BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Not really smiling... the day at work was a hard one. nothing wanted to work the way it was supposed to work. I'm still there, I have to finish a few things before I can go back home (it's 7:50pm in France).

The last four approvals of CSC enlightened my day. they seem so slow that it is upsetting, but at least they did approve some people :) Yeah I'm waiting for big weeks with around 40 approvals, like they did at the end of January! that would be so nice!

I hope your home now. I'm glad that a smile did pop out when you mentioned the approvals today. There would be nothing better than to see a 40 approval week. If they did that for 5 weeks in a row we'd all be approved :thumbs:

Wishful thinking I know, but still.....

I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

nope, I'm still at work. but that's ok. Basicall now, I have to wait half an hour for the application to do its job, then I can update a few things and then I can go back home.

So while waiting, i'm making lists of what I'll need at the interview at the embassy. At least I'm doing something productive.

And about the "wishful thinking", they did it in January, I'm sure they will do it again soon ;)

Edited by Cecile and Bryan

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline
nope, I'm still at work. but that's ok. Basicall now, I have to wait half an hour for the application to do its job, then I can update a few things and then I can go back home.

So while waiting, i'm making lists of what I'll need at the interview at the embassy. At least I'm doing something productive.

And about the "wishful thinking", they did it in January, I'm sure they will do it again soon ;)

There ya go! My Olga is very very busy and has little time to chase forms around so I (Mr. Organized) have been parceling out small tasks to do to help her get this done. This last month the only job was to find the translator in her city that could "officially" translate her documents. This month it'll be filling in the forms (except for the A#), then its getting the police report, birth certificates, etc. ordered, then translated, blah, blah, blah. The idea being that when the NVC sends the paperwork to Kiev we'll be all organized and ready to set the interview at the earliest possible moment. Not sure we'd know what to do if we'd filed at the VSC and been approved in 50 days :lol:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Not really smiling... the day at work was a hard one. nothing wanted to work the way it was supposed to work. I'm still there, I have to finish a few things before I can go back home (it's 7:50pm in France).

The last four approvals of CSC enlightened my day. they seem so slow that it is upsetting, but at least they did approve some people :) Yeah I'm waiting for big weeks with around 40 approvals, like they did at the end of January! that would be so nice!

I hope your home now. I'm glad that a smile did pop out when you mentioned the approvals today. There would be nothing better than to see a 40 approval week. If they did that for 5 weeks in a row we'd all be approved :thumbs:

Wishful thinking I know, but still.....

I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you.

I'm praying for that to happen for you guys...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Timeline
I'm praying for that to happen for you guys...

U Rock :thumbs: Thanks

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

There ya go! My Olga is very very busy and has little time to chase forms around so I (Mr. Organized) have been parceling out small tasks to do to help her get this done. This last month the only job was to find the translator in her city that could "officially" translate her documents. This month it'll be filling in the forms (except for the A#), then its getting the police report, birth certificates, etc. ordered, then translated, blah, blah, blah. The idea being that when the NVC sends the paperwork to Kiev we'll be all organized and ready to set the interview at the earliest possible moment. Not sure we'd know what to do if we'd filed at the VSC and been approved in 50 days :lol:

We have only prepared the basic papers. Ricky, have not even filed for tax return yet.. i guess he is more busy painting the house, probably making sure there is no other area left for me to paint except the roof :blink: ...

Whether, I get the visa earlier or not, my scheduled flight to US is still early or mid August, just in time for my kids to be able to start school and also enough time for the k1 visa to be valid till the wedding on Oct. 3. Some of you CSC January filers might even be with your SO's earlier than me... but I'm not really rushing, I still want to bask in the sun here and eat all the Filipino foods that will not be available there in the US. I'm stuffing up and exercising at the same time, but with the rate my hips and waist are expanding, i guess I am stuffing myself faster than I am exercising :lol: .

I'm hoping and praying there will be more movement at CSC before the week ends.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline
We have only prepared the basic papers. Ricky, have not even filed for tax return yet.. i guess he is more busy painting the house, probably making sure there is no other area left for me to paint except the roof :blink: ...

