BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
LOL. Is there such a thing as Murphy's Law in reverse? Here I was just about to post another post thanking you all for your support and talking about how frustrated we felt and BOOM - Mary checked the mail and there it was. Interview is set for October 14th. YeeeHAH!

So thank you all for your support - we can finally see ourselves moving forward!!!!

Yay Congratulations!!! and it is in less than a month!!! :)

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
WaitForever, I remember a few months ago while we were all waiting for our NOA2, I read some threads in the Canadian subforum, and everybody was waiting for an interview date. I thought that the embassy really sucked, that they should not make people wait that long. Even though we are kind of used to waiting with this process, every additional waiting time makes us suffer a little more. I am really sorry this is happening to you. As Blake said, if you need to vent, don't hesitate, this thread is here for that purpose. Stay strong, even though it takes some time, it WILL happen soon.

How's married life treating you so far Cecile? I haven't seen you here too much and that's a good sign. Have you done your AOS filing yet? I printed out all the forms last night, GAWD, I can't believe that I'm going right back to the CIS hopper again. At least this time I can get Olga's help on it.

So let me get this straight..... Marriage License.....Marriage with her changing last name.....social security card with her new last name. I can do this right?

No, we haven't filed for AOS yet because of my I-94... I don't know if you read this two weeks ago, but when I went to the Social Security office, they discovered that my I-94 number was linked to a different person in the system. Therefore, they had to send a manual request to the immigration services (or something along those lines) which will take more time. I am going to call back in a week if I don't receive anything in the mail, and then harass them once a week :P Anyway, it kind of sucks to not know when I'll get my number and how, but I can't really do anything. And then I decided that it would probably be best to wait at least until the beginning of October (because at SSA they said we should have an answer in 3 weeks, which means by the beginning of October) before to send the AOS paperwork, in case they decide to give me a new I-94 or something similar.

But I guess if I don't have any news soon, I can still send the paperwork and write on the cover letter that the I-94 number on the paperwork is the one on my passport but that it is wrong in their system.

This is so messed up...

Marriage license ... marriage .... social security .... should work if you don't have something strange happening on the way, as it did for me. you got it right :thumbs:

Other than that, married life isn't too different than not married life. I keep saying "my boyfriend" instead of "my husband" (and he does it too :P)! I'm at home most of the days, which I like a lot even though I'd love to have a car so I can get out when I want too. I take his car once a week for a day, which is nice, but sometimes I'd like it the other days too :P I cook dinner so it's ready when he comes back from work, we go to a lot of places, see many friends, but still spend a lot of time just together. we bought a fish last weekend, and a nice kitchen table too, so we're slowly building our nest (all the canaries have nests, don't they? ;) ) So, so far everything has been perfect :)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

We have an interview date!!!!!

Just called DOS today and interview was scheduled for Gareth on October 16th at 8:30 am! YAYYAYAYAYAYYAAYYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYA

Oh man oh man I am SO happy!!! :crying: Tears of joy baby!!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

We have an interview date!!!!!

Just called DOS today and interview was scheduled for Gareth on October 16th at 8:30 am! YAYYAYAYAYAYYAAYYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYA

Oh man oh man I am SO happy!!! :crying: Tears of joy baby!!!!

Get in!!!!!!! :dance:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on the interview dates everyone!!!!! :dance::dance::dance: Levi and I are just unpacking and trying to figure out where to put everything! Also loving finally being able to spend time together :D

January 19, 2008 sent I129f to CSC

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

June 9, 2008 NVC received

June 10, 2008 mailed to Vancouver!!!

June 24, 2008 Packet 3 received!!!

July 3, 2008 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver

July 11, 2008 Medical

July 15, 2008 Packet 4 received(interview notice)

August 27, 2008 1pm INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!!

September 14, 2008 POE Pembina, North Dakota YAY!!!!

November 1, 2008 Wedding!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

January 10, 2009 AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago lockbox

January 12, 2009 Received

January 22, 2009 NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

January 30, 2009 AOS transfered to CSC

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 Biometrics

March 17, 2009 EAD card production ordered

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

March 18, 2009 AP received

March 25, 2009 EAD received (good for one year)

April 21, 2009 Email stating AOS approved!!!!!!

April 25, 2009 Card received

Timeline

I feel like I'm going to be one of those bridezillas... grrrr...

We are currently trying to set a date for the ceremony wedding next year. I had asked my brother and my sister to send me their school schedule so we can plan it during their vacation time. The plan was that they would come to the USA for a 2 weeks vacation trip. We kind of decided that it would be best to do it at the end of june/beginning of july (even though it would be too hot in July) but now my mother is telling me that they are the busiest days at her workplace. So I said maybe we can do it at the end of May, between my sister's exams ( :wacko: ) if my brother can skip two weeks of classes. it would be the end of the school year so I doubt he would miss anything important. So, right now, it kind of sucks to not be able to set a date. that makes me all upset!

