aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

I would count from when they started to process it. I think you'll hear something next week by the latest. :)

Yep..i Agrea with my Friend Misty....

I gave my hardship letter on the day of interveiw 12th oct and they put it in the system 19 days later..why i dont know..so yep have that in mind.....and if it comes before all well and Good huh.. :yes:

Nige..

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for the good input. Even though we just saw each other 1 month ago we are starting to get crabby with each other again. I think it is because I am so frustrated that I am planning this nice big wedding and he is over there getting aggravated that he is in a country that is foreign to him. As he was raised in the states. THanks you guys...I will let him know to make sure to have his phone on during the day. He is working midnights this week so he turns the ringer off during the day so he can sleep. I will definitely let you guys know the minute I find something out.

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Nigel, well, it is official! The courier picked it up early Monday morning. So I don't know when to tell you it's in the system. I hope very soon as I'm trying to plan a wedding here!!! Also, quick question: after they called you and told you you were approved, how soon was it until you actually had your passport back in hand? Again, for planning purposes.

Thanks!

Tiff

Don't mean to butt in here ......................just wanted to say congrats for getting your waiver sent in.

Hope the time goes by quick for you. (as quick as possible)

Best Wishes

Baileyj

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

jpkeswim,

how did you know the date when they started to process your visa? do they let you know?

I thought the countdown began from the day it was filed?

regards

Paul

Hello

Can someone tell me what other payment methods are accepted in London for the waiver fees? (besides credit card) Will they take money order or cashier check? If so who is it made out to?

I emailed the embassy but all they did was inform me of the procedure for the I-601. Told me to wait for the interview to see if we were denied and then we would be instructed on how to pay. I emailed back and they still wouldn't tell me. They just ask me to provide information on my visa and if we had been denied. It this top secrect information? jeez....... We just want to have this all prepared so we can turn this in when he has his interview.

Thanks,

Baileyj

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Nigel, well, it is official! The courier picked it up early Monday morning. So I don't know when to tell you it's in the system. I hope very soon as I'm trying to plan a wedding here!!! Also, quick question: after they called you and told you you were approved, how soon was it until you actually had your passport back in hand? Again, for planning purposes.

Thanks!

Tiff

Ok Great..so lets say you filed tuesday huh?....cas it will only take a day for the Embassy to get it....

Paulc...The date you file and the date your case goes into the system is two Different things....so we start the clock when you file.....sometimes they put it into the system straight away and sometimes they take there time....Thats why the time to process waivers is anything from 8/15 wks but the norm is about 8wks..from the time they put it into there system....

The Embassy DHS reveiws your case first then the Longest part in any waiver is when the DHS waits on the Fingerprints to come back from the FBI...

When a Waiver is Approved and the Embassy calls/writes to you...the Embassy will tell you to call the SMS Postal company 0870-9501760 to Arrange pick up of your passport and that Blue waiver form the Embassy officer gave you when you filed the waiver also it might be a good idea to write a little cover letter with the details of your case number and date waiver was Approved by doing this then the Embassy knows whats its all about ect...

If Anybody has not got that blue Form then Don't worry the cover letter will cover that for you as the Embassy will have all the details on file anyway...

SMS Postal service..This is the service the Embassy uses for inportant documents to go back and forth the Applicant...once you call SMS then they will take down your details then call you back for your credit card details and Arrange pick up of your Docs...the cost to pick up and return is £19.00 which i think its pricey but the SMS will also ask you if you want to pay a extra £4 i think if you want them to collect your Docs before 12am...which i think thats a bit cheaky as £19.00 is plenty to start with...but what can you do? This is the Embassy ways of doing things....

Myself is waiting on SMS Today Tuesday for them to pick my docs up so ive got to wait for them all day...

Return of your Docs...im not to sure but SMS tells me approx 5/7 days for Embassy to return your docs back...this is anybodys guess when this will happen....more often people miss the post and call sms to come back again cas you just cant wait in for 7 days can you...

I Hope that clears things up....ill keep you posted on this postal stuff....knowing my Luck ill go to the loo or something today and miss the call..Thats my Luck all over!

Nige...

Nigel,

Thanks for the informative answer, I was just wondering if there was any way that an applicant could find out WHEN their waiver went on to the system (probably not eh?)

Bailey, when I paid for the waiver, I paid via credit card (I think it works out to around 150 pounds!), that's probably the best way. I think you can also pay via debit card, the window that you pay it at has lots of symbols to say what they accept etc.

I certainly wouldn't want to walk around London with that much in cash in my pocket!

Paul

Thanks Paul C

Neither one of us are using credit cards at the moment, so we were just trying to figure out the best way. Plus I was under the impression the fee had to be paid with US dollars. We both have visa debit cards so that should work out ok. (sorry if i sound like a hick) lol

Thanks again,

Baileyj

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Timeline
jpkeswim,

how did you know the date when they started to process your visa? do they let you know?

