BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Rachel: Thanks, having no probs with the jetlag anymore :)

Cecile: Good to hear your SSN will be ok but sucky to hear about the DMV thingie... no wonder they called it a portal to hell on some tv series lol.

Aravis: Congrats with the marriage :D Also, I would wait until I received the SSN as I believe you will need a SSN to go with the EAD.

MissYoko: You're lucky!!! I have to do a written test, eye exam and have to take a road test.. bleh :( Also, I will have to turn my old license in since I cannot have two licenses according to them (makes sense in a way but still lol), I don't know if I will turn my old one in tho, it seems I have to do the exact same steps if I didn't had a license before so why bother in turning my old one in again, at least I would be able to keep my Dutch license if I don't tell them :)

Pam: I don't know if it is true what the guy at your DMV told you, I wish it was like that for me but I do need to have a SSN before I can get a Hawaiian license (and as far as I know, you will need an SSN before you can get the EAD).

As for me, no updates yet... I am doubting as for when to get my SSN, basically I should be able to request it on friday the 17th but then we wont be able to go out as Michelle needs to watch her mothers clients so it would either be thursday the 16th but then it is exactly 2 weeks since I entered the country or I would have to pull it over the weekend until after our marriage on the 21st or 22nd :S

What would you guys do? Try on thursday or just go on the tuesday after? Also, if I am not in the computer yet, do you think it would be possible to just say "never mind then, I'll come back next week"?

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Cecile: Good to hear your SSN will be ok but sucky to hear about the DMV thingie... no wonder they called it a portal to hell on some tv series lol.

Ha, it looks like we watch the same shows :P

What would you guys do? Try on thursday or just go on the tuesday after? Also, if I am not in the computer yet, do you think it would be possible to just say "never mind then, I'll come back next week"?

I'd say that you should wait longer, instead of going to early. it doesn't matter if you go there too late, but it matters if you go there too early. and yes, I think that you can say "never mind, I'll come back later".

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 6 days and we will know our fate..............I am stressing people!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 6 days and we will know our fate..............I am stressing people!

5 days here... hmmmmmmmm i even dont know really how i feel. OK, I'm scary.

Maybe i need to get drunk or so :P

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Timeline

Sunny, MissYoko, I am pretty sure that everything will be fine :) I am glad the wait is almost over for you now.

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline
We sent the AOS package tonight!

I also received a letter from the SSA yesterday, saying that I should receive my social security card within two weeks! Now if only I could get a driver license soon, instead of having to wait until I have the EAD or the green card... Apparently, from what my local DMV told me, I can't have one while I am adjusting my status. I am going to go to another DMV just to make sure that they tell me the same thing. It's going to suck to be stuck for 3 months, if that is true (and it probably is).

I'm happy that this SSN nightmare is over for you Cécile! :thumbs:

Don't worry about the DMV, she didn't know what she was talking about! Just wait for your NOA and SSN card to arrive and go back there... I'm sure it will be ok.

When I first got to the SSA, the lady told me it was not possible for me to get a SSN, 2 days later I went back and the same lady told me No Problem, then I went there to change my name, and she told me it was not possible because of the AOS, and 3 days later I went back there and still the same lady told me No problem and start being nice with me, telling me nice things...weirdoooo! lol

They sure don't always know what they are saying! your story about the SSA is a very good example.

I went to another DMV today and asked them pretty much the same questions and while the lady (are there only women working at the DMV? second office, only ladies too!) didn't seem very sure on which document I would need, but she seemed pretty sure that I can have a license while adjusting my status. So, I think I will go back there next week when I receive my NOA1 (I assume we receive one for AOS too) and ask her if it looks like what I need. I hope she won't have changed her mind by then :P

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline
They sure don't always know what they are saying! your story about the SSA is a very good example.

I went to another DMV today and asked them pretty much the same questions and while the lady (are there only women working at the DMV? second office, only ladies too!) didn't seem very sure on which document I would need, but she seemed pretty sure that I can have a license while adjusting my status. So, I think I will go back there next week when I receive my NOA1 (I assume we receive one for AOS too) and ask her if it looks like what I need. I hope she won't have changed her mind by then :P

What a relieve to read your post! :)

I am happy to see I am not the only one who have been told I "can" pass the test with just the NOA and my SSN. Hopefully next time I will go, I won't have a total different version; but it is good to know!

Miss Yoko, I had no idea your interview was so close!!!!!!!!!

Big big thoughts to you on wednesday!!! I am also sure everything will go smootly!

If you have evrything well prepared, you're going to be just fine! ;)

And big big thoughts still to you Sunny on thursday! :)

Hiya peepz,

I was just looking at the documents needed for the SSA and I noticed that it is not possible to download document RM 00203.500 any longer as I get a page load error and such :S

Did you guys take this with you anyways when you went to the SSA?

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Miss Yoko this is our week coming up!!!!!!!!! Good luck to ya hunny!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Hiya peepz,

I was just looking at the documents needed for the SSA and I noticed that it is not possible to download document RM 00203.500 any longer as I get a page load error and such :S

We took it with us (printed it last weekend without any problems...maybe try again tomorrow?), but they didn't ask for it. The guy we happened to get had done several of them just that day. When are you planning to go? If you can't get to the on-line version in the beginning of the week let me know, Dennis or I can scan it and email it to you. Hopefully you won't need it, but better safe than sorry IMO.

Edited by aravis227

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

If you can't get to the on-line version in the beginning of the week let me know, Dennis or I can scan it and email it to you. Hopefully you won't need it, but better safe than sorry IMO.

Thanks but I just found a pdf file on another site :)

Now I am just wondering if I should print it out since it is 15 pages :S lol, but yah, like u said, better safe then sorry.. guess I'll be printing it out ^^

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Timeline
Miss Yoko this is our week coming up!!!!!!!!! Good luck to ya hunny!

Oh yes Sunny, finally its our turn!

Good luck to you too!

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Timeline
If you can't get to the on-line version in the beginning of the week let me know, Dennis or I can scan it and email it to you. Hopefully you won't need it, but better safe than sorry IMO.

Thanks but I just found a pdf file on another site :)

Now I am just wondering if I should print it out since it is 15 pages :S lol, but yah, like u said, better safe then sorry.. guess I'll be printing it out ^^

I think I printed only what was related to K1 visas, you don't need to print the 15 pages.

And I don't think we needed that document in the end, the woman didn't want to see any extra documents that I had brought. (except the passport/visa/marriage certificate of course)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
What the person told me at the DMV is, you could apply for a license right away, but it would expire as soon as your I-94 expires.

So, he said that I just need to show him proof that I am adjusting my status, and, according to that person, I could apply for my license as soon as I get my NOA, and not necessarly my EAD card.The EAD card is a temporary card while waiting for the green card(while adjusting our status), so why that person is telling you you cannot get a license while adjusting your status, but says it is ok as soon as you get your EAD card? Someone correct me if I am wrong but aren't we still "adjusting our status" while we are having our EAD card?

Am I the only one who have been told that? :whistle: What about you Lucie? did they say the same thing to you?

Hey!

At the DMV they told me to get my SSN card, passeport, with the I94, and a proof that I am adjusting my status. but apparently NOA is not a 100 percent sure it works. I called the other day, and they say it should be okay but sometimes they prefer we do biometrics first...don't know why, she couldn't give me explanation, so I guess it just depends on your face, hair, way you dress... :huh:

great!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Hiya peepz,

I didn't bring anything exept my passeport. At the entrance they gave you all the forms you need! but just in case you can bring the document! ; )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.