BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
The friend is away for six weeks over the summer and would prefer if someone could house-sit for her. So I'm thinking the best solution would be for me to rent off friend, for cheaper (the room is smaller), sell/move my belongings, and clear the room in this house so boyfriend has somewhere to store his stuff. Hopefully a win-win situation all round!

Good news on the Cabana, certainly.

I think it's a great idea moving. First of all it would clear up a situation that will probably only prove more irritating as time goes on. Secondly, moving will force you to make the first "cut" of items you will not need nor bring with you to the US. It'll be nice to be able to make these decisions without the pressure of a departure date staring you in the face. I'm happy to see things falling into place.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ex-wife and I did it on the cheap back in '01. We married in Palm Springs, CA at the Moorten Botanical Garden for $300 on Palm Canyon Drive. Everything included (chairs, sun shade for guests, and free tour for guests to see cactii and Cactarium). We drove down the street to Palace of India restaurant and paid out $480 for 32 guests to dine for 3 hours. We were able to choose all of the great food in the buffet section, and the restaurant was happy that we wanted to hold our reception in their restaurant. 1 night in the Mission Inn in Riverside, CA for dirt cheap (in the Amistad room!!), and the next night everyone piled in my pickup and we drove to Tijuana where we partied like rock stars. Another cheap night out. The next morning everyone went with us to Disneyland. Then, we drove out the next day to Las Vegas to party/unwind. Great memories, but 1 year later, everything went downhill like a sinking (stinking?) ship. :whistle:

I'm looking at packages in Las Vegas at the moment... :dance:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Thanks Blake - my thoughts are the same as yours. :) I'm also hoping it'll kick me into gear! Aah, I looked at my books and I'm going to have to be quite firm with myself - there are many I'd prefer not to get rid of, but which at the same time I probably won't want to read again.

Ken - that sounds like it was pretty awesome! Those prices are amazing, especially for the food! I bet the guests had a fabulous time, too. Sorry to hear the marriage wasn't quite as awesome.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

This past Friday, I received a Notice of Action 2 that my Petition was APPROVED and will be sent to the National Visa Center in New Hampsire where it will be forwarded in 2 to 4 weeks to Bogota, Colombia. So, by the end of June, this paperwork will arrive in Bogota, and approximately 70 days later, I'll hear something from the consulate there. THEY DIDN'T FORGET US!!! :dance:

Congratulations :D

Muchas Gracias!! :dance::dance:

File # and Case # just now came in the mail. Can't wait to celebrate in Baja once the greencards arrive in the mail! :dance::dance:

Me with my 4WD Club in San Diego, CA getting ready to take our 4WD vehicles into Baja, MEX!

DSC05969.JPG

I'm taking my Onelis to this spot in Baja once we get approved to cross the border. WOOHOO!

DSC06006.JPG

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

I do occasionally miss the sea!

Congratulations, Ken! Sorry I didn't say so before - I must've missed it. Good luck with the next stages!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Wow Ken, :thumbs: for those prices.... will you be doing the same thing in your upcoming wedding with Onelis or planning to do it differently? CONGRATS again for the NOA2.

Blake, it seems you have everything mapped out. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Now that you have been approved, have you have a set a wedding date already?

Rachel, I am with you on the books.. the quote given to me by our local post office is $450-$500. I know that will probably be less than the prices in your place but for me that is still a staggering amount... i will just bring a few with me, those that i will really need then ask my sister to include a few when they send me christmas present then birthday next year and then some on another christmas and so on. They can even send me my own books as my own present. :yes:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Ken - that sounds like it was pretty awesome! Those prices are amazing, especially for the food! I bet the guests had a fabulous time, too. Sorry to hear the marriage wasn't quite as awesome.

We had a wonderful time, and the guests said this was their favorite wedding ever. Suzanne made all of the flowers by traveling into Downtown L.A. to the flower Market to buy all of the materials, and she made the corsages and bouquets herself. Everything was 1st rate, an inexpensive because we cut out so many "middle-men."

Always remember, when you call somewhere and say the word, "Wedding" the price multiplies.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Always remember, when you call somewhere and say the word, "Wedding" the price multiplies.

AGREE!!! it holds true even when you go to dress maker/designers here in our country. For some reason, the wedding gown is a tad more expensive than the evening gown even if they will have the same cut.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
My whole idea is not to stage a broadway production, just to keep it simple, elegant, and intimate. As the groom I understand that this is for her (most guys honestly would be happy showing up at the justice of the peace or eloping)

Simple, elegant and intimate, Blake, this sounds just perfect. Bryan is actually the one who said we HAD to have a ceremony and not just do it fast at the courthouse with a few friends. And he wants a wedding that doesn't look cheap. I didn't know what I wanted at first (knowing that most of my family wouldn't be there anyway, why would I plan something big?)

