BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hi everybody!!

How is everybody? Our thread was so so far away....

I was wondering how was Sunny, and if you got touched again or not? :whistle:

and how is everybody else?

For me I have 3 more days of work left!!! :dance: then I have several days free....that I will spend with my family, and after I will be flying so I can be with my sweetheart! :luv:

I don't realise yet that I will be with him so soon...

Well, I hope everybody is well, and enjoying the summer. B)

HA you know I would have posted if we had been touched again haha..... so yeah no I haven't been touched again sadly...keep hoping and praying something just pops up in my mailbox as a nice surprise....

I do however get my engagement ring back today as had it appraised to make sure we didn't get ripped off and then had to get it sized smaller too so I don't lose it! So I am thrilled to go pick that up!

Hope everyone else is having a good Monday!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
She said CSC was concerned about their age difference...there are 10 years between Dennis and me, I'm 27 and he's 37. I hope that doesn't cause problems.

Is this really true that they would question your relationship based on age? Im personally not concerned because my fiance is 27 and Im 29. Although I suppose it is a legitimate concern if the age gap is too much.

Filed: Timeline

I wouldn't worry about your age difference, baxxy. Not every couple is going to be the same age, with less than a year's difference. I think the only reason why USCIS would be concerned about an age gap would be if you had a significant difference. For example: If you were 27 and your fiancee were 70, or something like that.

The only doom that's looming is you loving me to death,

So I'll give you a sec to catch your breath.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I wouldn't worry about your age difference, baxxy. Not every couple is going to be the same age, with less than a year's difference. I think the only reason why USCIS would be concerned about an age gap would be if you had a significant difference. For example: If you were 27 and your fiancee were 70, or something like that.

LOL, no im worried with only a 2 yr gap, but I can see why maybe if there were 10 or more yrs why it would raise a suspicion.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Yep! I agree with Lazulineiris. I would not be too concern about the age difference in a couple. It is not something they would look right away to decide if you can be approved or not......except if the case is suspicious, and that the couple in case would have a huge age difference.

Sunny, sorry for asking.It is true that you would have told us if it was the case... :blush:

At least I am really happy that you will be able to have your engagment ring!!! You must be so excited!! Finnally, you won't have to explain why you're engaged, but do not have a ring yet! :)

Cécile, to be able to finally see and live with your fiancé is so awesome, but to have your birthday with him as well is terrific!!! :D

You're leaving so soon!!!!! Enjoy your time left in France, and have a nice trip! :thumbs:

CONGRATS PAM and have a safe trip soon!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Cecile, enjoy those remaining few days with your friends and family to the fullest.. and have a happy reunion soonest. YAY! must be really exciting!!! :thumbs:

Sunny, I am with you in hoping and prayng that the hardcopy will just pop in your mail box anytime soon. (F)

Baxxy, nothing to worry about age gap as long as you can prove that your relationship is genuine then there is nothing to be afraid of. Me and my fiance have a 15yr gap between us but I think the consul saw that my eyes were almost heart shaped while talking about my big bear and our pictures together just spoke volumes so the consul had no choice but to approve us. I am sure you will do great, just bring lots of ammo on your interview: all the proof of relationship that you can posibly bring. They may not ask to see everything but it is always good to be over prepared than under prepared. Good luck girl. :thumbs:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

This forum is funny sometimes.. how people go about baxxy being concerned about the age difference while she clearly says she's not concerned at all hehe..

Im personally not concerned

As far as I could read, she only wanted to know if it happened to others when they had an age difference of ten years or something lol :lol: :lol:

@Steph, Pam is right about the engagement ring.. it must be great to have one... I'm kinda jealous coz my fiancee doesn't have one haha

@Cecile, have a safe trip!!

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Timeline

Andddddd we got an RFE.....OY VEY hahahaha! I am just giddy our case is being fondled though let me tell you! Gareth assured me this is a GOOD thing and hopefully we will finally get our approval now once we get this sorted!!!! I am just beyond irritated they waited 193 days to give us one of these! LOL.....can I call right today then to find out what it was you think that is needed?

Thanks again for all your continued support!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Argh! How frustrating! But you're right - it is a much better sign than just another touch - and don't they have to respond to RFEs within 60 days?

Good Tuesday afternoon, everyone. :) I'm sooo sleep deprived!

There are some huge age gaps between couples on these forums that have been of no problem. I should think that a big age gap is really only a concern when tied in with several other factors.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Andddddd we got an RFE.....OY VEY hahahaha! I am just giddy our case is being fondled though let me tell you! Gareth assured me this is a GOOD thing and hopefully we will finally get our approval now once we get this sorted!!!! I am just beyond irritated they waited 193 days to give us one of these! LOL.....can I call right today then to find out what it was you think that is needed?

