2,548 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Congrats on the recent GC's and interviews...

For us, it's getting so DEPRESSING...nothing yet....absolutely no activity on our I-485...no touches, nothing...our file is dead. I'm starting to seriously worry...are there more of you out there like us...???

I think there's heaps of blokes out there who are in the same status as we are. May the force be with us!!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

For us, it's getting so DEPRESSING...nothing yet....absolutely no activity on our I-485...no touches, nothing...our file is dead. I'm starting to seriously worry...are there more of you out there like us...???

I think there's heaps of blokes out there who are in the same status as we are. May the force be with us!!!

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat with you...however..I couldn't ask to be in a boat with a better group of people! :star:

Come on USCIS, do we have to beat the AOS's out of you?? :bonk:

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Sent 485, 131, 765 to Chicago Lock Box:- 03/28/2008

Recieved NOA:- 04/02/2008

FP/Biometrics :- 04/24/2008 (Done)

RFE on I-485:- 04/22/2008

Response to RFE sent and received by USCIS on 05/07/2008

EAD expedite Service Request submitted:- 06/10/2008 (Day 75)

EAD card production orderd email (1st email):- 06/12/2008

AP approval email:- 06/12/2008

AP received:- 06/12/2008

EAD card prodcution ordered e-mail (2nd email from CIRS):- 06/17/2008

EAD approval notice sent e-mail:- 06/19/2008

It's 07/25/2008 and NO EAD in mail yet??????????????????????????????????????????????? (Day 117)

Received AP in 3 days but no EAD yet. I called them after 30 days of approval notice sent and put up a Service Request. Guess what, they said they did not receive it back as undelivered and hence consider it lost in mail. And so, i have to reapply my EAD again with all the associated fees.

You guys should be happy that you got your EAD's and can work. I am in no man's land and back to square one. When i read people fretting about noting having touches on their AOS (who already got their EAD's) it makes me even more sad. So, cheer and be happy that atleast you guys have EAD. Why worry about AOS if you have EAD and are working. I haven't had income for 6 months now.

Edited by sammy123

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's 07/25/2008 and NO EAD in mail yet??????????????????????????????????????????????? (Day 117)

Received AP in 3 days but no EAD yet. I called them after 30 days of approval notice sent and put up a Service Request. Guess what, they said they did not receive it back as undelivered and hence consider it lost in mail. And so, i have to reapply my EAD again with all the associated fees.

You guys should be happy that you got your EAD's and can work. I am in no man's land and back to square one. When i read people fretting about noting having touches on their AOS (who already got their EAD's) it makes me even more sad. So, cheer and be happy that atleast you guys have EAD. Why worry about AOS if you have EAD and are working. I haven't had income for 6 months now.

Sorry to hear but can't you reapply with a copy of the receipt for the 485. We sent in the ap late but just used the copy of the NOA for the 485. It took about a month to receive it. I'm sure the wait time is upsetting but I don't think you need to send in anymore money!

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

You are certainly not alone in your journey. I had not received any updates since the biometrics appointment back in April, so I decided to call and find out what was going on. When I called the USCIS phone number and entered my case number, I was told we had been sent a RFE. When I spoke with a live person, they could not tell me if an RFE had been sent or not. They said nothing was showing in their computer.

I never received an email from CRIS or anything by snail mail, so I have no clue at this point what is going on, or if or when one was sent. The USCIS rep. submitted a form to find out what was going on but stated it could take up to 30 days. Looks like this process is going to take 6 months or more just like our K1 visa approval.

Anyone know how long it takes for them to find out what is going on with your case after they submit the request for investigation????

Timeline

Maybe you don't realize that having your EAD does not a guarantee the ability to get a job. Yes, my husband has his EAD, however the kind of job and companies that my husband is trying to get a job with want to make sure he has his AOS before they spend time and money on hiring/training. I guess if he wanted to work fast-food or retail, it may not be a problem, but not every company will hire you because you have a SS card and EAD.