Whether, I get the visa earlier or not, my scheduled flight to US is still early or mid August, just in time for my kids to be able to start school and also enough time for the k1 visa to be valid till the wedding on Oct. 3. Some of you CSC January filers might even be with your SO's earlier than me... but I'm not really rushing, I still want to bask in the sun here and eat all the Filipino foods that will not be available there in the US. I'm stuffing up and exercising at the same time, but with the rate my hips and waist are expanding, i guess I am stuffing myself faster than I am exercising :lol: .

I hope you're prayers come true. I've got some distinct time pressures - particularly for Olga's 6 year old son who will need to be starting school in September. Can you believe that I'm going to a school registration meeting on March 13? In a perfect world I would have filed at the VSC, been approved in 45 days, had Olga and her son here by June 1, so that he might have an easier transition into his new language and home. But..... well you know that story :lol:

I believe in working late - ok staying at the office late - going home, reading a few pages of a book and having a nice single malt. Keeping busy is my key, not necessarily productive. Where I am dbears, there is no sun to bask in - lots o snow, so I hope yuo enjoy the days you have under the palm trees. I have always said that life can't really be all bad when you can look out your window at a palm tree.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

blake:

i know exactly how you feel...my son is 14 and going to be entering grade 10 in a new country...if CSC had the same standard of service as VSC he would entering the US during the summer and being able to acclimatize to the new "life" as it stands we wont be there until the new year because it would be unfair to take him out of school before christmas...he would miss exams therefore lose that part of his school year credits.

dbears:

you are living the perfect VSC life... must be nice... if i had my chance i would give up everything at the first chance to be with the man i love... i wouldnt wait to "bask" and "stuff" the thought of the "jackpot" was intended as "fun" as such from what i read from your last posts... how would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot? and you were with CSC and watching the VSC approvals wiz by..i guess a lot of praying would make you feel better but it wouldnt make it happen any faster. :angry:

I hope you're prayers come true. I've got some distinct time pressures - particularly for Olga's 6 year old son who will need to be starting school in September. Can you believe that I'm going to a school registration meeting on March 13? In a perfect world I would have filed at the VSC, been approved in 45 days, had Olga and her son here by June 1, so that he might have an easier transition into his new language and home. But..... well you know that story :lol:

I believe in working late - ok staying at the office late - going home, reading a few pages of a book and having a nice single malt. Keeping busy is my key, not necessarily productive. Where I am dbears, there is no sun to bask in - lots o snow, so I hope yuo enjoy the days you have under the palm trees. I have always said that life can't really be all bad when you can look out your window at a palm tree.

Are all schools in the US need to have very early registration? Ricky & I have been assuming that would still be July or August... Our school year here starts june and ends in March. I would still be enrolling my kids for june and july so they will have something to do while waiting to go there and also for them to be able to say goodbye to their friends in school.

Philippines is a tropical country and everytime Rick and I talk about the weather temperature in N.C. it just make me wonder how I am ever gonna get use to it... i'd probably be wearing jacket and thick pants when all other people around me are wearing sleevesless and shorts. My kids will get use to it fast, they cant sleep without the aircon in their room turned full blast while me, i can't stand the cold.

ROC

N-400

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

dbears:

you are living the perfect VSC life... must be nice... if i had my chance i would give up everything at the first chance to be with the man i love... i wouldnt wait to "bask" and "stuff" the thought of the "jackpot" was intended as "fun" as such from what i read from your last posts... how would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot? and you were with CSC and watching the VSC approvals wiz by..i guess a lot of praying would make you feel better but it wouldnt make it happen any faster. :angry:

Why? Do you expect me to tell you all our personal reasons why we have to leave by August and not earlier? Do you honestly believe that we would intentionally wait till august without a valid reason? I would give my arms and legs to be with him again even for just one day.. how much more a lifetime?! It's not all "bask" and "stuff" dear, we have deeper and more serious reasons which you are not entitled to know.

And if you think your negative and hateful comment can turn me into a negative person like you. I'm sorry to disappoint you, I have been through a lot in my life already and the only reason I am still surviving is because I chose to stay positive and not let my trials get me down, and you definitely won't be a reason for me to start loving misery now.

