cbd2cai

Slithering off to join the rush hour for work . . .

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am not a VJ addict, I am not a VJ addict. I am not a VJ addict. That's for you, JP!! :D

So I realized lately that I am spending too much time here in the race for platinum. I have a heavy project which requires more of my attention so I really really really need to break off all the posting. :blush: I was starting the additional threads as my way to relieve stress and have some FUN! But when the stress-reliever generates more stress, then it is time to STOP!

I apologize to anyone that I inadvertently offended with my sense of humour . . . I guess it doesn't come across too well on an on-line forum . . . even with many smilies inserted :lol: I was starting to feel some negative energy coming my way and felt that was another reason to step back, take a deep breathe and go commune with my co-workers. They seem to get it . . well, most of the time :D . . . they do a lot of yelling and teasing around at work as a way to relieve the stress. As Reader's Digest says: "Laughter is the best medecine" and while I have had many laughs from ppls comments on VJ, I think I need more up-close-and-personal laughs (yes, stop working remotely at home, hehe).

I have been a member on VJ since July, 2005 and did find some interesting information here regarding the K-3 (I had already filed all my papers before arriving here). And being here did help to get through the "waiting for interview" stage . . . wowow, already forgotten all that, :hehe: AND "waiting for visa to be issued" stage . As my experience with the waiting for visa process seems to be out-of-date (now that we did get a visa) and my musings/ramblings on my experience vis-a-vis Egypt and the K-3 process appear to be unneeded (and unwanted in some cases), then I feel I cannot contribute anything to the ME/NA forum. I'll probably start hanging out in the AOS forum once Ahmed manages to get his butt on an airplane :P , but for now, I am ignoring all those papers that could be filled out because of work. Bleh!!!

Thanks to those who contributed on the cooking thread . . . I need to finish printing off those recipes. Also, I've learned a lot from those who posted about their SO's experiences after coming to the States . . . "Coming to America"!!! LOL, another song. I don't think I can count much higher without a book, but I did get it up there a bit (loved the side comments on pronunciation, etc).

If anyone feels the need to ask me anything, feel free to PM me.

Noura, I owe you a hip scarf, I'll let you know what I have after the sale on Saturday. I'll check Hadia's website for updates on the workshop . . . or you could send me the info once you have it :P . A trip to N.O. could be just the thing in October. Maybe you can meet Ahmed there or in Dallas in August. Insha'allah, Said will be here soon too!!! (L)

JP, carry on with being a VJ addict.

Rahma, thanks for your informative posts on your Egyptian experience.

HB/Liz, thanks for your posts about "Abdel adjusting to America" and "Abdel and his family in Morocco".

MK, I really should plan a trip down to south Texas . . . only something like 5 hours drive from North Texas.

I know I left a lot of ppl out and I hope I didn't offend anyone by doing that :( .

OK, I am feeling a bit sensitive right now . . . but I gotta go! Work is calling me . . . and I much to do before we start Unit Testing conversions and interfaces next week . . . yikes, I am so far behind on writing one program now because testing the other one has been so time-consuming . . . looks like a working weekend.

Good Luck to all!!!

Catherine :help:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

wait wait wait, I missed something here. Catherine, come back!

I'll bribe you with obviously photoshopped cute kitten pictures

cute_cat.jpg

Can you say no to a face like that?

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well thank God that you are not totally leaving... had me scared there for a moment...

I may not hold the same view as a lot of others here on VJ... but, I do try to see both sides of every story...

and i appreciate the time that you have spent here... cheering others on... and offering advice...

*hugs*

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Catherine, I understand u have lots of work coming up, but I hope you don't disappear!!! You don't "owe" me a hipscarf... I was only joking.... but I'll take it as an excuse to come to Dallas and hang out sometime.... or better yet, you come to NOLA and contribute to the post-Katrina "RE-New Orleans" economy! Anyhoo, have a wonderful day and please keep posting... I love ur sense of humor!

**hugs**

:luv: Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, I think I must have missed something too. Maybe some drama on another thread?? Anyway, I know we'd all hate to lose one of the ME/NA ladies that has helped to make our regional subforum so great and helpful!

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

I can see how this place can become addictive. My SO here already and i'm still here. I think I too after I reach platinum status will retire until the next phase which is lifting conditions..yuck!

Anyways do come back and post when you can I enjoy your sense of humor but realize work must come first. :)

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Whoa.... I definitely must have missed something !

Catherine.... who in the world could be offended by you ??? You are a fountain of positive energy on this Forum and I have never seen you be or say anything but niceness to everyone. I can't believe anyone would feel upset by you for even one second.... but there seem to be a lot of hurt feelings lately.

Anyways take a break if you need to, but I would really miss your posts if you left us for good.

But yes South Texas is just a short drive away.... so remember.... you are welcome in San Antonio any time !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Timeline

Catherine, good luck breaking away from this forum. I tried moving to the AOS forum when Abdel got here, but frankly I found this group way more friendly and just missed being "at home." I know what you mean about spending so much time here though. It can be addictive. I just try to come read now and post only to a few threads.

See you back in a few days when you miss us so much you can't resist! :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ok I think I missed somthing too :( Who is giving you negative energy? Was it here? Don't go Catherine! :(

I agree with MK...you are very light hearted and full of good energy. (F)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Oh no, don't go!!! Slow down, limit yourself to a half hour a day or something, but don't leave us!!!!

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.