Rocio

returned as undeliverable????

29 posts in this topic

Still no changes for me and my portfolio.

If I see anything I will for sure let you know.

2 weeks will fly by.

Adjustment of Status 2008

May 6, 2008 ~~~~~~~ I751 package mailed to Vermont

May 17, 2008 ~~~~~~~~Check Cashed

May 19, 2008 ~~~~~~~~ NOA1

June 20, 2008 ~~~~~~~ Fingerprinting appointment

April 1, 2009 ~~~~~~~~ APPROVED!!!!

K-1 Visa

October 11, 2005 ~~~~~ Mailed I129F (Vermont)

October 25, 2005 ~~~~~ NOA2 in email (yay)

February 8, 2006 ~~~~~ Interview Day! APPROVED!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

March 27, 2006 ~~~~~~ Mailed AOS, EAD, AP to Chicago

March 29, 2006 ~~~~~~ AOS, EAD, AP arrives at Chicago Lockbox

March 31, 2006 ~~~~~~~ NOA's for all 3

April 18, 2006 ~~~~~~ Biometrics Appointment in Providence

May 15, 2006 ~~~~~~ RFE in the mail-more financial info

May 26, 2006 ~~~~~~ AOS touched

June 19, 2006 ~~~~~ EAD Card in the mail

July 27, 2006 ~~~~~ Interview for Green Card

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Due to my profession, I deal with the IRS quite a bit. Sometimes, when we receive mail, the address is completely screwed up. Most often the address has a whole bunch of symbols instead of numbers. Kinda like if someone held down the shift key on the keyboard while typing numbers.

My belief is that the printer that prints out the letters sometimes starts glitching and starts printing out symbols instead of numbers.

When we call, the person always tells us the address is correct on file. Therefore, the error must have occured during the priniting process.

Maybe it is same situation for the USCIS.

Removal of Conditions (I-751)

August 16/08: VSC received I-751

August 22/08: check cashed (certainly did not waste any time)

September 11/08: Received NOA 1

September 15/08: Rec'd Biometrics Appointment Letter

October 02/08: Biometrics Completed

March 04/09: File transferred to CSC

June 01/09: Letter stating Petition Approved and Card Production ordered

July 12/09: Card Production ordered e-mail

July 13/09: Received card in the mail

AOS

March 27/06: Sent I-485

March 31/06: NOA 1

April 4/06: Rec'd NOA 1

April 5&6/06: Touched

May 4/06: Rec'd Biometrics Appointment Letter

May 23/06: Biometrics Appointment

May 26/06: Touched

July 22/06: Rec'd Appointment for Interview

Sept 12/06: Interview

Sept 18/06: Rec'd Welcome to USA letter

Sept 26/06: Rec'd Green Card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Has anyone ever offered a theory as to why these pieces of mail are returned as undeliverable even if they are valid, longtime addresses? Especially if other USCIS mail is delivered without a problem, but one piece inexplicably goes missing?

Actually, I do have a theory. Last year I received my renewal AP and I was extremely surprised - and impressed -that the Post Office delivered it. The reason? The ink on the address was so badly smeared that the name was illegible, the City and state were illegible, and only part of the street address - including the number, and the zip code were legible if you took the trouble to look closely. It looked like something was placed on top of the ink while it was still wet and pulled past as the smear extended across the whole envelope. I tested the ink - it was not water soluable so it means that whatever smeared the ink happened at the source just after the label/envelope had been printed. It originated from Lee's Summit, Missouri and was postmarked Oct 17, 2005.

If they haven't fixed the machinery that prints and stamps envelopes I can well see other envelopes being smeared in such a way as to make the address illegible - and thus undeliverable.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Has anyone ever offered a theory as to why these pieces of mail are returned as undeliverable even if they are valid, longtime addresses? Especially if other USCIS mail is delivered without a problem, but one piece inexplicably goes missing?

Actually, I do have a theory. Last year I received my renewal AP and I was extremely surprised - and impressed -that the Post Office delivered it. The reason? The ink on the address was so badly smeared that the name was illegible, the City and state were illegible, and only part of the street address - including the number, and the zip code were legible if you took the trouble to look closely. It looked like something was placed on top of the ink while it was still wet and pulled past as the smear extended across the whole envelope. I tested the ink - it was not water soluable so it means that whatever smeared the ink happened at the source just after the label/envelope had been printed. It originated from Lee's Summit, Missouri and was postmarked Oct 17, 2005.

If they haven't fixed the machinery that prints and stamps envelopes I can well see other envelopes being smeared in such a way as to make the address illegible - and thus undeliverable.

That's really bad, as it causes people get denied for not showing up for interview or biometrics appointments, because they never get their appointments letters. Uscis neglect and carelessness keeps surprising me more and more...

They always do that to important documents. As for bills even with the wrong apt. number, it never go missing. thats how crazy these people are.

Canadian came into United States as a visitor

11.01.05 - sent out i-765, i-485, i-130

11.16.05 - rec'd NOAs

12.27.05 - rec'd an appointment for AOS biometrics

01.02.06 - rec'd an appointment for biometrics

01.04.06 - completed biometrics & fingerprints for both AOS and EAD

01.10.06 - *touch*

01.12.06 - ead approved!!!

