aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Bailey, we didn't have a credit card either. I thought you could use a personal check because that's what it says on the actual form for the I-601, but apparently that's not true! So I had to also resend him a banker's draft drawn on an American bank (bank check issued by your bank) which would be my bank, made out to US Disbursing Officer. Strange, not mentioned anywhere on any instructions that I got, but that's what the guy interviewing Cas said!

That's all I know!

Thanks! We're pretty excited to finally be on the way. I know time will fly by! I know, we're only at the beginning and I'll be much more impatient when we hit eight weeks, but for now, I think I'll just be glad!

Tiff

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Nigel. Yeah I posted my letter on the other site. I saw there was a post today but I try not to post much when I'm at work. I'll send a thank you tonight Oh and thank you for saying it was a nice letter. I think I will try to beef it up a bit more and then leave it alone. Not sure my poor little pea brain can do much more with it. :P

thanks for the reply cmltdg. I wanted to reach through the email and smack whoever was sending those emails. I mean really, what is the big deal about answering my question? There is like NO chance they won't be denying the visa so please just answer my simple question so we can be prepared. Anyway enough about that.

Found out Northern Ireland has a postal strike going on right now. Just in time for us to be receiving packet 3. :crying: Oh well we have been pretty lucky so far. Things have been going steady since we filed at the end of November.

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone.

Best wishes,

Bailey

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Bailey, I dont think anyone was supposed to know about the I-601. Call me crazy, but I believe it's the government's way of weeding out undesirables LEGALLY, kwim? The less people know about how to do it the better in their eyes! So in a way everything is top secret. That's why these forums are great! People get informed and get good information for the most part. :)

me: US, soon-to-be ex: Sweden

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

'97-'99---carried on long distance relationship

02/14/99---married in the US

10/23/99---received swedish residence permit

12/02/99---moved to Sweden

03/21/01---filed I-130; no visa given

06/27/02--visa interview; denied told to file I-601 for CIMT

9/12/05--visa interview; submitted 601 to Stockholm, Sweden

10/06/05----waiver forwarded to DHS; Copenhagen, Denmark

10/11/05---waiver entered into the DHS system

12/15/05---waiver finally mailed to London; rc'd snaily from ICE (12/16/05)

01/03/06----DHS London finally receives waiver; let the adjudication begin!

Jan. 25 06---LONDON APPROVES WAIVER!!!

02/02/06---sent passport off to embassy to receive visa

02/06/06---rc'd passport w/visa and infamous brown envelope

02/25/06----spouse immigrated to Florida..Miami POE, no probs!

03/14/06----spouse received social security card

03/17/06----spouse received green card!

03/12/06----Finally back in the US after 7 long years!

08/20/06--We separate after almost 8 years of marriage

06/09/07---still separated.....probably filing for divorce in August

OK...Members...some of you might have seen this on the other site but some may not...

here is a member who just got Approved 601 waiver in London...check out the time it took to Approve the waiver.....so there hope yet for some of you waiting on a Answer soon...

HE/SHE POST....

I wanted to let you all know of our approval, me and my husband promised to write and say thank you if we would get approved because at the time we were going through all this really really difficult process of writing a hardship letter and trying to figure everything out, this website gave us the most information and more hope and strength to carry on than anything else. I don't know how I would have been able to do this if my husband wouldn't have found your website. Thank you

I hope our approval gives hope to those who are now right in the middle of writing their own hardship letter, and just don't give up, use all the stickies, use the approved hardship letters, it really really helps.

With my waiver I think we got a very quick answer, London office recieved it Dec. 29 and we got an e-mail from the senator who checked on our case Jan. 20 saying we were approved! So by Jan. 25th. I got my immigrant stamp in my passport. I am very thankful this turned out the best way, It sure was not easy, we were doing all this just before Christmas, the day before Christmas we mailed our letter and we expected to have to wait for an answer at least two months, but the new year really surpriced us with these happy news

Good luck to you all

Bailey, I dont think anyone was supposed to know about the I-601. Call me crazy, but I believe it's the government's way of weeding out undesirables LEGALLY, kwim? The less people know about how to do it the better in their eyes! So in a way everything is top secret. That's why these forums are great! People get informed and get good information for the most part. :)

Think you're right on that one Misty, when I told my interview officer that I had a I-601 already prepared, he said "how, where did you get that?" :lol: , he looked so suprised! I told him about internet forums etc., and he laughed! anyways it turns out I had to fill out another I-601 form there anyway.

Bailey, I would use your debit card, it doesn't matter if it's paid in UK pounds, it all translates to 265 dollars.

Would it seem a little impatient of me to e-mail London asking them if they had put our waiver on to the system yet? It's only been 6 days since the interview! (or should I wait some more?). I don't want to seem pushy!

regards

Paul

Hi Misty,

Yes I kind of feel that they don't like for people to know about the waiver. The information that you can find is burried very deep and takes a lot of search to find anything. The second time I replied and ask again for the information, the person wrote back and ask for my case number and if I had been denied. Then they would answer my question. I just let it drop. For some reason it creeped me out why they needed this information just to answer a simple question.

