aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Mary&Tom if you dont mind ill add you to the list.....ill say the Embassy got ya waiver on the 1st dec 05 as that will cover the post time ok...

was waiver for cimt or overstay or medical reasons? if ya dont mind me asking..

[

They did get it on the 1st of December.... we sent it special delivery which I was told would not require a signature (didn't want to annoy anyone) but did allow us to track it.

I don't know what to say for the reason... none of those fit exactly. This is what happened... explained in the post I made after the interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.p...c=43106&st=2160

This situation has been a nightmare to say the least.

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the good advice Nigel,

I e-mailed the embassy yesterday and explained very clearly to them NOT TO THROW AWAY THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTATIONAL EVIDENCE submitted with the original I-601, so hopefully they should keep this with them.

Nigel I have already "beefed up" my hardship letter to 3 pages and so hopefully that should be OK, Courtney's one was 5 pages and was fine. Mary and Tom: that's interesting that they said the same thing to you about the G-325a forms, why they need this info at this time completely baffles me!

Nigel, I will do what you say about the cover letter, hopefully Courtney's forms will be back with me again early next week and so I can send them off straight to the Emabassy then (special delivery?)

Also just one point I should mention that we didn't include in our original hardship letter and that SHOULD be included. Always start the letter of with the paragraph "I/we are aware that the UKC was denied a visa because of CIMT/ overstay etc. under the Immigration Act etc. " see the first Paragraph of Misty B's waiver on immigrate2us.net for the exact wording.

We didn't include this paragraph and were also told that the US fiancee NEEDS to show in writing that he/she is aware of why the visa was denied.

Most of you probably have included this, but it is important in a hardship letter.

:thumbs:

Paul

Ok Paul...Nice one..get them back from her ASAP and Keep Copys...send of to the Embassy Rec Mail and have a tracker on the post...keep us in the loop... :thumbs:

Mary & Tom...I Understand more now...But thats why the 601 waiver was issued......the waiver is there to give releif.....somebody like me and yourself...

Best wishes...hope you get your answer soon... :thumbs:

waiver dates..London (DHS) waivers list

NAME.........CASE......WAIVER......REASON.......SUBMITTED......................L

ATEST INFO...

Nigel..........I-130....I-601..........O/stay..........Oct 12th 05......................APPROVED Dec 30th 05

Cmltgd.......K1.......I-601.............CIMT ..........7th Feb............................Pending case

MistyB........130......I-601.............CIMT............Sep/12/05.........................APPROVED 30th Jan 06

jpkeswim....k1.......I-601.............O/Stay...........Dec/2nd/05....................Pending

Liam/lisa....K1........I-601...........CIMT..............Nov/8th/05...................APPROVED Dec 20th05

Bostongirl..k1.........I-601............O/Stay...........N/Y/F...............................N/Y/F

Baileyj96....K1.........I-601...........CIMT...............N/Y/F.............................N/Y/F

Paul C........K1.........I-601............CIMT..............2/FEB/06.........................RFE

Wendibob...K3.......I-601.............CIMT..............5th/Jan/06.......................Pending case...

Mary&Tom.K1......I-601...............CIMT.............1st Dec/05.......................Pending case....

Anymore updates please let me know guys/dolls..

Edited by nigel

NAME.........CASE......WAIVER......REASON.......SUBMITTED......................L

ATEST INFO...

Nigel..........I-130....I-601..........O/stay..........Oct 12th 05......................APPROVED Dec 30th 05

Cmltgd.......K1.......I-601.............CIMT ..........7th Feb............................Pending case

MistyB........130......I-601.............CIMT............Sep/12/05.........................APPROVED 30th Jan 06

jpkeswim....k1.......I-601.............O/Stay...........Dec/2nd/05....................Pending

Liam/lisa....K1........I-601...........CIMT..............Nov/8th/05...................APPROVED Dec 20th05

Bostongirl..k1.........I-601............O/Stay...........N/Y/F...............................N/Y/F

Baileyj96....K1.........I-601...........CIMT...............N/Y/F.............................N/Y/F

Paul C........K1.........I-601............CIMT..............2/FEB/06.........................RFE

Wendibob...K3.......I-601.............CIMT..............5th/Jan/06.......................Pending case...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey you lot.

Can we join your group?...... Reminds me of school playground days.. "d'ya wanna be in my gang"!!!

Actually, that sounds more like a Gary Glitter quote than anything else.. so I'd bet shut up, right now.

Anyhooo, you got the name, case is K-3, I've got packet 3 but know I've got to file a waiver for CIMT. I aint that bad, honest, I think I'm just in the same predicament as y'all. I got in a fight 13 years ago and 12 years ago, respectively.(I'm 32 now).

So, I've got this packet 3 thing-y-me-bob and unsure whether or not to keep on pursuing it. My wife is here with me in the UK for what we thought would be a temp stay until we could relocate to the US.

Things have gone a bit "Pete Tong". The boys (my two step-sons) are being bullied like ####### at school and on the street we live on. My eldest step-son has had his arms punctured to heck with some kind of sharp instrument for being American. He's only 13 and a really placid kid, shy as you can get. I've contacted the school and the Police but nothing seems to transpire.

Seems now we cannot go to the US as a family as we planned due to these CIMT thingys.

