Masha2008

Waiting for 7 months, not even assigned to an officer

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

:crying: Oh no. My fiance just called up and talked a pretty nice lady. She looked up our case and she said our case is still pending and not assigned to an officer. She said wait another 30days and then still no answer, they will put our file on top. Well, and there is no error and wait a little bit more. I have no idea why some many people who filed after us got approved and now we have been waiting for 7 months. He did RFE trick, well, nothing. NO RFE and NO ERROR. Just busy and wait a little bit more. I have no idea why it takes this long.

we filed on July 27th and got noa1 on August 7th. Ahhhh, insane. :help::help::help:

He got an appointment through infopass and talked to an immigration officer. and she looked at our case and she said do not worry so much, just wait a little bit more. But, still no update online.

See, this is what angers me!! :angry:

Here I am wishing and hoping for my NOA2 just because people who filed after me are getting approved left and right...and here you are, waiting 7 months...

I'm so so sorry :( I hope you hear something soon (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
:crying: Oh no. My fiance just called up and talked a pretty nice lady. She looked up our case and she said our case is still pending and not assigned to an officer. She said wait another 30days and then still no answer, they will put our file on top. Well, and there is no error and wait a little bit more. I have no idea why some many people who filed after us got approved and now we have been waiting for 7 months. He did RFE trick, well, nothing. NO RFE and NO ERROR. Just busy and wait a little bit more. I have no idea why it takes this long.

we filed on July 27th and got noa1 on August 7th. Ahhhh, insane. :help::help::help:

He got an appointment through infopass and talked to an immigration officer. and she looked at our case and she said do not worry so much, just wait a little bit more. But, still no update online.

:huh: must of got the same lady i did when i called she said still received and pending no change.................

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

talk to your congressman asap

06/12/07----sending The package to NSC

06/15/07---- Received at NSC

06/25/07---- TOUCHED

07/02/07---- TOUCHED and it conformed they received my Mail on 06/25/07 at CSC!

07/20/07---- TOUCHED and a lady said it still Pending..

08/06/07---- TOUCHED

08/29/07 OMG I am just keep TOUCHING... :lol:

09/26/07 TOUCHED CSC ... Nothing yet :(

09/28/07 sending a fax to congressman at 00:06 A.M.

10/31/07 JUST Called CSC TODAY, my Case Is under Officer reviewing... RIGHT ONNNNNN

11/05/07 RFE!!!! AFTER ABOUT 4 MONTH RFE? WHAT FOR? WHY SO LATE? #######

11/26/07 Approved WooHooo

11/30/07 NO2 hardcopy has been received yo yo

12/10/07 Transferred to NVC as of today 12/17/07. NVC telephone line is a hack of busy!

12/14/07 NV received the case

12/18/07 called and conformed the nvc case number and case have been send to ankara u.s. embassy

01/17/08 Received Appointment Letter Damn slow while they send it thro USPS

02/10/09 Approval Letter. ouiiiiii

02/20/09 Recived The Permanent Resident card

zadcvfp4_845f2cf68d.gif

See, this is what angers me!! :angry:

Here I am wishing and hoping for my NOA2 just because people who filed after me are getting approved left and right...and here you are, waiting 7 months...

I'm so so sorry :( I hope you hear something soon (F)

Dido that Laura! I feel so angry for people who have waited sooooo long, it is ridiculous that people are getting approved in less than 60 days now. It seems that people that applied first should be on the top of the pile, not the bottom. I pray that those waiting longer than 7 months hear something soon. Good grief!!

Jul 15/07 Engaged!

Oct ??/07 - Lawyer sent in I-129F

Nov 6/07 - NOA 1 Date

Jan 18/07 - Waiting anxiously

Feb 17/08 - A touch!

Feb 29/08 - NOA 2 - Approved!

Mar 02/08 - Touched

Mar 03/08 - Touched

Mar 10/08 - Petition arrived at NVC

Mar 12/08 - NVC forwarded Petition to Vancouver Consulate!

Mar 28/08 - Received packet 3

Apr 7/08 - Sent Packet 3

Apr 14/08 - Medical!!

May 13/08 - Interview date YAHOO!

