BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Guys, thought i'd gatecrash the party once again with a question - I know you all love it.....or something :lol:

After waiting 3+ months to get any kind of positive information from the NVC we finally received confirmation that the case had been processed and were given an LND number (Good times). A few day's later on the 28th August we had a hardcopy letter arrive that informed us that the case would be sent on to the consulate - no date was mentioned as to when this would be.

3 weeks on and i've yet to hear anything - should I be attempting to call the NVC or even drop the Embassy a line or is there no real need for the alarm bells to go off yet?

I know there is a way to track the LND numbers but not entirely sure how to do it - if anyone out there is in the know it would be much appreciated.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys, thought i'd gatecrash the party once again with a question - I know you all love it.....or something :lol:

After waiting 3+ months to get any kind of positive information from the NVC we finally received confirmation that the case had been processed and were given an LND number (Good times). A few day's later on the 28th August we had a hardcopy letter arrive that informed us that the case would be sent on to the consulate - no date was mentioned as to when this would be.

3 weeks on and i've yet to hear anything - should I be attempting to call the NVC or even drop the Embassy a line or is there no real need for the alarm bells to go off yet?

I know there is a way to track the LND numbers but not entirely sure how to do it - if anyone out there is in the know it would be much appreciated.

I think you can should the NVC first to check it out if they already send it to the embassy. If they did, you can ask them the date when they send it to the embassy, it should arrive there usually 1 to 2 days after that date, if there are a couple of days since then and now (or more), then you can easily call the embassy to check if they received the package :)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all :) Well Levi and I are home now! It was an emotional weekend with all the goodbyes but we had a safe trip and got home last night. No troubles at the border at all.

January 19, 2008 sent I129f to CSC

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

June 9, 2008 NVC received

June 10, 2008 mailed to Vancouver!!!

June 24, 2008 Packet 3 received!!!

July 3, 2008 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver

July 11, 2008 Medical

July 15, 2008 Packet 4 received(interview notice)

August 27, 2008 1pm INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!!

September 14, 2008 POE Pembina, North Dakota YAY!!!!

November 1, 2008 Wedding!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

January 10, 2009 AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago lockbox

January 12, 2009 Received

January 22, 2009 NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

January 30, 2009 AOS transfered to CSC

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 Biometrics

March 17, 2009 EAD card production ordered

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

March 18, 2009 AP received

March 25, 2009 EAD received (good for one year)

April 21, 2009 Email stating AOS approved!!!!!!

April 25, 2009 Card received

Hello all :) Well Levi and I are home now! It was an emotional weekend with all the goodbyes but we had a safe trip and got home last night. No troubles at the border at all.

Good to hear Heather, welcome back and welcome home to Levi :D

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good to hear Heather, welcome back and welcome home to Levi :D

Thanks! Its so good to finally have him home!

January 19, 2008 sent I129f to CSC

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

June 9, 2008 NVC received

June 10, 2008 mailed to Vancouver!!!

June 24, 2008 Packet 3 received!!!

July 3, 2008 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver

July 11, 2008 Medical

July 15, 2008 Packet 4 received(interview notice)

August 27, 2008 1pm INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!!

September 14, 2008 POE Pembina, North Dakota YAY!!!!

November 1, 2008 Wedding!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

January 10, 2009 AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago lockbox

January 12, 2009 Received

January 22, 2009 NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

January 30, 2009 AOS transfered to CSC

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 Biometrics

March 17, 2009 EAD card production ordered

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

March 18, 2009 AP received

March 25, 2009 EAD received (good for one year)

April 21, 2009 Email stating AOS approved!!!!!!

April 25, 2009 Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I get home just literally a few hours after my post and a letter had arrived earlier on that day from the Embassy telling me what needs to be done in regards to arranging medicals etc.

How odd - maybe I just had a psychic moment or something. Thanks for replying though, JeroenAndMichelle.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hooray Levi and Heather! Congrats!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

So I get home just literally a few hours after my post and a letter had arrived earlier on that day from the Embassy telling me what needs to be done in regards to arranging medicals etc.

How odd - maybe I just had a psychic moment or something. Thanks for replying though, JeroenAndMichelle.

lol thats like how things went with me.. everytime when I started to stress,things cleared up automatically haha.. like one time I thought the postal service would have lost my reply to package 3 (since it was sent thru registered mail and it showed as it was never delivered on their site), I started to call and stress out, I get home and find a brown envelope containing package 4 haha =)

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Welcome home you two, Congratulations :thumbs:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Been away from the group for a while. While I don't begrudge all of your happinesses, its depressing for us to read sometimes.

It's been great that most people who filed in January are getting their interviews, but there are still a few of us stragglers who were fated with the slowest center and now the slowest consulate. To make matters worse, they sped up like crazy through the summer, sending interview letters out in 20-35 days. We are at 60+ days and counting. They seem to have ground to a complete halt. Actually, there are a number of us waiting at Montreal for all kinds of interviews, and they are trickling out extremely slowly, if at all. Some people are getting letters now for IR/CR-1 interviews LATE October. It's almost like they have decided to stop doing K1 interviews as of August 2008. There have been none in September, and considering its already middle of September, and none of us have seen any appointment letters for October yet, we are wondering if they have decided to close down the processing of K1s through Montreal or something, kind of like what they did with TSC etc. So we are incredibly frustrated and have no idea what is going on over there.