There is a thread on the Canada forum where they show their wedding pictures, and some were saying "I can't believe that at first I only wanted to do it fast at the courthouse! This wedding has been the best day of my life!". And to see all these pictures made me realize that he is right, we need to have that wonderful wedding next year, even though it will be relatively small, that will still be better than the courthouse. That is the wedding we will remember our entire life.

Jeroen, even though that dress doesn't look like a wedding gown, it is just beautiful! And wearing that Hawaii style shirt will complement it very well.

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline
The friend is away for six weeks over the summer and would prefer if someone could house-sit for her. So I'm thinking the best solution would be for me to rent off friend, for cheaper (the room is smaller), sell/move my belongings, and clear the room in this house so boyfriend has somewhere to store his stuff. Hopefully a win-win situation all round!

Congrats for the Cabana!

And moving out now sounds like the best solution, everyone would be winning.

My ex-wife and I did it on the cheap back in '01. We married in Palm Springs, CA at the Moorten Botanical Garden for $300 on Palm Canyon Drive. Everything included (chairs, sun shade for guests, and free tour for guests to see cactii and Cactarium). We drove down the street to Palace of India restaurant and paid out $480 for 32 guests to dine for 3 hours. We were able to choose all of the great food in the buffet section, and the restaurant was happy that we wanted to hold our reception in their restaurant. 1 night in the Mission Inn in Riverside, CA for dirt cheap (in the Amistad room!!), and the next night everyone piled in my pickup and we drove to Tijuana where we partied like rock stars. Another cheap night out. The next morning everyone went with us to Disneyland. Then, we drove out the next day to Las Vegas to party/unwind. Great memories, but 1 year later, everything went downhill like a sinking (stinking?) ship. :whistle:

Ahah it's like a 3 days long wedding! that must have been tiring!

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Jeroen, even though that dress doesn't look like a wedding gown, it is just beautiful! And wearing that Hawaii style shirt will complement it very well.

Thanks :) And yeah, it's a bit why we choose for that option (well basically it was my fiance's idea in the first place hehe), its not expensive and looks very nice, especially for the area where we're marrying :)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

CONGRATS to a 1/31 filer that got approval! Come on CSC get the rest of us January people PUHLEASEEEEE

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline

I just received packet 3! :dance:

and I agree with you Rachel, they certainly don't look very professional. They even crossed out I-864 and manually wrote I-134.

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Thanks :) And yeah, it's a bit why we choose for that option (well basically it was my fiance's idea in the first place hehe), its not expensive and looks very nice, especially for the area where we're marrying :)

Michelle is very sensible! Lovely dress, cheap price, and entirely suited to the occasion. Now I have our location, I think my dress will be similar - I wouldn't want to wear anything too big or flouncy.

CONGRATS to a 1/31 filer that got approval! Come on CSC get the rest of us January people PUHLEASEEEEE

I agree! Dear CSC, please don't forget about sunny!

and I agree with you Rachel, they certainly don't look very professional. They even crossed out I-864 and manually wrote I-134.

:lol: Congratulations, though! I expect you'll return yours before I return mine...Alex says 'end of month'. Oh well, I couldn't afford to have the medical or interview this month anyway.

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline

:lol: Congratulations, though! I expect you'll return yours before I return mine...Alex says 'end of month'. Oh well, I couldn't afford to have the medical or interview this month anyway.

Thanks! I'd like to return it tomorrow morning. I have everything ready except the DS-156, DS-156K, DS-230, that I want to file today while at work (I don't have a printer at work so I have to print everything at work). But now that I took a look at the DS-230 that has to be sent back, I'm wondering if I have all the information to fill it out (example, list all the places where you lived: that's written on my G-325A but I don't think I have a copy here at work! I should have brought my big file here with me today :( )

And on the DS-2001, they ask to put the case number, but it isn't written anywhere on what they sent me :blink: should it be the USCIS case number? or the NVC one?

And also, they ask the address where I want to receive the appointment letter and I'm wondering if I should put my parents' address since I will probably be back over there at the middle of July, until I leave the country. so maybe that would be better...

Oh yeah and I also have to work this afternoon... Kinda forgot about that...

Edited by Cecile and Bryan

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.