2,548 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey ellla, I saw you got the card production ordered email yesterday! Thats awesome, it looks like you are on a much faster track than I am considering that i'm basically on day 150 with no EAD. Thats almost two months more than you. One of the reasons that I called them was that I honestly kind of forgot exactly when I placed the service request. I know it was in July, but I cant remember the day. I didnt write the National Benefits Center a letter because both my senator and the USCIS were/are both making inquiries into my case. The woman at the USCIS said that a letter would probably get put off to the side and ignored or forgotten about. The only thing I can do right now is either wait for a letter from my senator or to have the service request go through and get a letter from the USCIS. Also, I am in the same situation as you were...I never got an RFE and everyone so far has said the same thing, "there doesnt seem to be any problems with your case". So whatever it is thats holding me up is a big mystery.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ellla, I saw you got the card production ordered email yesterday! Thats awesome, it looks like you are on a much faster track than I am considering that i'm basically on day 150 with no EAD. Thats almost two months more than you. One of the reasons that I called them was that I honestly kind of forgot exactly when I placed the service request. I know it was in July, but I cant remember the day. I didnt write the National Benefits Center a letter because both my senator and the USCIS were/are both making inquiries into my case. The woman at the USCIS said that a letter would probably get put off to the side and ignored or forgotten about. The only thing I can do right now is either wait for a letter from my senator or to have the service request go through and get a letter from the USCIS. Also, I am in the same situation as you were...I never got an RFE and everyone so far has said the same thing, "there doesnt seem to be any problems with your case". So whatever it is thats holding me up is a big mystery.

Believe me you are not alone in your wait. I sent my wife's AOS package about 9 days after you and we are still waiting for her green card approval or interview. I do not understand how people filing from another state get their AOS sent to CSC in a matter of months but I live in California and our AOS package is still stitting at the NBC in Missouri. I've called NBC and was told there was no problem. If that is the case, then why the long delay. And I thought waiting for the K1 visa was stressful. :wacko:

Edited by Mountain Climber

Mountain_Climber, at least you already have your EAD! E-Merce is still waiting for it. I agree, this whole process doesn't seem really fair, but since we are still within "the processing times" posted by USCIS, all we can do is just wait.

E-Merce, the only idea that I have is to keep on bothering them about your case, I went for my infopass appointment and then called 10 days later, and was going to makes another infopass if I didn't have my EAD till the end of the month. If you don't get anything 30 days after your service request, I think you should put in another one. Have you heard anything from your senator's office?

AOS

03/20/2008 Wedding

04/24/2008 I-130, I-485, I-765 sent to Chicago

05/01/2008 Notice Date (Day 6)

05/09/2008 Biometrics Notice in mail (for 05/22)

05/22/2008 Biometrics appointment (Day 27)

08/20/2008 EAD card received

09/26/2008 Interview Letter in mail (for 11/10)

11/10/2008 Interview (Day 199) APPROVED!

12/02/2008 Green Card received (Day 221)

ROC

09/20/2010 I-751 sent to California Service Center

09/21/2010 Notice Date (Day 1)

10/12/2010 Biometrics Notice in mail (for 11/03)

11/03/2010 Biometrics appointment (Day 44)

01/07/2011 APPROVED! (Day 109)

01/13/2011 Green Card received (Day 115)

.png

Believe me you are not alone in your wait. I sent my wife's AOS package about 9 days after you and we are still waiting for her green card approval or interview. I do not understand how people filing from another state get their AOS sent to CSC in a matter of months but I live in California and our AOS package is still stitting at the NBC in Missouri. I've called NBC and was told there was no problem. If that is the case, then why the long delay. And I thought waiting for the K1 visa was stressful. :wacko:

oh yeah the K1 visa was a walk in the park compared to waiting for the interview or green card .. i live in california too and i'm still waiting, we filed ours in February.....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

for us both processes(k1 & AOS) have been akin to a root canal

I hope you get your ead soon!!!!

Edited by ~~~water~~~

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
for us both processes(k1 & AOS) have been akin to a root canal

I hope you get your ead soon!!!!

At least a root canal doesn't take as long!! :rofl:

Still waiting for any kind of news on our AOS...still nothing! :cry:

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

Anyone hear any news????

I'm stilll waiting for my card to come...hopefully soon.

I wish we could update that list so that we could see how many people are still waiting!

02/29/2008 Filed AOS

07/25/2008 Interview!!! Approved!

07/29/2008 Approval letter/Welcome to the USA letter for I130 and I485 Arrive

08/18/2008 Permanent Resident Card Arrives!

04/27/2010 Mail Package for lifting conditions

08/11/2010 Approval letter!

Woohoo my card came today..I'm officially done with paperwork for a while !

02/29/2008 Filed AOS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Woohoo my card came today..I'm officially done with paperwork for a while !

Congratulations!! See, we wouldn't need to put you on a waiting for...list, you're off and running!

:dance::dance::dance:

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

E-merce don´t give up hope. You should hear something concerning your service request really soon. Today I received a letter concerning the EAD service request and it says that the card was ordered on 08-09 so I went to check the site and there it says 08-14. Well in any case after the service request was placed things started moving and I´m sure you will hear something within 30 days from your service request placement too :)(F)

Timeline
E-merce don´t give up hope. You should hear something concerning your service request really soon. Today I received a letter concerning the EAD service request and it says that the card was ordered on 08-09 so I went to check the site and there it says 08-14. Well in any case after the service request was placed things started moving and I´m sure you will hear something within 30 days from your service request placement too :)(F)

Thank you so much! Its nice to know that its possible to get results. Honestly, I am kinda expecting something soon because to go this long with absolutely nothing to show for it and not even a letter explaining why is getting out of hand. I feel like its almost impossible for it to go on any longer without there being something either really wrong or them completly screwing up. I mean, once it hits September it will be almost half a year since we mailed the packet in and with no EAD. And the ironic thing is that I didnt even file for an AP so they had even less to process, lol.

We will see what this week brings me in terms of answers.

Thank you all for your support!!

i am so totally over waiting for these guys to get into gear .... makes me wonder if they've lost my file and cant own up to it .............

we are possibly moving states next month from california to colorado so i really need to get this moving.

where in CO are you moving?? CO might be fast me and another girl are done ours and approved.....so maybe it would be faster here....thats if they mnage to transfer it

02/29/2008 Filed AOS

Timeline

Just a random update....

I realized that I never noted down the date that I filed the service request for the EAD, so I called the USCIS hotline today to get it. Both of the women I spoke to were super nice, and I found out that 1) I filed it on July 29th....2) It hasn't been assigned to an officer yet....and 3) The target date listed on the request for when they should give me information by is August 28th, which is two Thursdays from now.

where in CO are you moving?? CO might be fast me and another girl are done ours and approved.....so maybe it would be faster here....thats if they mnage to transfer it

Longmont or Fort Collins - we're not sure yet .... pending a final job interview.....

i would have to call them anyways to change my address and then i'd request a file transfer .......

what gets me is that they were fast enough to cash the cheque we sent them back in FEb .... and its august now .... and no go on my file lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.