Hi Nigel,

Yes I saw this post on the other site. I don't know how she got the approval so quick but it did sound like she might have had a little help somehow or she had a slam dunk letter. Would be interesting to see her letter just to see what was so convencing that it only took a short time to get approved. But hey, good for anyone who gets through this quick!

Have a great day

Baileyj

Morning Paul

Yeah I think we will be using the debit card. A bit of a sheltered child here and I wasn't sure how that would work. :lol:

Hummm that's interesting that they ask you how you knew about the I-601. Hope you didn't let the cat out of the bag :P I've seen on here that some of the staff at some of the embassies read this forum. Kind of makes you feel like "big brother" is watching us. lol

Thanks for the info,

Baileyj

Edited by Baileyj96

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Morning Paul....Yep i think its a bit early dude to contact them yet...if i was you i would at least give them 2 wks then ask....best to use up your 9 lives later rather than sooner..

To Everyone Else...The Immigration will hold there cards close to there chest in Everyway...They will give you little or no Info, so don't think for one second there going to reply back with a solid answer to the Question you put to them..Thats the way Goverment works as a whole! But anything positive info you do get well good on you..

IT'S ALL TOP SECRET! :yes: Cloak & Dagger sort of thing :whistle:

Have a Good Day Everyone :thumbs:

Morning Paul....Yep i think its a bit early dude to contact them yet...if i was you i would at least give them 2 wks then ask....best to use up your 9 lives later rather than sooner..

To Everyone Else...The Immigration will hold there cards close to there chest in Everyway...They will give you little or no Info, so don't think for one second there going to reply back with a solid answer to the Question you put to them..Thats the way Goverment works as a whole! But anything positive info you do get well good on you..

OK SO TODAY IS NOT A GOOD DAY!

I received a letter from the US embassy today telling me that they need two seperate hardships letters. Our letter was two seperate ones combined, 5 pages from the USC and one page from the UKC at the end. I remember asking the guy at the desk whether this was OK and he looked it over and said yeah..... arrggghh

:angry: I have seen many many examples from applicants that went through London and only ONE had two copies, all the rest had one copy combined!

they also wanted us both to complete two G-325a forms, why??? we filled them out in the original application (I-129f), why do they need others?

That means that I have to send all of these forms to Courtney (who is now in the US) and wait and then re-submit, which puts the whole process back several weeks. Also I'm worried that they may have disregarded our documentational evidence that went with the original hardship letter, and we never photocopied these pages so we only have those original documents!

not a happy camper!

Paul, I am so sorry to hear of this, hard enough for you without additional paperwork, can you not scan any paperwork to Courtney, saves loads of time.

At the same time as I can understand you being totally p*****d about this, one good thing will come of it for all those who will go after you. To make sure we have that extra page. Know that does not help you in anyway, but at least you know that they are working on it. keep you chin up Paul, you will get there :thumbs:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Paul, I am so sorry to hear of this, hard enough for you without additional paperwork, can you not scan any paperwork to Courtney, saves loads of time.

At the same time as I can understand you being totally p*****d about this, one good thing will come of it for all those who will go after you. To make sure we have that extra page. Know that does not help you in anyway, but at least you know that they are working on it. keep you chin up Paul, you will get there :thumbs:

thanks for that munchkins, I'm gonna e-mail Courtney her part of the hardship letters and the G-325a form to her today so she can sign and send it back today, whilst I "beef up" my hardship letter.

still pis#es me off that they ask for two G-325a forms to be filled in, they have four copies of biographic information from the original I-129f application.

Nigel, guess that 2nd of Feb date will be moved forward then eh? I'll keep you all posted on when we get to file (again)

Paul

Wow so sorry to hear that Paul. I've been trolling on here and the other site for several months now and this is the first time I've heard of them asking for another G325a form to be filled out. Maybe it's time to throw another twist in there since people are starting to figure things out. :angry: I have seen when some of the personnel moves around, they start asking for different things. Maybe they have a new person doing the waivers. ???

Hang in there

Baileyj

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Timeline

Paul! That's terrible! Now I'm really freaked out as well. They did not ask for Cas to fill out any 325-G form either. Where does it state that they need that anywhere on any instruction form for the I-601?!! Nowhere! That just really makes me so mad. All you who have already filed, were you asked to fill out another G-325? I'm going to be soooo mad if he gets that same letter next week! Why is there so much misinformation on this particular form? I think I agree with Misty and Nigel -- they just don't want us to know this is possible! :angry:

Well, that just makes me more determined. We'll keep giving them whatever they need and not give up! We'll get there eventually!!!

Have a good day guys,

Tiffany

OK SO TODAY IS NOT A GOOD DAY!

I received a letter from the US embassy today telling me that they need two seperate hardships letters. Our letter was two seperate ones combined, 5 pages from the USC and one page from the UKC at the end. I remember asking the guy at the desk whether this was OK and he looked it over and said yeah..... arrggghh

:angry: I have seen many many examples from applicants that went through London and only ONE had two copies, all the rest had one copy combined!

they also wanted us both to complete two G-325a forms, why??? we filled them out in the original application (I-129f), why do they need others?

