abril1

Affidavit of support! I need help!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello!, my fiance ( USA citizen) and I (mexican) got approved, now we are waiting for the fiance's package. Our case has been received in Ciudad Juarez, I would like to know how much time it usually takes to arrive at my town?

I also want to know if the affidavit of support has to be sended to the USA inmigration center or I should take it with me to the interview. How can we know if we need a co-sponsor....?

the more information you can give me about the affidavit of support , the better!

Thanks in advance for your help!

My fiance isn't from Mexico, but I think I can answer your question about the I-134 affidavit of support form.

That form will be taken with you to the interview. Your fiance (the USC) has to fill it out and have it notartized and then send it to you.

Your fiance will need a co-sponsor if he makes less than [125% x poverty level for household size] which for 2008 can be found here http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/08poverty.shtml

(if i'm wrong about that part someone else can correct me, i'm just at the beginning of the whole process myself but all this is what i understand to be correct)

Sarahusaukflag.jpgRobbie

Our ROC Journey

Feb 23, 2011: ROC packet sent to VSC

Feb 24, 2011: Packet rec'd at VSC

Feb 25, 2011: NOA date

Mar 04, 2011: Rec'd NOA dated 2/25

Mar 18, 2011: Rec'd Biometrics Appt letter

Apr 08, 2011: Biometrics Appointment

Aug 26, 2011: Approval letter rec'd dated 8/22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Hello!, my fiance ( USA citizen) and I (mexican) got approved, now we are waiting for the fiance's package. Our case has been received in Ciudad Juarez, I would like to know how much time it usually takes to arrive at my town?

I also want to know if the affidavit of support has to be sended to the USA inmigration center or I should take it with me to the interview. How can we know if we need a co-sponsor....?

the more information you can give me about the affidavit of support , the better!

I cannot answer how long it will take to get to your town but hopefully i could help with the other questions.

* The affidavit must be completed by the petitioner (It's his ability to support you that they care about.)

* The affidavit should be taken to the interview. Do not send it anywhere.

* The affidavit must be notirized by a US Notary.

* You will need a co-sponsor if the petitioner does not have income or assets over the 125% poverty line. (Look up the poverty line)

* If your fiance (the petitioner) is mighty close to the 125% poverty line i would suggest getting a co-sponsor to cover your bases.

* Your fiance (the petitioner) needs to show as evidence 2 to 3 options from the following list for the affidavit:

- Employer letter (Must be on Company letterhead)

- Tax transcripts for last 3 years (you could get these free from IRS)

- Last 3 to 4 paystubs

- Statement from bank stating deposits made in last year and balance

*If your fiance (the petitioner) needs to get a co-sponsor he still needs to fill an affidavit with evidence along with another affidavit from co-sponsor along with his evidence (same as listed above.)

I hope this helps!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Each consulate has different procedures... Ciudad Juarez website has a wealth of information on it.... If you have not already you may want to familiarize.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwhiv...ml#fiancepacket

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

You do not send anything to Juarez, nothing. You BRING all the documents with you.....

1) two intent to marry papers (Mexican citizen does not sign before hand, he/she signs it in front of the consular officer)

2) copy of NOA 2

3) copy and original birth certificates for both the USC and Mexican citizen

4) proof of relationship (vacations, plane tickets, hotels receipts, and photos)

5) two 2x2 photos of the Mexican citizen (you can get these at the medical exam in Juarez)

6) Fill out the DS-156 and DS-156K and print off TWO copies, do not sign

7) Affidavit of support notarized at a U.S. bank. Basically if the sponsor makes less than 20,000 a year then you should get a co-sponsor.

8) pay a fee at Banamex (hundred and something dollars)

9) medical in Juarez (135 dollars)

10) In most cases the USC will receive packet 3 in the mail before the Mexican citizen. You can prepare all the documents ahead of time. All you need to do is e-mail/fax the packet 3 letter to the Mexican citizen and he/she can go to Juarez for the appointment anytime after.

Edited by thegreatgate

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Each consulate has different procedures... Ciudad Juarez website has a wealth of information on it.... If you have not already you may want to familiarize.

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwhiv...ml#fiancepacket

On the above referenced page, please look in particular the section on "Appointment Package for Immigrant Visa Applicants" which has instructions and information on the Affidavit of Support and the Poverty Guidlines. :)

-P

Edited by Paula&Minya
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Abril- you should take a look at some of the posts in The Foreign Embassy and Consulate General Discussion Forum and look under the "Juarez Consulate" thread- it's really helpful and specific to the consulate in Ciudad Juarez :)

At least it's helping me a lot :)

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.