GOT THE VISA!!!!! MAY 14, 2008

July 6/08 - Crossed the border - they let me in!!

July 12/08 - Wedding day - it was perfect!

July 23/08 - Back from Honeymoon in PR - now onto AOS?!?!?!

Sept 3/08 - AOS package in the mail - what a headache!

Sept 9/08 - 3 NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

Sept 30/08 - Biometrics appointment for AOS and EAD

Nov 13/08 - Touch on AOS and EAD

Nov 17/08 - AP shows up in the mail

Nov 17/08 - EAD card production ordered

Jun 25/09 - Green Card Production ordered - Finally after 10 months!

June 30/09 - Received welcome letter!

July 10/09 - GREENCARD! - All done for a bit now!

May 20/11 - Sent in I-751 for removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

That is very sad. I hope you hear something very soon... Good Luck :thumbs:, Masha!

AOS sent..................2009-11-02

Check cashed...........2009-11-09

Rcv'd NOAs...............2009-11-12

Rcv'd Bio appt...........2009-11-21 and 2009-11-23

Bio completed...........2009-12-08

Rcv'd interview .........2009-12-23

K-1/K-2 interview.......2010-01-26

AOS approved............2010-01-26.... First e-mail ever received about our case....2010-01-28

Rcv'd welcome letter...2010-01-30.... Second e-mail received ...........................2010-01-29

GC production letter....2010-02-01

Green Cards arrive.....2010-02-05

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ohhh, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope they hurry up and approve you soon!!!!

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm still waiting too since 7/13. I have contacted my congressman's office again (last week) and waiting for an answer. I at least would like an explanation as to why it's taking so long. It's just insane. And seeing December approvals now is just beyond words for me. I feel like canceling it and starting over. Seems as though we'd get it faster that way.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

I'm still waiting too since 7/13. I have contacted my congressman's office again (last week) and waiting for an answer. I at least would like an explanation as to why it's taking so long. It's just insane. And seeing December approvals now is just beyond words for me. I feel like canceling it and starting over. Seems as though we'd get it faster that way.

Hey CBR, I feel for you! I have not been waiting half as long, but for goodness sake, this is getting more than a little out of hand. I just wanted to see if there are things you can do in the meantime, maybe start or keep on with the preparations for the next phase of this journey, and I don't necessarily mean paperwork. I'm trying to look ahead and work on things that I need to do for the next season of life, and that includes hitting the gym for the wedding and researching the realestate market for where we'll be living. That's about all I can do to keep from going crazy right now, and I can't imagine how much more difficult the waiting must be now for you. I guess one way you can keep your life on track despite the waiting is to accomplish these preparations, whatever they may be, so when the visa is finally in hand, everything is ready to go. People who are getting their visa's earlier still have to prepare for moving etc. I guess we can have all that done before hand.

Just trying to offer some encouragement, hope you get your approval soon.

Jul 15/07 Engaged!

Oct ??/07 - Lawyer sent in I-129F

Nov 6/07 - NOA 1 Date

Jan 18/07 - Waiting anxiously

Feb 17/08 - A touch!

Feb 29/08 - NOA 2 - Approved!

Mar 02/08 - Touched

Mar 03/08 - Touched

Mar 10/08 - Petition arrived at NVC

Mar 12/08 - NVC forwarded Petition to Vancouver Consulate!

Mar 28/08 - Received packet 3

Apr 7/08 - Sent Packet 3

Apr 14/08 - Medical!!

May 13/08 - Interview date YAHOO!

GOT THE VISA!!!!! MAY 14, 2008

July 6/08 - Crossed the border - they let me in!!

July 12/08 - Wedding day - it was perfect!

July 23/08 - Back from Honeymoon in PR - now onto AOS?!?!?!

Sept 3/08 - AOS package in the mail - what a headache!

Sept 9/08 - 3 NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

Sept 30/08 - Biometrics appointment for AOS and EAD

Nov 13/08 - Touch on AOS and EAD

Nov 17/08 - AP shows up in the mail

Nov 17/08 - EAD card production ordered

Jun 25/09 - Green Card Production ordered - Finally after 10 months!

June 30/09 - Received welcome letter!

July 10/09 - GREENCARD! - All done for a bit now!