I thought the countdown began from the day it was filed?

regards

Paul

Paul,

I emailed the embassy and they let me know the day that they put it in the system....

Still no word from the Embassy today. :( Man this is getting frustrating. From the day it actually went in the system it has now been 8 weeks as of today and it will be 10 weeks that we filed on Friday.

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

hehe...Nigel can tell you I was about ready to pull all my hair out! I was set on going on sabbatical when they called me last week! ;):yes:

You will get an answer when you're ready to give up! It's like they can sense it! :P

me: US, soon-to-be ex: Sweden

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

'97-'99---carried on long distance relationship

02/14/99---married in the US

10/23/99---received swedish residence permit

12/02/99---moved to Sweden

03/21/01---filed I-130; no visa given

06/27/02--visa interview; denied told to file I-601 for CIMT

9/12/05--visa interview; submitted 601 to Stockholm, Sweden

10/06/05----waiver forwarded to DHS; Copenhagen, Denmark

10/11/05---waiver entered into the DHS system

12/15/05---waiver finally mailed to London; rc'd snaily from ICE (12/16/05)

01/03/06----DHS London finally receives waiver; let the adjudication begin!

Jan. 25 06---LONDON APPROVES WAIVER!!!

02/02/06---sent passport off to embassy to receive visa

02/06/06---rc'd passport w/visa and infamous brown envelope

02/25/06----spouse immigrated to Florida..Miami POE, no probs!

03/14/06----spouse received social security card

03/17/06----spouse received green card!

03/12/06----Finally back in the US after 7 long years!

08/20/06--We separate after almost 8 years of marriage

06/09/07---still separated.....probably filing for divorce in August

Timeline

Yes, I do remember reading your emails. I just wish we knew something real soon. I am so aggravated that we paid our lawyer very very good money and he told us 6-8 months at the most. We originally started this process with the lawyer in late April and filed our first form the 2nd week of May. So it has definitely been longer than 8 months. I probably would have moved to England if we knew it was going to be this long. It better be a approval when we hear something......

Yes, I do remember reading your emails. I just wish we knew something real soon. I am so aggravated that we paid our lawyer very very good money and he told us 6-8 months at the most. We originally started this process with the lawyer in late April and filed our first form the 2nd week of May. So it has definitely been longer than 8 months. I probably would have moved to England if we knew it was going to be this long. It better be a approval when we hear something......

Yep..Thats what Lawywers do best....take your money and screw you the same time.. :yes:

A k1 visa takes a short time cas its only a temp visa until you AOS in the usa....I Know you got to add a bit more time for your waiver and all but 8 mths for a K1 seems to me a overdue time...

If only you new about Forums like this and Immigrant2us.net you proberly would have done this yourself saving time and money proberly...

Oh well the end is very near for you guys now i can feel that you will be Approved in the next wk or so...you came this far now so just hang in there a little longer....I think your waiver was put in on the 2nd of dec but was not in the system until the 13th dec so your 8wks is today the 7th Feb...

Our waiver was handed in the 12 oct 05 and got Approved the 30th of Dec so that there was 10 wks...but they never put it into the system when they got it until 31st oct so 19 days was lost somewhere in our case..

so if our was in there system on the 31st oct like they said and was Approved the 30 Dec that brings it to 8wks and 4 days...so going on the way it went for me then yours could be done in the next wk....

Hang in there...you be sorted soon..... :thumbs:

Update...waiver dates..London DHS waivers list

NAME.........CASE......WAIVER......REASON.......SUBMITTED......................L

ATEST INFO...

Nigel..........I-130....I-601..........O/stay..........Oct 12th 05......................APPROVED Dec 30th 05

Cmltgd.......K1.......I-601.............CIMT ..........7th Feb............................Pending case

MistyB........130......I-601.............CIMT............Sep/12/05.........................APPROVED 30th Jan 06

jpkeswim....k1.......I-601.............O/Stay...........Dec/2nd/05....................Pending

Liam/lisa....K1........I-601...........CIMT..............Nov/8th/05...................APPROVED Dec 20th05

Bostongirl..k1.........I-601............O/Stay...........N/Y/F...............................N/Y/F

Baileyj96....K1.........I-601...........CIMT...............N/Y/F.............................N/Y/F

Paul C........K1.........I-601............CIMT..............2/FEB/06.........................Pending case

Wendibob...K3.......I-601.............CIMT..............5th/Jan/06.......................Pending case...

Anymore updates please let me know.... Cya Guys Later.. :thumbs:

BaileyJ....Did you post your hardship letter on the immigrant2us.net 601 Forum? if so thats a nice letter...

also not sure if you have checked out but there was a reply on there you still have not got back to one member...

Thanks

Nige.. :thumbs:

Edited by nigel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.