BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Just popping in to tell Jeroen CONGRATS on being back with Michelle!

Blake Good luck to you too and cannot wait to hear Olga is with you!

I am getting scared out of my mind for Gareths interview on the 16th so trying not to be on here too much and not think about it haha....to make me even more not think about it I put my very first offer in on a house for us today! EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK talk about nerves haha! Sleeping tablets here I come!!!

Nothing like an immigration interview, hoping your man finally gets to you after a year and a half, a wedding, a new house (maybe) and the holidays all in a matter of months! Hahahaha

Is it 2009 yet?

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am getting scared out of my mind for Gareths interview on the 16th so trying not to be on here too much and not think about it haha....to make me even more not think about it I put my very first offer in on a house for us today! EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKK talk about nerves haha! Sleeping tablets here I come!!!

Nothing like an immigration interview, hoping your man finally gets to you after a year and a half, a wedding, a new house (maybe) and the holidays all in a matter of months! Hahahaha

Is it 2009 yet?

Hi Steph,

I just wanted to wish you and Gareth luck on the 16th.

We have not communicated much, but I have followed your posts at times, because we have a few things in common:

1. Similar Timelines

2. Same UK Consulate

3. Same first name (Stephanie)

4. Same interview date for our men (10/16)

Isn't that funny? Well, I just wanted to say hi and wish you well.

Stevi

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Thanks guys!

Btw, a word of advice when traveling half the world: set an alarm when you take a short power nap during the day... I forgot to do this, turned out I slept for about 4 hours during the day and that resulted in me only sleeping 1.5-2 hours last night, it is 6 AM atm and I am awake since 3 AM.. bleh.. I hate jetlags :/

Oh well, guess it will be a short power nap today and this time I will set my alarm (I have to take one otherwise I would not be able to actually get through the day) and everything should be ok again tomorrow :)

Good luck to you and Gareth on the interview Steph! I am sure everything will work out fine for you ;)

Also, Blake, I hope everything works out for the best of you and Olga, seeing you being so confident about it makes me confident also, it will just be a matter of time and you will be able to hold your loved one in your arms again!

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to you and Michelle, Jeroen :) I'm glad you made it there safely!

January 19, 2008 sent I129f to CSC

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

June 9, 2008 NVC received

June 10, 2008 mailed to Vancouver!!!

June 24, 2008 Packet 3 received!!!

July 3, 2008 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver

July 11, 2008 Medical

July 15, 2008 Packet 4 received(interview notice)

August 27, 2008 1pm INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!!

September 14, 2008 POE Pembina, North Dakota YAY!!!!

November 1, 2008 Wedding!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

January 10, 2009 AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago lockbox

January 12, 2009 Received

January 22, 2009 NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

January 30, 2009 AOS transfered to CSC

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 Biometrics

March 17, 2009 EAD card production ordered

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

March 18, 2009 AP received

March 25, 2009 EAD received (good for one year)

April 21, 2009 Email stating AOS approved!!!!!!

April 25, 2009 Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Is it 2009 yet?

Well, Sunny, good luck to Gareth....less than 10 days now!!

I keep you in my thoughts, and hope you will have your man with you soon!! :)

How did it go with the house?

Me, I just sent my AOS packet tonight!! :dance:

I am pretty excited right now, and hope that I will be able to work in less than 3 months now!!

Timeline

Is it 2009 yet?

Well, Sunny, good luck to Gareth....less than 10 days now!!

I keep you in my thoughts, and hope you will have your man with you soon!! :)

How did it go with the house?

Me, I just sent my AOS packet tonight!! :dance:

I am pretty excited right now, and hope that I will be able to work in less than 3 months now!!

Well put in an offer on the house over what they were asking even on Saturday...have yet to hear a thing! BUT I was one of over 7 offers that we are aware of that went in on it sooooo very doubtful it will be ours. We are ok with that as we discussed it and decided we will stay in this flat a bit longer to just settle and help Gabby adjust to her new step daddy etc....I mean we are already in a great area I just want more space! But we are trying not to rush so either way it goes we shall be happy!

And yes we are freaking over his upcoming interview!!!! Just want it DONE and our official APPROVED! Then of course we have to get him here which still makes us a bit bonkers haha! I am trying to stay busy and not think about it all too much as I will work myself into a tizzy!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Timeline

I know I am late, but... Congratulations Jeroen!!! (and Michelle too of course) It makes me happy every time I see a couple reunited.

And Sunny, I am sure that everything will go smoothly at the interview :)

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

Aww thanks Cecile! I sure hope so as we are both becoming wrecks and I am even sending out a second notarized support form as we have heard rumours on here where people are being put on hold if they did not tick the "intend to support" box on number 11! The one on here in the samples has neither checked and then says "N/A K1 fiance' visa" so that is how I did first one I sent....but now also sending onto Gareth one where it says "I intend to fully support" and still have K1 fiance visa but then also put how I will be supporting him as my husband etc...that way we are covered no matter what that particular person is wanting that day!!!

