BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

A huge controversy in the US or France?

Hmm, from the printout I got from the US Embassy's London page it says you don't require the Hep B shot if you're over 18...

EDIT: I just noticed you're a CSC filer too, Miss Yoko! For some reason I thought you had filed in Vermont :D

Edited by Alex & Rachel

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Not sure where you all are on the CSC list but I am the very last Nov filer for a K1 and I just went under 100 yesterday.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
A huge controversy in the US or France?

Hmm, from the printout I got from the US Embassy's London page it says you don't require the Hep B shot if you're over 18...

EDIT: I just noticed you're a CSC filer too, Miss Yoko! For some reason I thought you had filed in Vermont :D

there is the list on the us embassy French website :

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations (listed below) prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. The physicians who conduct medical examinations of immigrant visa applicants are required to verify that you have met the vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for you to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

* Mumps

* Measles

* Rubella

* Polio

* Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

* Pertussis

* Influenzae type b (Hib)

* Hepatitis B

* Varicella

* Pneumococcal and

* Influenza

so ...

Its a controversy in France. I don't care i just want to get my visa :)

And nooooooooo i'm desperate being at CSC

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Timeline
The talk of vaccinations is reminding me that there is one thing I should do - go and get all of mine from the doctor before the medical, as it'll be cheaper. I also fall into the age-group (11-26 females) for the Human papillonomavirus which looks to be required for AOS, so I'll need to ask for that, too.

I'm off to visit my parents for a few days! Blake, Cecile - I'm relying on you guys to keep this thread well and alive.

so that would mean the list of vaccination requirements is different whether it's for K1 interview or AOS?

As for keeping the thread alive, I have no idea what I'm going to do this weekend! so maybe I'll be online half of the time :P

And Blake, MissYoko, and all the other ones, what are you going to do this weekend? (it might give me good ideas!)

Edited by Cecile and Bryan

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

So confusing. :wacko:

From hanging out in the UK forum, it seems that at the medical they only offer you tetanus/MMR vaccinations - all you need for the initial entry into the US. But from what others have said Human papillonomavirus will be required (for women my age) at AOS. If different country's embassies are all saying different things then I wonder how we're supposed to know what will be required and what not?!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Good to hear, Blake :thumbs:

The talk of vaccinations is reminding me that there is one thing I should do - go and get all of mine from the doctor before the medical, as it'll be cheaper. I also fall into the age-group (11-26 females) for the Human papillonomavirus which looks to be required for AOS, so I'll need to ask for that, too.

I'm off to visit my parents for a few days! Blake, Cecile - I'm relying on you guys to keep this thread well and alive.

We'll do our best - at staying alive that is.... :P

One thing to remember about the medical's you take is that when it comes to the adjustment of status (looking way down the road) you need to have a medical that is less than one year old. So getting it done and out of the way too early, may require another one in the states depending on how long this process goes on. Have fun with your parents!!

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Timeline
So confusing. :wacko:

From hanging out in the UK forum, it seems that at the medical they only offer you tetanus/MMR vaccinations - all you need for the initial entry into the US. But from what others have said Human papillonomavirus will be required (for women my age) at AOS. If different country's embassies are all saying different things then I wonder how we're supposed to know what will be required and what not?!

And that would be good to know it as soon as possible, since the papillomavirus vaccine is quite long to get (I believe there are 3 shots: 1st shot the 1st month, 2nd shot one month later and 3rd shot 6 months later)!

One thing to remember about the medical's you take is that when it comes to the adjustment of status (looking way down the road) you need to have a medical that is less than one year old. So getting it done and out of the way too early, may require another one in the states depending on how long this process goes on. Have fun with your parents!!

Yes true, it's probably better to wait at least for NOA2.

Anything special planned for this weekend Blake?

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Blake - true - but the vaccinations themselves only need to be done once. :) I'm still expecting to have the medical in London/at AOS.

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing my family! It's also an opportunity to see all my grandparents and old friends. (My grandparents moved to the same town to retire). Plus I'll get to groom the dogs and pet the cat (and sneeze a lot - darn allergies). It's my dad's 50th birthday and he's having a huge party.

I've bought clothes for my youngest two siblings - I love buying children's clothes! There are some really pretty designs in stores, especially for girls. And so long as a child is about average weight/height you can pretty much pick the right age off the shelf and it'll fit. If only it worked that way for adults. :P

Edited by Alex & Rachel

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline

so that would mean the list of vaccination requirements is different whether it's for K1 interview or AOS?

As for keeping the thread alive, I have no idea what I'm going to do this weekend! so maybe I'll be online half of the time :P

And Blake, MissYoko, and all the other ones, what are you going to do this weekend? (it might give me good ideas!)

So, i feel a bit sick today, i have some terrible headache... i think i will go back home and take a long relaxing bath.

Tomorrow i have some grocery shopping to do at the morning as i daughter will be back from vacation (she was to her grandparents).

To celebrate that she is back we will go to the Japanese restaurant :) she is crazy about yakitori!

Sunday, i don't know, it depends about the weather, there is no kids movie at this time... will see.

there is my little sweetheart

post-43740-1204904355_thumb.jpg

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

She's so cute! She has a beautiful heart-shaped face :)

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline
She's so cute! She has a beautiful heart-shaped face :)

Thank you so much, i'm so proud about her :) She's half vietnamese.

post-43740-1204904767_thumb.jpg

Richard & Chantal

.png

Timeline

I agree: your daughter is absolutely beautiful!

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline
I agree: your daughter is absolutely beautiful!

Big big smile, and she's wonderful too, smiling all the time, sweet and nice and lovely. She's a dream :) And everybody loves her.

Richard & Chantal

.png

Timeline

a last one :P

yes i'm crazy about her :)

post-43740-1204905459_thumb.jpg

Richard & Chantal

.png

Face paints are so much fun when you're young! She does have a very expressive face :)

EDIT: Hello Kitty! I admit, I'm a fan...a bit of a sucker for the cutesy stuff.

Edited by Alex & Rachel

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.