To quote Renton in Transpotting, "It's a shite state of affairs to be in and all the fresh air in the world aint gunna make a ***k of difference".

Ahh... onwards and upwards, hey?

ATEST INFO...

Timeline.

Married in UK 31st Dec 2004.

Settled in UK short-term because immigration to UK is a normal, sensible, straightforward and understandable procedure. It follows a process of commonsense and logical thinking. The paperwork is processed in a timescale you would expect from normal human beings. We can also enjoy the comedy of being subjected to US immigration protocol without the frustration of being apart. It's very amusing from this vantage point.

Ok,

I-130

Filed I-130 Sept 2005

Case received 22nd Sept 2005

K-3

Filed Late November 2005

DCF

Sent December 2005

I've probably missed loads off this but bear with me will you, I'm new to this site.

Simonandjulie...welcome on board.... ;)

Ok...i see you have some time before you get a interveiw date....once you have your interveiw then the Embassy will refuse your visa...and ask you to file a I-601 Waiver with Hardship letters from you the UKc & your wife the USc...Cost for such a Waiver is $265.00 to date..and time to process is anything from 6/15wks with the norm about 8wks...

Before your interveiw have Waiver ready and both hardship letters and anything to back your aguments up ie doc report Employer letter ect....only bring this out after the interveiw and not before...then file the 601 plus hardship letters....

Please go to Imigrant2us.net web site and go to 601 waivers and look for stickys Approved hardship letters...this will give you a good idea of what is needed in such Letters...

I hope this post will put you on the right track..

I shall add you to the list and anything you like to ask myself or other 601 members can to...

ADD SimonandJulie.... ;)

...............waiver dates..London (DHS) waivers list.............

ATEST INFO...

Simon&Julie.K3......I-601.............CIMT...............N/Y/F..............................N/Y/F

Anymore updates please let me know.... Cya Guys Later..

Welcome aboard SimonandJulie,

We aren't the most popular bunch but we are pretty peaceful. :lol: We are still waiting on our packet 3 (postal strike in N. Ireland) :angry: but hopefully he will get it in the next week or so.

Sorry to hear what your step sons are going through. It must be really hard for them.

Hope things go well with you and yours.

Baileyj

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Welcome on board Simon and Julie,

I share Bailey's words, there are good people in here with a lot of good advice that you can learn from, I certainly have.

Really sorry to hear about what your kids are going through, and hope that sorts itself out soon.

Any worries or concerns, share them here, we're all in this together eh?

:thumbs:

Paul

Any News Guys&Dolls?

I Wonder if the waivers will be put up in price again this end of the Tax year 05/06 They should'nt as they only just stuck it up in Oct 05 from $250.00 to $265.00.....I Bet they do tho :yes: ..you watch :whistle:

Also i also wonder if VJ has lost members after that blip they had with there software... I know there's a few un-happy ones who lost there Forums they started up...

Nigel.. :thumbs:

Well let's chat instead...when are you leaving for Florida Nigel? Turns out me and my kids may end up in NC until we can find a place to live in Florida. Hubby will have to stay down there and work though. Not what we planned but we'll fix it.

me: US, soon-to-be ex: Sweden

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

'97-'99---carried on long distance relationship

02/14/99---married in the US

10/23/99---received swedish residence permit

12/02/99---moved to Sweden

03/21/01---filed I-130; no visa given

06/27/02--visa interview; denied told to file I-601 for CIMT

9/12/05--visa interview; submitted 601 to Stockholm, Sweden

10/06/05----waiver forwarded to DHS; Copenhagen, Denmark

10/11/05---waiver entered into the DHS system

12/15/05---waiver finally mailed to London; rc'd snaily from ICE (12/16/05)

01/03/06----DHS London finally receives waiver; let the adjudication begin!

Jan. 25 06---LONDON APPROVES WAIVER!!!

02/02/06---sent passport off to embassy to receive visa

02/06/06---rc'd passport w/visa and infamous brown envelope

02/25/06----spouse immigrated to Florida..Miami POE, no probs!

03/14/06----spouse received social security card

03/17/06----spouse received green card!

03/12/06----Finally back in the US after 7 long years!

08/20/06--We separate after almost 8 years of marriage

06/09/07---still separated.....probably filing for divorce in August

Hey Waiver Bunch!

Just so's ya know, I added a link to the waivers thread in the London Interviews thread, so that hopefully people will swing by and say hello. I know that, since your process is lengthened, things can seem a little lonely.

Mary and Tom have got to be next, aye? We'll be pulling for you. :thumbs:

Here's hoping that all of you are reunited with your loved ones soon. :)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

hey Nigel, didn't kow that you were going to Florida, where abouts, we will be up in Jacksonville

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

It's all getting real now, Nige...just over 2 months left! When will you be coming stateside?

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey you all again! Still no news yet :(

We are hoping that Monday, Febrary 13 is our lucky day. My fiance was the 13th person at the embassy and was called up to window 13 and they started processing our paper work on Dec 13 even though we filed on Dec 2nd. :( Oh one more thing that is his fathers favorite #. So we are hoping this is a lucky # for us....

This process is taking forever and he has been in England almost a year now.......ahhhhh! Just venting today! Plus planning a wedding, its taking a toll on me. Tomorrow we get to taste our wedding cake and caterer's food! Yum Yum! Or should I say my mother and father and me get to do these things.

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.