01.17.06 - ead card rec'd

01.18.06 - applied for ssn

01.27.06 - rec'd ssn

03.24.06 - rec'd interview date for May 02!!

05.02.06 - AOS APPROVED!!!

05-06.06 - rec'd Welcome Letter

05-12-06 - GREENCARD rec'd.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

does anyone have the email for MSC? or who do i call for my EAD card i had an email for undeliverable letter which is not real cos i havent changed my address since i got to usa...........

i posted this and i am concern now that i get problems for this issue i read about some deniels for not showing up for interview when they never got the letter so anyway

does anyone have the email to inquire about my EAD??

i applied with my AOS together at chicago lockbox i dont know where it is now but my case starts with msc, i had biometrics is providence my dc is boston

thanks in advance

09-14-2010 Boston's biggest ceremony of naturalization, I'm a citizen now! :)

1.png

that happened to me as well all my NOA1s and my marriage ceritificate.

I went to post office and they said their computer does that sometimes(what the!!) for no reason.

I'm not sure how the USPS works, but I guess before mailman comes to our mailbox, computer sorts mail and distribute?

So they erase all my information in the computer and put my name again! for sure this time it works.

Ever since that I haven't got any letter from uscis yet, I just did my biometircs today and I hope I get my EAD soon, what if it returns to USCIS as nondiliverable? don't want to think about it.

*Last Journey Started*

N-400

2009. 5. 6 Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

2009. 5.15 Check Cashed

2009. 5.18 Recvd NOA1, NOA date is 5/13/09

2009. 6.16 Biometrics done

2009. 9.14 Interview - Passed!

2009. 9.21 Oath

Finally done with USCIS... FOREVER I hope

does anyone have the email for MSC? or who do i call for my EAD card i had an email for undeliverable letter which is not real cos i havent changed my address since i got to usa...........

i posted this and i am concern now that i get problems for this issue i read about some deniels for not showing up for interview when they never got the letter so anyway

i applied with my AOS together at chicago lockbox i dont know where it is now but my case starts with msc, i had biometrics is providence my dc is boston

thanks in advance

Maybe you should go for an infopass appointment if it's not too far away from you, and explain them what happened and your worries. They might help.

Or you can contact your congressman and ask for help, they can make an inquiry(?) for your case and find out what was in that undeliverable letter, this way you won't miss on any important information that might have been in that letter. From my own experience I know congressmen can be quite helpful with finding out information about your case.

Timeline

thanks in advance

Maybe you should go for an infopass appointment if it's not too far away from you, and explain them what happened and your worries. They might help.

Or you can contact your congressman and ask for help, they can make an inquiry(?) for your case and find out what was in that undeliverable letter, this way you won't miss on any important information that might have been in that letter. From my own experience I know congressmen can be quite helpful with finding out information about your case.

i tried calling uscis and asking for a supervisor, unfortunally system was down, also supervisor said she was not an immigration officer so i guess she wouldnt be able to help me anyway

i will try calling again tomorrow just in case and i will get an infopass and see what happens

1.png

We had an RFE that we never received. I suspect it was never sent.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline
We had an RFE that we never received. I suspect it was never sent.

i wonder myself the same, what could possible they be sending me 4 days after my biometrics???, i mean they say letter was returned this monday so i assume they sent it friday, i had my biometrics just last tuesday..........

1.png

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

The Twilight USCIS Zone

Or the Twilight USPS Zone. Grrr @ the USPS. :angry:

im gonna print the uscis email and show it to my mailman he is a nice guy perhaps can find out for me hmmmm mission imposible?

I'm having the same problem with my husband's I-765 and I-485. When we made an error the applications were returned without a problem. We received an NOA for the I-765 but not for the I-485 (filed at a different center).

We found out that the Chicago office made a typo on our address, but its only one letter that shouldn't throw the mailman off. The other application, I-765 has the right address but somehow nothing they send arrives.

I'm beginning to think nothing was ever sent. This is just a way to explain incompetence.

- 1/05 While applying to grad school, fiance and I do research and gather from friends' experiences that it should only take 3 months to a k-1 visa. Summer wedding here we come!

- Early 2/05, fiance mails his signed copy of the 325 to me (don't know if this step was necessary)

- Late 2/05, Signed 325 lost in mail. Fiance resends signed 325

- 3/4/05, 325 and 129 packet sent to Vermont Center

- 4/3/05, packet returned...I put the wrong amount on the check

- 4/4/05, packet resent

- 4/8/05, USIC sends notice of receipt/action (my mother begins suggesting names for her grandchildren)

- 5/06, Received Notice of Approval dated 5/03

- 5/12, Received notice that petition would be sent in 1 week to embassy in Dakar

-6/3, No longer trust postal system, I send complete Affidavit of Support package with co-worker traveling to Dakar

-6/8, Fiance receives his packet 3 instructions and forms Yeah!!!

-6/9, Fiance called new embassy visa hotline and got interview date for Sept. 12

-6/12, Visa approved and picked up on 6/14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.