I'm sorry you're in the situation of possibly having to refile. I think I'd call my local politician and get some assistance before I paid all over again. Some here on vj have found that route to be very beneficial. I understand your frustration, but realize that most people get frustrated and that's a reason some of us are here..to support one another. This site is a place where we can vent as well as celebrate, where everyone understands what we're going through. I'm frustrated just like you and many others. I filed before you, never got a RFE, never requested an "expedite" (why was that necessary btw?) and of course like others, have nothing on the AOS.

Another suggestion for you would be to call USCIS and use the RFE line to speak to a supervisor, not the person that answers. Although it's difficult to reach one at times, I found that helpful when after receiving my NOA2 last year, they lost our paperwork. Good luck to you and keep us posted on how things are going.

K-1 Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Maybe you don't realize that having your EAD does not a guarantee the ability to get a job. Yes, my husband has his EAD, however the kind of job and companies that my husband is trying to get a job with want to make sure he has his AOS before they spend time and money on hiring/training. I guess if he wanted to work fast-food or retail, it may not be a problem, but not every company will hire you because you have a SS card and EAD.

I'm sorry you're in the situation of possibly having to refile. I think I'd call my local politician and get some assistance before I paid all over again. Some here on vj have found that route to be very beneficial. I understand your frustration, but realize that most people get frustrated and that's a reason some of us are here..to support one another. This site is a place where we can vent as well as celebrate, where everyone understands what we're going through. I'm frustrated just like you and many others. I filed before you, never got a RFE, never requested an "expedite" (why was that necessary btw?) and of course like others, have nothing on the AOS.

Another suggestion for you would be to call USCIS and use the RFE line to speak to a supervisor, not the person that answers. Although it's difficult to reach one at times, I found that helpful when after receiving my NOA2 last year, they lost our paperwork. Good luck to you and keep us posted on how things are going.

I thought that having an EAD is all you need to get a job you wanted. Sorry, if message above irritated you. Good luck to your husband on his job. Yes, i did talk to one supevisor at USCIS and nothing came out of that. I also faxed and wrote a letter to local congressman but they never bothered to reply or respond. Anyway, goodluck to all you guys. I won't post or share my thoughts here anymore.

Timeline
I think you took my post the wrong way, I apologize. Please read the message I sent to you :)

K-1 Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

You are certainly not alone in your journey. I had not received any updates since the biometrics appointment back in April, so I decided to call and find out what was going on. When I called the USCIS phone number and entered my case number, I was told we had been sent a RFE. When I spoke with a live person, they could not tell me if an RFE had been sent or not. They said nothing was showing in their computer.

I never received an email from CRIS or anything by snail mail, so I have no clue at this point what is going on, or if or when one was sent. The USCIS rep. submitted a form to find out what was going on but stated it could take up to 30 days. Looks like this process is going to take 6 months or more just like our K1 visa approval.

Anyone know how long it takes for them to find out what is going on with your case after they submit the request for investigation????

Anyone?????

Edited by Mountain Climber

So we're approved!

I'm so happy thats over with!

Here's the run down of how it went:

So we got to the Interview place at like 8:30 our interview wasn't till 9:30...and we got called in a 9:45.

(we were watching people go in and out I was amazed at how many people had lawyers and translators)

We get called we go in. A lady interviewer greets us (she was very nice...I was having the worst hot flashes in the waiting room so I probably looked wiped out) We go into her office she asks me if I feel okay...she says shes already had one lady go in to labor in her office and she doesn't want anymore to...lol

I tell her I'll be fine. And then she swears us in. The interview begins she verifies all our info. We change our address with her since we just moved and give her a copy of our lease. She adds my SSN to the file. She asks my husband and I each others birthdays...how we met...what he thought when he first saw me....if I like my MIL....if we have any more evidence to add to the file....I had already given her the apartment lease so I give her that and new bank statements, new pay stubs, health insurance paperwork, and show that I have an album to look through (she never did...I was kinda disappointed)

She then tells us that we have supplied her with more than enough evidence and that she is approving our case and that i should expect to receive my green card in 2- 3 weeks. She then explains that its a conditional card because we haven't been married for 2 years yet...and when to reapply....she also says that if we provide them with as much info as we did for this interview we might not need another one.