Sunny, great to hear that you've finally got some action, but sorry it's not the NOA2! Just wanted to let you know what Valerie and I put in our file when we submitted it. A lot of the things that people say can wait until the interview, we put in from the beginning. These include: flight itineraries, hotel receipts, photos from all of our trips and letter of intent. I must admit, I've thought at times it was kind of a pain and a little #######, but everything seemed to fly for us. Typically, from what I've read, that's what the RFE's are...more proof of the relationship. i.e. that you've seen each other within the past 2 years. Also, old emails or cell phone bills will help too. Send them in and make copies for the interview as well. Good luck!

Valerie and Justin

Met in Vegas- 4/29/06

Engaged- 1/11/08

Married- 10/3/2008

AOS/EAD/SSN Process

Sent I-485 and I-765- 10/20/08

I-485 and I-765 Delivered in Chicago- 10/22/08

Registered for SSN- 10/23/08

Check Cashed- 10/28/08

Received REJECTION NOTICE for EAD I-765 (Outdated Version of Form)- 10/29/08

Received I-485 NOA 1- 10/30/2008

I-485 NOA 1- 10/27/2008

Sent I-765 AGAIN with updated form- 10/30/2008

NEW I-765 Delivered in Chicago- 11/1/2008

Received Biometrics Notification for AOS- 11/3/2008

AOS Biometrics Appointment- 11/18/2008

Received I-765 NOA 1- 11/13/2008

I-765 NOA 1- 11/7/2008

Received RFE for I-485- 11/14/2008

Sent requested form from RFE- 11/17/2008

Received Biometrics Notification for EAD- 11/17/2008

AOS & EAD Touched by USCIS- 11/18/2008

AOS & EAD Biometrics Completed- 11/18/2008

RFE Delivered in Lee's Summitt- 11/19/2008

Received notification that SSN was approved- 12/7/2008 (Should receive card in two weeks)

Received SSN Card- 12/13/2008

Received AOS Interview Date- 1/2/2009

AOS Interview Date- 2/24/2009

Received notification that I-765 EAD Card was sent for production- 1/12/2009

EAD RECEIVED!!!- 1/23/2009

AOS APPROVED!!! GREEN CARD IS ON THE WAY!!!- 2/24/2009

Received "Welcome to the United States" Letter- 2/28/2009

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!!- 3/9/2009

Timeline

Still better than nothing I guess ;) As Rachel says, your approval shouldn't take too long after the RFE.

I think I read somewhere that some people tried to call but never got any information about the RFE because the people on the phone don't have access to this kind of information. But it would probably not hurt to try.

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

Yup called and no go hahaha...Oh well I tried :)

Justin I did send in both of our letters of intent, pictures, my passport stating I was in the UK along with application.....but yeah if it is more proof of relationship they need we have plenty of stuff we can send haha!

I am just hoping it is not some special copy of something they need since those are usually something that take a bit to get at times! I made sure I sent expensive notarized copy of divorce decree and birth certificates though so honestly no idea what it could be unless I forgot to sign something!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Justin did you guys get packet 3 yet?

January 19, 2008 sent I129f to CSC

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

June 9, 2008 NVC received

June 10, 2008 mailed to Vancouver!!!

June 24, 2008 Packet 3 received!!!

July 3, 2008 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver

July 11, 2008 Medical

July 15, 2008 Packet 4 received(interview notice)

August 27, 2008 1pm INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!!

September 14, 2008 POE Pembina, North Dakota YAY!!!!

November 1, 2008 Wedding!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

January 10, 2009 AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago lockbox

January 12, 2009 Received

January 22, 2009 NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

January 30, 2009 AOS transfered to CSC

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 Biometrics

March 17, 2009 EAD card production ordered

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

March 18, 2009 AP received

March 25, 2009 EAD received (good for one year)

April 21, 2009 Email stating AOS approved!!!!!!

April 25, 2009 Card received

Timeline

I am also happy to see that you got finally some "action" going on for your case!

It is not an approval, but yes, after you submitted the papers needed, it should not take too long before you get approved. ;)

Best of luck to you Sunny,and I am hoping it won't be one of those papers who will take too long to get... (F)

Timeline

Thanks Don!

Ok yeah can we do an update here who all has their packet 3's currently? Who has interviews coming up? Who has wedding dates set? Etc....We really need to think about branching out somewhere that we can keep up with all this easier haha!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.