May 20/11 - Sent in I-751 for removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Rupa! I go through ups and downs all the time. I figure we have to get an answer one of these days!! We have gone through so many wedding/honeymoon plans but there's really nothing concrete we can do until we have a better idea of when he'll be here. I just keep getting through the day so I can go home and talk to him on the phone. At least we have that. And I have 5 weeks vacation per year which i'm almost out of (replenishes in July). But at least I have that to be able to see him every couple of months. He's not able to come here due to lack of strong ties to Canada. Sucks! But that's another whole long story.

Good luck to you! Hope you get approved soon. Looks like things are going much faster now for newer filers. Lucky!

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Timeline
Thanks Rupa! I go through ups and downs all the time. I figure we have to get an answer one of these days!! We have gone through so many wedding/honeymoon plans but there's really nothing concrete we can do until we have a better idea of when he'll be here. I just keep getting through the day so I can go home and talk to him on the phone. At least we have that. And I have 5 weeks vacation per year which i'm almost out of (replenishes in July). But at least I have that to be able to see him every couple of months. He's not able to come here due to lack of strong ties to Canada. Sucks! But that's another whole long story.

Good luck to you! Hope you get approved soon. Looks like things are going much faster now for newer filers. Lucky!

I finally broke down and looked for my wedding dress i didnt do it before because i didnt know if it would be a winter wedding or summer but now with it being so long since we filed i figure it has to be a spring or summer one .........lol if we ever get approved at any rate being this late it has allowed me to find a dress that is good for spring or summer.......i dont know what anyone else is doing to pass the time but since i cant concentrate on much.....i just try to plan what to do when it ever gets approved.....at least it gets me in a better mood lol

I finally broke down and looked for my wedding dress i didnt do it before because i didnt know if it would be a winter wedding or summer but now with it being so long since we filed i figure it has to be a spring or summer one .........lol if we ever get approved at any rate being this late it has allowed me to find a dress that is good for spring or summer.......i dont know what anyone else is doing to pass the time but since i cant concentrate on much.....i just try to plan what to do when it ever gets approved.....at least it gets me in a better mood lol

oooOOOooo Happy dress hunting!!!!! :D

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

The one thing which makes me sooo mad is that our file is not even assigned to an officer. Well, then where is our file? You know, well, if it is assigned and waiting for an approval, it will make me feel better. But, it is not even assigned and been waiting for a long time. And then those who filed after me are approved. I do not get this.

Timeline

oooOOOooo Happy dress hunting!!!!! :D

:) thank you very much.......really i found it last week i was only to try it on for sizing so they could order the one i liked in the book.......wow it just felt right i do not know how to explain it other than that......lol and it was nothing like the one that i had looked at for a month in the book........

Makes no sense that your file has been waiting so long without being assigned to an officer....hope things go quickly for you now....

Debbie & Barry

K-1 Timeline:

10-29-2007 Sent I 129-F to CSC

10-31-2007 I 129-F received CSC 9:48 AM

11-02-2007 NOA-1

11-07-2007 check cashed!

11-09-2007 NOA-1 hard copy received

3-11-08 RFE

3-17-08 RFE received by mail

3-22-08 RFE reply sent from England

4-09-08 RFE received CSC case resumed

4-18-08 NOA2 by email (after 172 days)

4-24-08 NOA2 hard copy

5-01-08 NVC received

5-02-08 case forwarded to US Embassy London

5-07-08 received by London Embassy

5-08-08 Packet 3 sent from Embassy

5-15-08 Packet 3 mailed recorded delivery

5-21-08 Packet 3 received US Embassy London

6-02-08 Medical

6-13-08 packet 4 received

7-01-08 Interview London Embassy Approved!

7-04-08 Visa in hand! hurray!

7-13-08 POE Cleveland, OH

9-23-08 (AOS package sent)

9-29-08 NOA received I-485, I-131, I-765

10-21-08 biometrics appt

12-12-08 EAD and AP received by mail!

2-04-2009 AOS approved!

2-12-2009 card received

11-05-2010 I-751 mailed to CSC

11-08-2010 received CS, NOA1 date

12-20-10 biometrics

02-09-11 ROC approved

02-14-11 Greencard received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.