I am so happy to be done!

I was kinda freaked out by the other people going in and out some didn't look so happy when they left!

We got the card production email when we got home last night !

SO excited!!!!

I definitly recommend being organized...she liked that we were...she could just ask me for something and I'd have it right away.

And definitly be prepared for anything....my husband is horrible with dates and he got both the date questions...my birthday and when we got married...he knew them but on the spot its so hard to think right away.

Good luck everyone with your upcoming interviews i"m sure you'll do great!

02/29/2008 Filed AOS

07/25/2008 Interview!!! Approved!

07/29/2008 Approval letter/Welcome to the USA letter for I130 and I485 Arrive

08/18/2008 Permanent Resident Card Arrives!

04/27/2010 Mail Package for lifting conditions

08/11/2010 Approval letter!

So we're approved!

So we got to the Interview place at like 8:30 our interview wasn't till 9:30...and we got called in a 9:45.

(we were watching people go in and out I was amazed at how many people had lawyers and translators)

We get called we go in. A lady interviewer greets us (she was very nice...I was having the worst hot flashes in the waiting room so I probably looked wiped out) We go into her office she asks me if I feel okay...she says shes already had one lady go in to labor in her office and she doesn't want anymore to...lol

I tell her I'll be fine. And then she swears us in. The interview begins she verifies all our info. We change our address with her since we just moved and give her a copy of our lease. She adds my SSN to the file. She asks my husband and I each others birthdays...how we met...what he thought when he first saw me....if I like my MIL....if we have any more evidence to add to the file....I had already given her the apartment lease so I give her that and new bank statements, new pay stubs, health insurance paperwork, and show that I have an album to look through (she never did...I was kinda disappointed)

She then tells us that we have supplied her with more than enough evidence and that she is approving our case and that i should expect to receive my green card in 2- 3 weeks. She then explains that its a conditional card because we haven't been married for 2 years yet...and when to reapply....she also says that if we provide them with as much info as we did for this interview we might not need another one.

I was kinda freaked out by the other people going in and out some didn't look so happy when they left!

SO excited!!!!

I definitly recommend being organized...she liked that we were...she could just ask me for something and I'd have it right away.

And definitly be prepared for anything....my husband is horrible with dates and he got both the date questions...my birthday and when we got married...he knew them but on the spot its so hard to think right away.

Congrats!!!!!!!

Green Card Arrived: August 10, 2009

I-751: Lifting of Conditions

August of 2011

May 26, 2011 Mailed 1-751 to VSC

May 31, 2011 NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So we're approved!

SO excited!!!!

Congrats Canadia :dance::dance::dance: ...you gave us tremendous hope as our interview is coming up next week also at the Denver local office......I hope everything goes as smoothly as urs!!

Im kinda worried, my husband recently add me to his account so we don't have any bank statements together because by the time he add me the statement period for this month (july) already ended....but I did call the bank and request a letter stating that I am a signer and so on....I decided that if the IO ask for statements I will give him/her the letter from the bank and explain why there is no statements..As for the job verification letter that was requested on the interview letter, Im not sure if my husband can get one....hes in the Army and his LES (pay stub) give such details soo im going to bring that instead!!but for most of the other docs we do have!!

Our interview is next week, wish us luck!!

.........AOS JOURNEY.........

