BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Well good news and bad news...I got message from CRIS....so good news is our case is being worked on..BAD news is they are saying we are held up in security checks :( Ok neither of us have any record of any kind! The only thing we could think would be holding us up is the fact I was married to a military guy so I lived in Michigan,Utah, Okinawa Japan, and England over the past 10 years. That and the fact Gareth got turned away at customs in December (because they thought he was going to try and come and stay on a 6 month visa instead of going back at the end of it).

Soooo what do you all think? We are pretty dang down about all this as it says it could be another 180 days and also Gareth read an attachment (I cannot read it until I get home from work) saying something how people can be stuck for years in this!!!! UMMMMM #######?!?!?!?

Anyone have positive words of wisdom for me? PLEASE

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Well good news and bad news...I got message from CRIS....so good news is our case is being worked on..BAD news is they are saying we are held up in security checks :( Ok neither of us have any record of any kind! The only thing we could think would be holding us up is the fact I was married to a military guy so I lived in Michigan,Utah, Okinawa Japan, and England over the past 10 years. That and the fact Gareth got turned away at customs in December (because they thought he was going to try and come and stay on a 6 month visa instead of going back at the end of it).

Soooo what do you all think? We are pretty dang down about all this as it says it could be another 180 days and also Gareth read an attachment (I cannot read it until I get home from work) saying something how people can be stuck for years in this!!!! UMMMMM #######?!?!?!?

First of All.....Keep Breathing.

Now that we have the essential part taken care of, I've seen instances where security checks have taken a few weeks to months. The good news is that he is from England and does not originate from a country with a lot of conflict or anti-american activity so I don't think that this should take very long. Probably what's driving this is that he was turned away at customs in December. I'm so sorry Sunnybear, I know how much you miss Gareth and want him by your side. It's a lot to ask, but try to be a patient as you can, have a strongbow from time to time, and keep smiling. My prayers are with you.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Timeline
Any word from Olga yet Blake?

I understand how it feels to not be able to share the good news for awhile. IT DRIVES YOU CRAZY!!! I was always comforted in knowing that at least the process is still moving forward, and like you said, by the time she returns home, the papers will probably be at the embassy already!

Grrrrrrrrrr!! :angry:

I checked the weather where she is and it was raining today and is expected to rain all weekend. So I'm not surprised that I didn't hear from her today and this means it will probably be Monday if the weather clears by then......Honestly this kinda sucks eggs. Great frigg'n time to go on vacation. :whistle: I'll just have to celebrate solo till then. :blink::P

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Timeline

Thank you Blake...I am so scared how long this is all going to take now :( Gareth told me to try and just forget about the whole process and take things day to day and just focus on us having long distance relationship and try to get the most out of it as we can ..... guess I shall have to make a new video to send Gareth this weekend ;) hahaha.....

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Timeline
Thank you Blake...I am so scared how long this is all going to take now :( Gareth told me to try and just forget about the whole process and take things day to day and just focus on us having long distance relationship and try to get the most out of it as we can ..... guess I shall have to make a new video to send Gareth this weekend ;) hahaha.....

You are right, this is a scary process at times - but we all would never have made it this far without a tremendous amount of faith in the one's we love (and they in us as well). At this point everything is out of your hands so don't worry about what you can't control, and just worry about whether the lighting for your video tape is appropriately flatering... :devil:

It's all going to be OK, keep the faith. :thumbs:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Just a little update; My fiance just called the NVC and seems she had a much nicer person on the phone this time.. they told her that they received the petition yesterday and should be mailed out sometime next week, she'll call back to see if they already send it on wednesday or something probably.. I am happy she had a nicer person this time, she was almost too afraid to call again lol

Edited by JeroenAndMichelle

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Now that we have the essential part taken care of, I've seen instances where security checks have taken a few weeks to months. The good news is that he is from England and does not originate from a country with a lot of conflict or anti-american activity so I don't think that this should take very long. Probably what's driving this is that he was turned away at customs in December. I'm so sorry Sunnybear, I know how much you miss Gareth and want him by your side. It's a lot to ask, but try to be a patient as you can, have a strongbow from time to time, and keep smiling. My prayers are with you.

Wow, didnt know we were on the next page already...

Anyways, stay strong in this sunnybear!! I am pretty sure Blake is right about these things.. fact is that England is pro USA and is actually seen as the 51st state by some so try not to worry too much.

My thoughts are with you and I hope you will have a quick approval as well.

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Timeline

Bought a 6 pack for tonight! ;) Gosh I am trying to be chipper really I am but so hard not to be completely bummed....seeing the words "it could take years" is a bit hard to swallow!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Timeline
[

Anyways, stay strong in this sunnybear!! I am pretty sure Blake is right about these things.. fact is that England is pro USA and is actually seen as the 51st state by some so try not to worry too much.

Really? I thought Canada was that one......., oh yeah that's a suburb.....

OK get out your flamethrowers, I'm ready :lol:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

[

Really? I thought Canada was that one......., oh yeah that's a suburb.....

OK get out your flamethrowers, I'm ready :lol:

Cantucky you mean? :lol:

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hang in there sunny! it won't take years, they probably write the same sentence for everyone in security check. it may be delayed by a few weeks, but they will go through at some point. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Sunny, I agree with Blake...

and just worry about whether the lighting for your video tape is appropriately flatering...

...oh and about everything else he said too! ;) Hopefully you'll move through it very quickly and be on with the process in no time!

Blake, I can't believe she still doesn't know. :o You must be so anxious to share it with her!

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I am so so sorry sunny! I know how frustrating it must be!! :(

Like Gareth told you, I would try to focus on something different.

When I was feeling down some months ago, I tried to be as busy as I could, to go out,to go see some friends. My fiancé was also used to tell me to do not focus on something you don't have any controls on.

Easy for me to say, but it is what I did, and it did work well for me.

I don't believe in God, but I have you in my thoughts as well... wish you the best of luck into that process! :star:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sunny, I'm curious if the USCIS website showed an update after you phone call, or is that broken like the rest of the system. Just hang tough,we all know how stressful this process is, well at least us Cali filers do :)

usflag1ex1wu2.gifphflag1cu8ef4.gif

dsc004701cw2.th.jpg

Bought a 6 pack for tonight! ;) Gosh I am trying to be chipper really I am but so hard not to be completely bummed....seeing the words "it could take years" is a bit hard to swallow!!!

Cool. Drink your 6 pack, then get out and away from the computer. Focus on an activity away from the relationship so that you don't think about this setback too much. What helps me is that I am active in my 4WD club both in the San Diego area as well as in Tijuana, Mexico. Tomorrow is a big event, and I'm producing the event video. This is helping speed things up. Since I can't speak to Onelis at the moment (because her barrio's phone system doesn't work), I am out, not stressing over her cities poor infrastructure - stuff I cannot do anything about.

Go out and rent a DVD or buy a CD, hang out with your friends, but also feel free to vent when you need to...

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.