That means that I have to send all of these forms to Courtney (who is now in the US) and wait and then re-submit, which puts the whole process back several weeks. Also I'm worried that they may have disregarded our documentational evidence that went with the original hardship letter, and we never photocopied these pages so we only have those original documents!

not a happy camper!

Paul...I would first Question of why the Embassy needs the G-325 as you submitted this with your 129...

second I would also state that the Officer at the interveiw scanned your waiver and documents and gave the all clear on that day...What im trying to Advise you is....That you must play there games and put them on the spot as you have done everything they ask.....Yes you proberly have to re-submit what they request but at least you will put them in a corner that they are not doing there job in the correct manor..once they feel like you have a valid point they should not delay your waiver application than need be...

I Know this Bloody sucks for you guys with there mind games but toss the ball back in there court and at the same time make them feel guilty if you can...

Also yes the Embassy would require two seperate hardship letters from the USc & Alien yourself....you say you done only 1 page for yourself hmmmm i wonder if theres plenty of info on just one page..if i was you i would beef it up a bit at least 3 pages if you can...

When you re-submit everything give them a cover letter with your concernes about they already had everything which was ask for... and hoping this won't delay your application any futher and the time to process such a waiver should "REMAIN" the same from the date the waiver was submitted..

Paul c....sorry for this ####### you and your soon to be wife is going through but i shall leave your date on the waiver list But under (RFE) require futher evidence.. the same cas thats when the Embassy had it....so yes the clock is still ticking, just they want a little more from you....so Dont worry send in what they want at the same time and you "SHOULD" be sorted like Everyone else...

Dont worry RFE in waivers applications are common...

Nige... :thumbs:

PS.. INPORTANT....Keep copys of Everything! then like now you have something to fall back on when need be...

UPDATE Paul C...

waiver dates..London (DHS) waivers list

NAME.........CASE......WAIVER......REASON.......SUBMITTED......................L

ATEST INFO...

Nigel..........I-130....I-601..........O/stay..........Oct 12th 05......................APPROVED Dec 30th 05

Cmltgd.......K1.......I-601.............CIMT ..........7th Feb............................Pending case

MistyB........130......I-601.............CIMT............Sep/12/05.........................APPROVED 30th Jan 06

jpkeswim....k1.......I-601.............O/Stay...........Dec/2nd/05....................Pending

Liam/lisa....K1........I-601...........CIMT..............Nov/8th/05...................APPROVED Dec 20th05

Bostongirl..k1.........I-601............O/Stay...........N/Y/F...............................N/Y/F

Baileyj96....K1.........I-601...........CIMT...............N/Y/F.............................N/Y/F

Paul C........K1.........I-601............CIMT..............2/FEB/06.........................RFE

Wendibob...K3.......I-601.............CIMT..............5th/Jan/06.......................Pending case...

Anymore updates please let me know.... Cya Guys Later..

Edited by nigel

Timeline
Wow so sorry to hear that Paul. I've been trolling on here and the other site for several months now and this is the first time I've heard of them asking for another G325a form to be filled out. Maybe it's time to throw another twist in there since people are starting to figure things out. :angry: I have seen when some of the personnel moves around, they start asking for different things. Maybe they have a new person doing the waivers. ???

Hang in there

Baileyj

The day of our interview we were given the 601 form plus a G325a for each of us and instructions for each of our letters. We had prepared nothing ahead of time because we did not think we would be allowed to file a waiver. When they gave us the waiver forms they said we could fill them out and submit them that day but we were too exhausted. We hadn't slept the night before. The tube broke down on the way so we had walked for miles. Also, we had been at the embassy for 4 hours by then and we were starving. We were told to try to hurry up and get everything in within a week.. which we did.

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Mary&Tom if you dont mind ill add you to the list.....ill say the Embassy got ya waiver on the 1st dec 05 as that will cover the post time ok...

was waiver for cimt or overstay or medical reasons? if ya dont mind me asking..

Thanks Both... :thumbs:

waiver dates..London (DHS) waivers list

NAME.........CASE......WAIVER......REASON.......SUBMITTED......................L

ATEST INFO...

Nigel..........I-130....I-601..........O/stay..........Oct 12th 05......................APPROVED Dec 30th 05

Cmltgd.......K1.......I-601.............CIMT ..........7th Feb............................Pending case

MistyB........130......I-601.............CIMT............Sep/12/05.........................APPROVED 30th Jan 06

jpkeswim....k1.......I-601.............O/Stay...........Dec/2nd/05....................Pending

Liam/lisa....K1........I-601...........CIMT..............Nov/8th/05...................APPROVED Dec 20th05

Bostongirl..k1.........I-601............O/Stay...........N/Y/F...............................N/Y/F

Baileyj96....K1.........I-601...........CIMT...............N/Y/F.............................N/Y/F

Paul C........K1.........I-601............CIMT..............2/FEB/06.........................RFE

Wendibob...K3.......I-601.............CIMT..............5th/Jan/06.......................Pending case...

Mary&Tom.K1......I-601...............XXXX.............1st Dec/05.......................Pending case....

Anymore updates please let me know guys/dolls.. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.