One thing I do anticipate is that I will be having to make the breakfasts. I have a 16 yo boy and will be adding a 13 yo girl, and I want to make sure that they have a good breakfast before school. School here in Georgia starts at 7:30am, and for a while it definitely is going to be a challenge for Tanya to get up early (before 10am)! Are all Russians late risers? Discuss...... :P

At the risk of stereotyping and thus being flamed, I am going to say that Russian women are among the best cooks in the world!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I love Alton Brown's "Good Eats" show. I've learned many a cool culinary trick or two. :thumbs:

I also love to cook. And Thomas, I love to experiment as well! Thank God for the Food Network, lotsa ideas there. Last week I even replaced my old coil electric stove with a new gas convection unit in anticipation of all the fine meals Tanya says she wants to make. :devil: As we talk to each other every day, part of the conversation always is what we ate or are going to cook. She is a fabulous cook and is the adminstrator for the best restaurant in Sochi and loves seafood, so she tells me that she wouldn't mind if I grill up a nice Loin of Tuna!

One thing I do anticipate is that I will be having to make the breakfasts. I have a 16 yo boy and will be adding a 13 yo girl, and I want to make sure that they have a good breakfast before school. School here in Georgia starts at 7:30am, and for a while it definitely is going to be a challenge for Tanya to get up early (before 10am)! Are all Russians late risers? Discuss...... :P

At the risk of stereotyping and thus being flamed, I am going to say that Russian women are among the best cooks in the world!

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Oh no. This is heartbreaking. If you need anything at all, the VJ community is here to support you.

For a second thee I thought you said: "My wife left me! She really left me! I thought...here we go again (shades of Satellite).

i thought the same thing...i said "oh no! not again!!"

good luck with the meal! :thumbs:

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

It's considered rude to call someone in Petersburg before 11am, but Muscovites tend to get up a little earlier. I don't know about the rules for the rest of the country. That's one thing I definitely prefer about Russia--i'd definitely rather stay up late and wake up late.

Первый блин комом.

This is a real "guy" opportunity here for you ! Whatever it is, burn it. Make a huge mess, and then crack several plates while doing dishes. You will never *ever* have to worry again about having to cook. :devil:

Great idea!

Or to really get some kudos, go talk to the Colonel and get a 10 piece meal with mashed potatoes and cole slaw. Put it all in your pans and dishes and take the garbage out before she gets home. Spread some oil in a pan (with a couple pieces of extra crispy) and drink a beer or two so you can look flustered.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
This is a real "guy" opportunity here for you ! Whatever it is, burn it. Make a huge mess, and then crack several plates while doing dishes. You will never *ever* have to worry again about having to cook. :devil:

Great idea!

Or to really get some kudos, go talk to the Colonel and get a 10 piece meal with mashed potatoes and cole slaw. Put it all in your pans and dishes and take the garbage out before she gets home. Spread some oil in a pan (with a couple pieces of extra crispy) and drink a beer or two so you can look flustered.

Boston Market is even better for this purpose. Yummmm.

Первый блин комом.

oh darn, i thought it was gonna be she let him do something else....... :innocent:

Hahaha. :lol: I think my mind was in the same place as yours.

:blush::innocent: Ditto...

You could try stir-fry - quick and easy and yummy unless you want to go for the burning option :whistle:

Also check out http://www.allrecipes.com/ - there are some great things in there and you can search by the ingredients you have in your pantry :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hahaha. :lol: I think my mind was in the same place as yours.

:blush::innocent: Ditto...

You could try stir-fry - quick and easy and yummy unless you want to go for the burning option :whistle:

Also check out http://www.allrecipes.com/ - there are some great things in there and you can search by the ingredients you have in your pantry :D

Hmmm....really great website! Thanks for that. :thumbs:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

I want to know, is your cooking that bad? My family for some reason makes sure the males in the family can cook before they teach the females. Then we are expected to teach our brides to cook. I ain't making this up. I was scratch baking puddings at the age of 9, when they realized I could read a cookbook. Used a Watkin's cookbook written in 1928. It is still used and in the family. It was my paternal grandmother's first cookbook. She went to college, graduated in 1928 (I graduated from the same college, now university 65 years later). She was expected to teach, not be a housewife, lasted 6 weeks in the schoolhouse. Married my grandfather and was married for 50 years and one week in happiness.

Now that's a cool story!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.