w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

UK Minister warns of inbreeding in British Pakistanis

123 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
You also increase you chances of birth defects with increasing age, and by marrying within your own race. So, you should marry someone of another race and have your kids when the mother is young. That's why I married an Asian woman 25 years younger than me! :lol:

Actually, it is mainly Down Syndrome that increases with age (aged eggs) the majority of other birth defects can happen at any age. :)

Interestingly enough, the other Trisomies (specifically Trisomy 13 and Trisomy 18) seem to occur in younger women rather than the over 36 age occurance for Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21). These are much "nastier" syndromes to have too and tend to be incompatible with life.

incompatible with life => miscarriage ?

Or born but dies within a few days/months after birth.

Trisomy 18 abnormalities:

1. Clenched hand, with overlap of the 2nd and 5th fingers, over the 3rd and 4th

2. Inter uterine growth retardation (IUGR)

3. Rocker bottom feet (soles of the feet resemble the shape of a boat or a "rocker bottom chair")

4. Micrognathia, prominent occiput, micro-ophthalmia (small jaw, skull enlarged at the back, eye problem)

5. Low set ears

6. Caridac defects, such as VSD, ASD and PDA

7. "Strawberry shaped" calvarium (jaw and skull)

8. Generalized muscle spasticity (low muscle tone)

9. Renal anomalies

10. Mental retardation

Trisomy 13 abnormalities:

1. Holoprosencephaly (failure of the embryo's forebrain to divide to form properly, causes facial disfigurement etc)

2. Polydactly (extra digits - hands or feet)

3. Seizures

4. Deafness

5. Microcephaly (small head and brain)

6. Midline Cleft lip

7. Midline Cleft palate

8. Abnormal ears

9. Sloping forehead

10. Omphalocele (abdominal wall defect in which the intestines, liver protrude from abdomen)

11. Cardiac and renal anomalies

12. Mental retardation.

You will find online that many parents claim to have had children with these syndromes that are still living. However, these children are very likely to be mosaic Trisomy 18 or 13. This means their syndrome is only present in certain body tissues, hence the watered down versions of the syndrome - which can mean that these children have a lifespan of some sort.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also increase you chances of birth defects with increasing age, and by marrying within your own race. So, you should marry someone of another race and have your kids when the mother is young. That's why I married an Asian woman 25 years younger than me! :lol:

Actually, it is mainly Down Syndrome that increases with age (aged eggs) the majority of other birth defects can happen at any age. :)

Interestingly enough, the other Trisomies (specifically Trisomy 13 and Trisomy 18) seem to occur in younger women rather than the over 36 age occurance for Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21). These are much "nastier" syndromes to have too and tend to be incompatible with life.

incompatible with life => miscarriage ?

Or born but dies within a few days/months after birth.

Trisomy 18 abnormalities:

1. Clenched hand, with overlap of the 2nd and 5th fingers, over the 3rd and 4th

2. Inter uterine growth retardation (IUGR)

3. Rocker bottom feet (soles of the feet resemble the shape of a boat or a "rocker bottom chair")

4. Micrognathia, prominent occiput, micro-ophthalmia (small jaw, skull enlarged at the back, eye problem)

5. Low set ears

6. Caridac defects, such as VSD, ASD and PDA

7. "Strawberry shaped" calvarium (jaw and skull)

8. Generalized muscle spasticity (low muscle tone)

9. Renal anomalies

10. Mental retardation

Trisomy 13 abnormalities:

1. Holoprosencephaly (failure of the embryo's forebrain to divide to form properly, causes facial disfigurement etc)

2. Polydactly (extra digits - hands or feet)

3. Seizures

4. Deafness

5. Microcephaly (small head and brain)

6. Midline Cleft lip

7. Midline Cleft palate

8. Abnormal ears

9. Sloping forehead

10. Omphalocele (abdominal wall defect in which the intestines, liver protrude from abdomen)

11. Cardiac and renal anomalies

12. Mental retardation.

You will find online that many parents claim to have had children with these syndromes that are still living. However, these children are very likely to be mosaic Trisomy 18 or 13. This means their syndrome is only present in certain body tissues, hence the watered down versions of the syndrome - which can mean that these children have a lifespan of some sort.