Being negative won't help anybody, that will only foster frustration more, and I believe Blake wanted to help other's combat those frustrations in a positive way by positive interaction with others on the same boat. And if having a positive outlook is really hard for you, pls do give blakes thread the respect it deserves because so far, Blake and other wonderful people in this thread have managed to keep it as positive as possible, in case you haven't noticed.

Goood luck on your journey.

ROC

N-400

dbears:

How would you feel if you are a VSC filer and just watch other VSC filers wiz you by? And in case you are not aware, I am not approved yet... Is filing in VSC 100% assurance that all VSC filers get approved fast? Take a look at these timelines.. you can even click on the names so you can see the actual timeline.

Kenneth & Loshiel

service center: VSC

sent I-129F : 2007-8-25

NOA1 : 2007-8-28

NOA2: NONE YET

Jorge & Nohemi

Service Center: VSC

sent I-129F : 2007-07-28

NOA1: 2007-08-23

Adam & Carrie

Service center: VSC

sent I-129F : 2007-06-05

NOA1: 2007-06-08

RFE: 2008-02-21

these 3 don't post much but their accounts are still active, their timelines are also recently updated due to RFE.. Now, tell these 3 couple how perfect the VSC life is and complain to them that prayers won't make CSC approval any faster.. take note, october CSC filers are getting approvals already while these so called lucky VSC filers are still waiting in limbo...

Aside from those 3 people above, there are still september VSC filers who have not been approved either, as well as october, november and december filers. Yes, there are a lot of January filers who got approved but there are still 43 of us who have not yet received approval... Will your apparent grudge towards VSC filers ensure us that we will all be approved next week? Will it be a 100% assurance that no one among us will be left behind like some of the VSC filers before us?

On a personal note, you have one son, I have two kids whom I have raised on my own without any child support from their father, not a single dime. With all the hardship I went through, I have all the reason to hate their father and teach my kids to hate him as well. That's what bitter and negative people do and I have every reason to be negative and bitter. But would that help my kids? Definitely not. So, I chose not to say anything bad about their father to them. I taught my kids to pray for their father wherever he is, I taught my kids to praise and give thanks for all the small things we have instead of complaining about the things we don't have. They were both toddlers when their father abandoned us, my youngest barely one year old that time.. now, they are 10 & 8, respectively. Both are very sweet and happy kids who are always praised by their teachers and other parents because they know how to extend help and give support to others in need. And thankfully, both have a very positive outlook in life, there's not a trace of negative effects of parent's separation in them. Both, have a good sense of humor and both can laugh out loud without care. They are my treasure and they are my living proof that I made the right choice when I set aside my bitterness and all my complains and focused on what I can positively do for my kids and all counted my small blessings instead of complaining for all the things I lack. And no, my SO did not assist me in raising my kids, I was already a single working mom when we met. And my kids are already the way they are, happy kids with laughter and humor in their eyes.

You're in Canada where English is the primary language, so your son will not have problems with that.. my kids will be facing language barrier when they get there which means a tougher adjustment period for them. You are in Canada where it just takes a few hours to get to US or your SO can freely go there for you... I am in the other side of the world where it will takes over one day of travel time (one way) to get here and cost thousands in airfare. Without adding our personal private reasons for waiting till august, tell me now who between us have more reason to complain? Do you think I also don't want them to be in the US earlier to be able to adjust before school year starts like you want your son to?

Complain about the system if you must but pls don't ever hold grudge and be negative towards other people just because they happen to file in the faster service center, which is in fact not even an assurance that these people will really get approved any faster than you. Pls remember, it is not our fault that we filed at VSC and none of us are happy that you CSC filers have a longer waiting period than we do. I have made friends here in VJ, some of them CSC filers from previous months and it breaks my heart that they are still waiting up to now.

Now, about jokes and taking all this things lightly. My life is already full of drama since I was a kid, long-distance relationship are already full of drama, visa processing is already loaded with frustrating drama... what helped me in my own personal struggles have been prayers and laughters and the same thing have sustained me and my SO's relationship... well, prayers may not have helped me get the fastest approval but it did help me wait for the right time with a more joyful heart... and yes, prayers do make me feel better always, especially since there is really nothing we can do here but pray for each other.

this won't help you get noa2 tomorrow or next week but I am still hoping and praying we will see movement among CSC filers. It honestly adds to my joy to see my friends names moving up Igor's list.