03.25.2008 Sent AOS/I-130 package

03.27.2008 Package recieved at Chicago Lockbox

03.28.2008 Priority Date

04.07.2008 Recieved all 3 NOAs

04.09.2008 All checks cashed

04.18.2008 AOS touched/EAD touched

04.22.2008 Received RFE for I-864EZ

04.23.2008 Sent RFE back

04.24.2008 Delivered at Lee's Summit, MO

04.26.2008 Bio appointment DONE!

05.01.2008 Update: RFE recieved & case resume

05.02.2008 AOS touched

05.05.2008 EAD touched

05.07.2008 AOS touched

06.03.2008 EAD Card production ordered (CRIS)

06.05.2008 EAD Approval notice sent (CRIS)

06.07.2008 EAD in mail/Interveiw Letter recieved

06.09.2008 Applied for SSN

06.24.2008 SSN recieved

07.29.2008 Initial Interview: Denver @ 7:30am : APPROVED

07.31.2008 I-130 Touched for the first time

08.05.2008 Welcome Letter & I-130 approval notice recieved

08.12.2008 GC recieved

08.14.2008 Celebrate my 25th Bday...GC is the perfect Bday gift : )

09.01.2008 Hubby gets deployed for 12 months : (

04.29.2010 Removing condition

Note:I recieved Interview Letter in EXACTLY 4 months after filing!!

Total days of filing to approval: 124 days

11mg6wx.png

21nhzdg.jpg

Anyone know how long it ususally takes for USCIS to find out what is going on with your case, after they submit a request for an update? Called the USCIS number and was informed by the recording that an RFE had been issued. Spoke with a rep. at USCIS and they said they showed nothing on their computer regarding an RFE. She submitted a request for an update to see what was going on.

I never received an email from CRIS or a letter by snail mail. Anyone have any info., experience or advice as to this problem. Thanks

Edited by Mountain Climber

So we're approved!

SO excited!!!!

Congrats Canadia :dance::dance::dance: ...you gave us tremendous hope as our interview is coming up next week also at the Denver local office......I hope everything goes as smoothly as urs!!

Im kinda worried, my husband recently add me to his account so we don't have any bank statements together because by the time he add me the statement period for this month (july) already ended....but I did call the bank and request a letter stating that I am a signer and so on....I decided that if the IO ask for statements I will give him/her the letter from the bank and explain why there is no statements..As for the job verification letter that was requested on the interview letter, Im not sure if my husband can get one....hes in the Army and his LES (pay stub) give such details soo im going to bring that instead!!but for most of the other docs we do have!!

Our interview is next week, wish us luck!!

If you go to the bank you can ask them to print you off a bank statement. Thats what we did since we don't get a statement in the mail we get it online.

I'm sure everything will go great with your interview!

02/29/2008 Filed AOS

07/25/2008 Interview!!! Approved!

07/29/2008 Approval letter/Welcome to the USA letter for I130 and I485 Arrive

08/18/2008 Permanent Resident Card Arrives!

04/27/2010 Mail Package for lifting conditions

08/11/2010 Approval letter!

Congrats Canadia! Great story!

Removing Conditions

07/31/2010 - Filed for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/02/2010 - ROC Packet received

08/03/2010 - NOA notice date for I-751

08/05/2010 - Check cashed

08/07/2010 - NOA received for I-751

08/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment letter received

09/01/2010 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2010 - Case status appears online

11/08/2010 - Card production ordered

11/13/2010 - I-751 Approval Letter received

11/19/2010 - Green Card received in the mail

Citizenship

08/01/2011 - Filed for Citizenship (N-400)

08/03/2011 - N400 Packet received

08/05/2011 - Received email/text confirming application receipt

08/08/2011 - Check cashed

08/09/2011 - Biometrics notice sent

08/12/2011 - NOA received for N400

08/12/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter received

08/29/2011 - Biometrics taken

08/31/2011 - Case Status Notification: Placed in line for interview scheduling

10/11/2011 - Received yellow letter

01/11/2012 - Interview letter sent

01/17/2012 - Interview letter received

02/16/2012 - Interview & received Oath letter

03/06/2012 - Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.