And I want an outdoor wedding, so we can't really do it in April because we may have a bad weather, but at the same time if it is July it is going to be way too hot!

Arghhhhhh!!!!! :wacko::wacko::angry::unsure::bonk:

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ughh yeah Cecile I feel ya....how's this for ya though Gareth will HOPEFULLY be able to fly here weekend of Oct 24th and then we have wedding and honeymoon Nov 18th -21st then our reception party on Nov 22nd. That gives me a one month notice of sending invites to people! He won't let me send invites until he arrives! He is too scared of jinxing dates etc...so yeah we have the invites and will print them off the weekend he gets here and send out but we will basically have to give caterer a guesstimate on how many people will come! YIKES! I will prob tell them to make more food that way we are safe and people can have seconds if they want and we can bring home etc too....

But yeah we have so many things to do from the moment he gets here so that month is going to be HECTIC!!!! Will all be so worth it though!!!

Everything will work out for ya lady!!! I wouldn't think July would be too hot there? It doesn't get that hot here really until August and even August days are hit or miss haha.

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline

Maybe you should contact people before you send the official invitations, telling them that the wedding will probably be that day, so they will have more notice, and then you send the invites to confirm that date.

Bryan says that July is almost as hot as August here (and it was over 90 degrees almost everyday during August this year) so yeah it's kind of hot to have an outdoor wedding, with big gown, tuxedo and everything.

And the date we had in mind for July doesn't work because that will be right in the middle of my period... (yeah I wrote all the dates on the calendar to see when we can't get married :P that is if my cycles don't get messed up during the year)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

What does a "traditional" American wedding looks like? I mean, what is the sequence of events during a wedding in the USA?

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Congrats on getting dates Sunny and WaitForever, great news!

Meanwhile here in Seattle, I AM GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW! I will enjoy the day then focus on the next round of papes grrrrr on Monday. Hope everyone else is doing well!

K1 TIMELINE:

01-24-2008 = Sent I-129F to CSC

01-29-2008 = NOA1 Issued

05-28-2008 = NOA2 (125 days after NOA1)

06-02-2008 = NOA2 Hardcopy received; NVC received petition

06-04-2008 = NVC sent package to Costa Rica

06-10-2008 = Embassy received

06-13-2008 = Picked up Packet 3

06-25-2008 = Interview (28 days after NOA2)

07-05-2008 = Home to the U.S. together!

09-20-2008 = Wedding!

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE:

10-15-2008 = Sent giant packet to Lockbox

10-22-2008 = NOA1's Issued

11-04-2008 = RFE on AOS only: need birth certificate, ORIGINAL was taken at interview. GRRR

11-24-2008 = Biometrics

12-22-2008 = Mailed RFE packet back

01-02-2009 = AOS processing resumed

01-16-2009 = Service Request filed for EAD (90 days with no news)

01-27-2009 = EAD and AP approved (102 days after NOA1's)

03-12-2009 = AOS Interview, APPROVED!

REMOVING CONDITIONS TIMELINE:

02-18-2011 = Sent packet to CSC

02-22-2011 = NOA1 Issued

03-21-2011 = Biometrics

04-26-2011 = APPROVED!

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 10 YEARS!!

Timeline

Congratulations!!! :)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Congratulations!!! :)

Cecile, if you message me your address I'll forward on to you a whole packet of stuff (vows, proceedings, etc.) that you can look through and basically craft the type of wedding you want - it has contemporary/non religious options also. Might be fun to look at. And thanks for the word on the sequence of events for me. I hope we don't run into any issues.

I leave tomorrow on my European excursion that will end with my returning to the US with Olga and her son. I am so excited about bringing her back I can barely concentrate on anything else. It will be amazing when the CIS agent says "Welcome to the US" - something I've been dreaming about for over a year. I think I've got everything tied down at this point, except the invitations. I am going to hand deliver them when I get back - that's what happens when a man plans a wedding. :yes:

Sunny, Congratulations on getting that interview time - Gareth will do fine. This waiting thing is almost over for you, I'm so happy for you both. :dance:

Court - Congratulations on the Wedding!!!!!! Victory at last :thumbs:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Timeline
Everything will work out for ya lady!!! I wouldn't think July would be too hot there? It doesn't get that hot here really until August and even August days are hit or miss haha.

You can always tell a Michigander - they don't appreciate St. Louis weather :P . July is brutal, only surpassed by August. Very hot and humid, so if you plan to have your hair "up" or curled or whatever, I recommend you shoot towards May or first half of June.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Timeline

Well I'm off in a few hours to go to London, Prague and Kiev. When I return I will have Olga and her son with me. I am so excited I think I'll be a blur for the board meetings , so I hope they don't expect me to be very intelligent. Wish me luck and I'll write when we are all safely back home. :dance:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Timeline

Have a good trip Blake! I am very happy for you and Olga :)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.