I just want next Thursday to be here and for us to KNOW and have plane tickets bought hopefully!!!!! UGHHH gonna be a long week to get to that day.

Stevi: Too funny on all our similarities!!! Good luck to your man on the 16th too! Are u nervous yet?

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Jeroen, glad to hear you are reunited safely with Michelle and enjoying life! Hope you recover from the jetlag soon!

Quick update here: I'm fine, have enough money now, am steadily losing weight (3.5 lbs these past two weeks), and the only concern is that Alex is probably about to lose his job. Still, it hasn't happened yet so fingers crossed. :)

Sunny and Stevi - good luck to both of your men on the 16th! Hope it hurries up for you soon. :)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Timeline

We sent the AOS package tonight!

I also received a letter from the SSA yesterday, saying that I should receive my social security card within two weeks! Now if only I could get a driver license soon, instead of having to wait until I have the EAD or the green card... Apparently, from what my local DMV told me, I can't have one while I am adjusting my status. I am going to go to another DMV just to make sure that they tell me the same thing. It's going to suck to be stuck for 3 months, if that is true (and it probably is).

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I also received a letter from the SSA yesterday, saying that I should receive my social security card within two weeks! Now if only I could get a driver license soon, instead of having to wait until I have the EAD or the green card... Apparently, from what my local DMV told me, I can't have one while I am adjusting my status. I am going to go to another DMV just to make sure that they tell me the same thing. It's going to suck to be stuck for 3 months, if that is true (and it probably is).

I'm happy that this SSN nightmare is over for you Cécile! :thumbs:

Don't worry about the DMV, she didn't know what she was talking about! Just wait for your NOA and SSN card to arrive and go back there... I'm sure it will be ok.

When I first got to the SSA, the lady told me it was not possible for me to get a SSN, 2 days later I went back and the same lady told me No Problem, then I went there to change my name, and she told me it was not possible because of the AOS, and 3 days later I went back there and still the same lady told me No problem and start being nice with me, telling me nice things...weirdoooo! lol

I'm sure it was just bad luck for you the other day!

The thing I notice here, everytime I ask a question they told me it's not possible. But if you say I WANT TO blablabla, they just give it to you! You need to look confident and be a 100 percent sure of what you re talking about! ;)

I haven't posted over here for awhile, but I still keep up. :) I've been wondering about this...Dennis is here and we're married! Yay! :) We want to file the AOS/EAD/AP paperwork, but I was reading the instructions and couldn't tell if we had to wait for the SSN before we filed. He applied on Monday with very little trouble, but do we have to wait to get the number before we file AOS or can we file without it?

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Timeline

Hey guys! :)

What I know about driving license for Illinois is that :

Driving license

Under a bilateral agreement between France and Illinois, you can request the exchange of your driver's license against a French valid license in Illinois. Home Section to the French - Registration (formerly registration) of the Consulate General of France will tell you to follow the formalities. Beware, the State of Illinois requires that applicants have a number of Social Security. You can also contact the driver's State of Illinois, information regarding the rules of the road.

Its when I went to the prefefecture to get my international driving license that they told me that. See if its the same kind of agreement in your state.

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Timeline

Hi everybody!

Well, Rachel, I am sorry to hear that Alex could lose his job... :(

Did he do something wrong or is it because they need to cut some jobs?

I hope whatever happens you will both be all right.

Cécile, great news!! I am happy you will have your SSN soon.

What the person told me at the DMV is, you could apply for a license right away, but it would expire as soon as your I-94 expires.

So, he said that I just need to show him proof that I am adjusting my status, and, according to that person, I could apply for my license as soon as I get my NOA, and not necessarly my EAD card.The EAD card is a temporary card while waiting for the green card(while adjusting our status), so why that person is telling you you cannot get a license while adjusting your status, but says it is ok as soon as you get your EAD card? Someone correct me if I am wrong but aren't we still "adjusting our status" while we are having our EAD card?

Am I the only one who have been told that? :whistle: What about you Lucie? did they say the same thing to you?

In my case, I am currently driving. I have my French license, and the international one with me, and I don't know why I could not be able to drive.

I agree with Lucie through, depending of the person you talk to, they say one thing or the complete opposite! :bonk: so if anyone have a different story on how to get your driving license, I would love to know! :)

Miss Yoko, the agreement you have in your state is awesome!! :)

I did check that with my state, and I know I have to pass the test and everything... but good for you! :thumbs:

Avaris, great to hear from you!

If I were you, I would wait to get my SS card to file AOS. They ask your SSN on several forms for the AOS.

I don't know if you can file without or not, but it is just a matter of a week or two for your husband to get his number and then send eveything out to Chicago.Good luck to you! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.