God speed.

ROC

N-400

Timeline

I agree with you dbears, negative thoughts will not help anybody. No, the K1 process isn't all joy and happiness. Yes it is probably hard for everybody to be far from their lover. Yes, we would all prefer to be together again without having to wait. But we can't help it. We do have to wait several long months. That's why positive thoughts are better. How can someone go through this process while being angry?

I prefer to think that I am less sad than before the process. Because the past years, we couldn't know when we would be together again, and the time we spent together always had an end, which made everything even sadder. But now, even though the process takes some time, at least next time we'll be together, it will be for years! even decades! a lifetime! So why would anyone be sad or angry?

If there's one thing that makes me sad sometimes, it's the fact that I'm going to leave my parents behind.

Of course one part of me feels a little upset when we see many more VSC approvals everyday. But what can we do? Are we going to cry because some other people are going to be approved before us? Are we going to tell them not to show their happiness? That would be cruel. A lot more cruel than them wishing us good luck.

As for "who is moving as soon as they have the visa in hand / who is going to wait several months more?" everybody's life is different. I'm planning to move maybe two weeks after I have my K1 visa. The only constraints I have are a 3 month notice for my job (to tell them I'm quitting) and the same for the apartment I'm renting. That I will give them at least 2 months before the interview (and if it finally takes longer, my mother will be happy to let me come back home). the people who decide to wait longer (like dbears) have more responsibilities: they have children, or their own company to take care of, or many other things they won't tell us because, well, it's their life! if they decide to wait more, they have good reasons to do so.

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Why? Do you expect me to tell you all our personal reasons why we have to leave by August and not earlier? Do you honestly believe that we would intentionally wait till august without a valid reason? I would give my arms and legs to be with him again even for just one day.. how much more a lifetime?! It's not all "bask" and "stuff" dear, we have deeper and more serious reasons which you are not entitled to know.

And if you think your negative and hateful comment can turn me into a negative person like you. I'm sorry to disappoint you, I have been through a lot in my life already and the only reason I am still surviving is because I chose to stay positive and not let my trials get me down, and you definitely won't be a reason for me to start loving misery now.

Being negative won't help anybody, that will only foster frustration more, and I believe Blake wanted to help other's combat those frustrations in a positive way by positive interaction with others on the same boat. And if having a positive outlook is really hard for you, pls do give blakes thread the respect it deserves because so far, Blake and other wonderful people in this thread have managed to keep it as positive as possible, in case you haven't noticed.

Goood luck on your journey.

dbears, I like you a little bit more with every post you make! :luv:

You are completely right, and I am in a similar situation - if I were approved tomorrow, I'd also be delaying my entry into the US until late August/September. For me this is because both Alex and I need to save up as much money as possible, and because we have given late October as a tentative wedding date to our friends and family. That does not, however, mean that I don't miss Alex terribly and it's a little insulting to have it insinuated that I don't love Alex as much as I could just because I am trying to be practical about the whole visa situation.

I am glad that you are not allowing yourself to be beaten down by anyone; I really appreciate your positive outlook on this forum and you've been a tremendous help to so many of us. I have no doubt that you're an amazing mother to your children.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Thank you very much Cecile & Rachel,.. and of course, thank you to Blake who have actually started both this thread and the other thread and for also being one of the most positive person in the whole visa forum.... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

My kids are adorable, they are actually doing a good job turning me into a good mom :yes:

here's my kids:

the gift of a daughter

the gift of a son

and the crazy mom

I'm just sharing pics so you would also share some pics of your hometowns or your family and Blake could also share pics of him and Olha.

Questions:

how is it living in your country? and what are the things you will most likely miss most?

ROC

N-400

Timeline

Your kids are so cute!! and you're very cute too!

And the Phillipines look great. I don't really like when the temperatures are very high, but it makes me dream to see these wonderful lanscapes! Sand, sea, trees,... so beautiful!

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.