So to those of you who said that the NOA2 approval was the longest stretch, and after the NOA2 things would be really fast, you were lucky enough to not have to go through the Montreal consulate. For us it was 130 days from NOA1 to NOA2, and as of today we are at 102 days from NOA2, and I doubt that we will have an interview within the next 30 days. So for us, our second half may turn out to be longer than our first half.

Sorry to vent but its depressing. I saw that there are others out there as well in the same boat.

2008-01-30 - I-129F Sent

2008-02-05 - I-129F NOA1

2008-06-06 - I-129F NOA2

2008-06-10 - NVC Recd

2008-07-02 - Packet 3 Recd

2008-07-23 - Packet 3 Sent

2008-08-11 - Medical

2008-09-18 - Packet 4 Recd

2008-10-14 - Interview - APPROVED!

2008-11-05 - US Entry - I fly to Toronto 11/5, we drive back to California and get here 11/9

2008-11-18 - Civil Ceremony San Francisco MARRIAGE CERT and CEREMONY BOOKED

Timeline
Been away from the group for a while. While I don't begrudge all of your happinesses, its depressing for us to read sometimes.

It's been great that most people who filed in January are getting their interviews, but there are still a few of us stragglers who were fated with the slowest center and now the slowest consulate. To make matters worse, they sped up like crazy through the summer, sending interview letters out in 20-35 days. We are at 60+ days and counting. They seem to have ground to a complete halt. Actually, there are a number of us waiting at Montreal for all kinds of interviews, and they are trickling out extremely slowly, if at all. Some people are getting letters now for IR/CR-1 interviews LATE October. It's almost like they have decided to stop doing K1 interviews as of August 2008. There have been none in September, and considering its already middle of September, and none of us have seen any appointment letters for October yet, we are wondering if they have decided to close down the processing of K1s through Montreal or something, kind of like what they did with TSC etc. So we are incredibly frustrated and have no idea what is going on over there.

So to those of you who said that the NOA2 approval was the longest stretch, and after the NOA2 things would be really fast, you were lucky enough to not have to go through the Montreal consulate. For us it was 130 days from NOA1 to NOA2, and as of today we are at 102 days from NOA2, and I doubt that we will have an interview within the next 30 days. So for us, our second half may turn out to be longer than our first half.

Sorry to vent but its depressing. I saw that there are others out there as well in the same boat.

I'm really sorry that this is happening to you. Honestly I really don't understand why the Montreal consulate is so messed up. It just doesn't seem right. I'm actually shocked with what you've had to go through. Vent as much as you want, no one will begrudge you the right. Again, I'm sorry.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Aww I feel for ya as we are still awaiting an interview too and we are January filers as well!!! Good luck to us!!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

WaitForever, I remember a few months ago while we were all waiting for our NOA2, I read some threads in the Canadian subforum, and everybody was waiting for an interview date. I thought that the embassy really sucked, that they should not make people wait that long. Even though we are kind of used to waiting with this process, every additional waiting time makes us suffer a little more. I am really sorry this is happening to you. As Blake said, if you need to vent, don't hesitate, this thread is here for that purpose. Stay strong, even though it takes some time, it WILL happen soon.

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL. Is there such a thing as Murphy's Law in reverse? Here I was just about to post another post thanking you all for your support and talking about how frustrated we felt and BOOM - Mary checked the mail and there it was. Interview is set for October 14th. YeeeHAH!

So thank you all for your support - we can finally see ourselves moving forward!!!!

2008-01-30 - I-129F Sent

2008-02-05 - I-129F NOA1

2008-06-06 - I-129F NOA2

2008-06-10 - NVC Recd

2008-07-02 - Packet 3 Recd

2008-07-23 - Packet 3 Sent

2008-08-11 - Medical

2008-09-18 - Packet 4 Recd

2008-10-14 - Interview - APPROVED!

2008-11-05 - US Entry - I fly to Toronto 11/5, we drive back to California and get here 11/9

2008-11-18 - Civil Ceremony San Francisco MARRIAGE CERT and CEREMONY BOOKED

Timeline
WaitForever, I remember a few months ago while we were all waiting for our NOA2, I read some threads in the Canadian subforum, and everybody was waiting for an interview date. I thought that the embassy really sucked, that they should not make people wait that long. Even though we are kind of used to waiting with this process, every additional waiting time makes us suffer a little more. I am really sorry this is happening to you. As Blake said, if you need to vent, don't hesitate, this thread is here for that purpose. Stay strong, even though it takes some time, it WILL happen soon.

How's married life treating you so far Cecile? I haven't seen you here too much and that's a good sign. Have you done your AOS filing yet? I printed out all the forms last night, GAWD, I can't believe that I'm going right back to the CIS hopper again. At least this time I can get Olga's help on it.

So let me get this straight..... Marriage License.....Marriage with her changing last name.....social security card with her new last name. I can do this right?

LOL. Is there such a thing as Murphy's Law in reverse? Here I was just about to post another post thanking you all for your support and talking about how frustrated we felt and BOOM - Mary checked the mail and there it was. Interview is set for October 14th. YeeeHAH!

So thank you all for your support - we can finally see ourselves moving forward!!!!

HAHA That's the second time this exact thing has happened in the last few days. The Gods are just playing with us, I guess.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.