Wow! Tons of great information!

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Timeline
Fact: 26 states allow first cousin marriages; Most people can marry their cousin in the US.

Fact: US prohibitions against cousin marriages predate modern genetics. Hmmm.

Fact: In the first quarter of 2000, two delegates in Maryland introduced a bill that would prohibit first cousin marriage. This bill passed in the House of Delegates (82 to 46), however did not make it past the Senate Committee. Please remember Delegates Heller and Barve in the next election. The sponsors of the bill claim that a large ratio of out-of-state couples come to Maryland to get married – perhaps cousin couples. Their bill would have stifled revenues from marriage licenses while imposing ridiculous marriage restrictions.

Fact: No European country prohibits marriage between first cousins. It is also legal throughout Canada and Mexico to marry your cousin. The USA is the only western country with cousin marriage restrictions.

Fact: Children of non-related couples have a 2-3% risk of birth defects, as opposed to first cousins having a 4-6% risk. Genetic counseling is available for those couples that may be at a special risk for birth defects (e.g. You have a defect that runs in your family) In plain terms first cousins have at a 94 percent + chance of having healthy children. Check the links section for more information on genetic counselors. The National Society of Genetic Counselors estimated the increased risk for first cousins is between 1.7 to 2.8 percent, or about the same a any woman over 40 years of age.

Fact: Second cousins have little, if any increased chance of having children with birth defects, per the book "Clinical Genetics Handbook”– courtesy of the March of Dimes.

Fact: The frequency of cousin marriages in the USA is about 1 in 1,000

Fact: The frequency of cousin marriages in Japan is about 4 in 1,000

Fact: It is estimated that 20 percent of all couples worldwide are first cousins. It is also estimated that 80 percent of all marriages historically have been between first cousins!

Fact: In some cultures, the term cousin and mate are synonymous.

Fact: The range of consanguinity in Saudi Arabia is between 34 to 80+ percent. A study has been done on birth defects resulting from consanguineous marriages in this country. Read about it.

Fact: Albert Einstein married his first cousin. And so did Charles Darwin, who had exceptional children.

Fact: Franklin D. Roosevelt, the longest serving US president in history married his cousin (not a first cousin, however they shared the same last name).

Fact: The first Prime Minister of Canada, Sir John A. MacDonald married his first cousin.

Fact: Leviticus 18 lists all forbidden sexual relationships. Cousin relationships are not included.

Fact: God commanded many cousins to marry, including Zelophehad's 5 daughters, Eleazar's daughters, Jacob (who married both Rachel and Leah, first cousins), and Isaac and Rebekkah (first cousins once removed). All were ancestors of Jesus Christ.

Fact: Current studies indicate that cousin couples have a lower ratio of miscarriages -- perhaps because body chemistry of cousins is more similar. The verdict is still out.

source

Fact: I didn't read this post

Fact: People are getting overly touchy about a simple article.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I don't care who marries whom. As long as they don't go after one of my cats I'm happy. :P

maybe one already did, you do have a cat with more than 5 toes :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
I don't care who marries whom. As long as they don't go after one of my cats I'm happy. :P

Well, Charles, the average cat does have more than five toes. :P B) Sassy, however, has more than 5 toes on a single foot. In total she has 7 on each front foot and five on each of her back feet.

She's beautiful. :D

Timeline

Well, Charles, the average cat does have more than five toes. :P B) Sassy, however, has more than 5 toes on a single foot. In total she has 7 on each front foot and five on each of her back feet.

see, proof it's already happening :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

She's not Pakistani though. :P

Timeline

how can you tell? do they have a label on them as to country of origin? :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Yes, Didn't you know that? :lol:

Many cats have Made In China stamped on their, well, you know. :P

Timeline

Yes, Didn't you know that? :lol:

Many cats have Made In China stamped on their, well, you know. :P

:o so that explains why i can't understand a thing my cat says!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *