mdc

NOA 2 In a month?¿?¿?¿?

49 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Ahhh I thought 7 days was a bit too much to hope for.

But I have seen lots of people being approved in under a month, from Europe and Canada......

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
The pipeline plug couldn't last forever. Sometimes it feels like it will, but it always 'unstuffs' itself eventually.

Is CSC picking up speed too?

CSC seems to be gaining a little momentum too, but not quite VSC's rate yet.

Since they've split the service centers, it'll be interesting to see if timelines between the two even out.

Personally, I think VSC will always be a bit faster. Supposedly it's a very different management style up there.

The pipeline plug couldn't last forever. Sometimes it feels like it will, but it always 'unstuffs' itself eventually.

Is CSC picking up speed too?

CSC seems to be gaining a little momentum too, but not quite VSC's rate yet.

Since they've split the service centers, it'll be interesting to see if timelines between the two even out.

Personally, I think VSC will always be a bit faster. Supposedly it's a very different management style up there.

Then I'm glad I was at VSC!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: Timeline

That's the impression I get too. They seem to be more streamlined. I've especially noticed this in service center -> NVC. Our petitions can sit at CSC for weeks before finally heading out to NVC, whereas VSC will kick them out sometimes the same day, but rarely longer than a couple days.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone.

We got the NOA1 at the end of january and yesterday, Feb 25 we got an email that says that the I-129f petition have been approve. Does that mean that we have the NOA 2 ALREADY?¿?¿?!! Just in a month? this is the copy of the email. thank for your help

Congratulations, i bet it's a great feeling.

Plus,for the rest of us waiting: there was an approval in 7 days in january and another one here in a month.

I know there are still august filers without any approval. I wonder how many of those simply didn't update their timelines

Good luck!

Where did you see the one in 7days?? I must have missed out on that one. Was it from Vermont as well?

Rosalinda & Randy 11/5/2007 11/9/2007 4

I'm sorry it's 4 days...and the funny thing that it was at the CSC...how ironical

Hi everyone.

We got the NOA1 at the end of january and yesterday, Feb 25 we got an email that says that the I-129f petition have been approve. Does that mean that we have the NOA 2 ALREADY?¿?¿?!! Just in a month? this is the copy of the email. thank for your help

Congratulations, i bet it's a great feeling.

Plus,for the rest of us waiting: there was an approval in 7 days in january and another one here in a month.

I know there are still august filers without any approval. I wonder how many of those simply didn't update their timelines

Good luck!

Where did you see the one in 7days?? I must have missed out on that one. Was it from Vermont as well?

Rosalinda & Randy 11/5/2007 11/9/2007 4

I'm sorry it's 4 days...and the funny thing that it was at the CSC...how ironical

oh...and it's november, not january :whistle:

WOW that was fast! Congratulations to Rosalinda & Randy! :thumbs:

I feel like :crying: we filed days before them & were still waiting! :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations! Thats really very fast.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Hi everyone.

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On February 25, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Whoa!!! Sounds unbelievable!!! I remember our time, took b100dy 6 months after the NOA1..

Congratulations on your approval :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Hi everyone.

On February 25, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

Sincerely,

Whoa!!! Sounds unbelievable!!! I remember our time, took b100dy 6 months after the NOA1..

Good luck on your interview this week!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Hi everyone.

Sincerely,

Good luck on your interview this week!!!

Thanks greeneyedgirlfl.... just counting the hours now :)

Alex & Barbara is a couple where the beneficiary is from Cuba, those are approved super fast...I'm not sure what the explanation is, but I think the latter process is lenthier because if I understand it correctly there is no specific us consular section in Cuba, so their post petition approval process is a bit different. I would not count Cuba as an indicator of things "speeding up". :)

-P

When I told my husband how quick they approve cases if the beneficiary is from Cuba, he said it is probably because Cuba doesn't really need to get a visa since they are always welcome to come in the US. I think it has something to do with US and Cuban governments... :whistle:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I think Asia or any other far distance countries will take longer. I mean look at my timeline and sig. Although i have been touched Feb. 17, 2008. I'm still waiting as of now. I hope to get my NOA2 early March :D.

Good luck and grats for those NOA2.

Go december filer~~

December Filer

K-1

12/12/07 - Sent I-129F packet out (express mail baby)

12/13/07 - VSC received packet I-129F (Now I'm waiting for my check to cash)

12/14/07 - VSC Check cashed

12/14/07 - NOA1

12/18/07 - Touched

02/17/08 - Touched OMG I got touched

04/02/08 - WOOT NOA2 ^^

04/03/08 - Touched

Can't recall everything that went on but...

About 07/11/08 - My wife first step on USA

We're at the process where we will have an interview for my wife 10 year visa. My wife already have her 2 years condition green card and her Social Security #.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.