Udella&Wiz

Scrapbooking thread

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi folks - I thought I'd start a thread and see if anyone had ideas to contribute.

I feel like such a little old lady talking about scrapbooking, but I wanted to make my wedding album look really spectacular so I meandered through Michael's last night looking at all the cool stuff I could do.

Have you tried it? Have any pictures of stuff you've done? Have any tips on products to use?

The supplies looked so fun...stickers and vellum and a million types of pretty papers and stamps....oooh, did I mention STICKERS???

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi folks - I thought I'd start a thread and see if anyone had ideas to contribute.

I feel like such a little old lady talking about scrapbooking, but I wanted to make my wedding album look really spectacular so I meandered through Michael's last night looking at all the cool stuff I could do.

Have you tried it? Have any pictures of stuff you've done? Have any tips on products to use?

The supplies looked so fun...stickers and vellum and a million types of pretty papers and stamps....oooh, did I mention STICKERS???

I bought the scrapbooking kit from the shopping channel and never used it, it's time intensive stuff! I hope you will share your pages with us when you do them :thumbs:

347308_BGPK.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I scrapbook and make my own greeting cards all the time. I have 3 full scrapbooks of just Jamaica pictures and I honestly believe they helped solidify our case at the embassy. I have done about 15 full 12 x 12 scrapbooks thus far, the last being for my grandmother's funeral.

I scrap any pictures I take. This is the 2 pages I did for a St. Louis VJ meet up we had a few months ago......

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...528907_0002.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...528907_0001.jpg

Some of my son's soccer team:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...239276_0002.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...239276_0001.jpg

Supplies can be as creative and inexpensive as your imagination allows. I LOVE to go to the hardware store and the fabric store for think out of the box supplies.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I scrapbook and make my own greeting cards all the time. I have 3 full scrapbooks of just Jamaica pictures and I honestly believe they helped solidify our case at the embassy. I have done about 15 full 12 x 12 scrapbooks thus far, the last being for my grandmother's funeral.

I scrap any pictures I take. This is the 2 pages I did for a St. Louis VJ meet up we had a few months ago......

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...528907_0002.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...528907_0001.jpg

Some of my son's soccer team:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...239276_0002.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...239276_0001.jpg

Supplies can be as creative and inexpensive as your imagination allows. I LOVE to go to the hardware store and the fabric store for think out of the box supplies.

Nice job! :thumbs:

Timeline
Those are really cute pages Jomo's! I really like the text you added for the VJ meet up.

We file for removal of conditions in August of this year. I've made sure to keep up with these events pages and color copy them for submission. It's more important then ever that we show ourselves out and about with friends and family.

A Canadian friend e-mailed me her dad's obit and I made 3 of these for her and her family....

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...024955_0001.jpg

She framed them.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys! Im a scrapper and a cardmaker...love it! totally addicted, have been doing it for about 8 years... A couple of years ago I joined a great site called Scrapbook.com, its alot of fun and all my girlfriends from home are on it and it makes us feel like were still scrappin together..If you look in my signature theres a link for my gallery of layouts on scrapbook.com...I havent been able to do it for a few months too consumed with this process and VJ!..LOL... in fact Im going with my girlfriends to a Scrapbooking convention in September in Las Vegas, cant wait!

Im a manager at the Craft store previously mentioned in this thread and you can imagine all the "treasures" I bring home on a daily basis!!!...LOL..might as well just sign my check back over some weeks..LOL

I started a scrapbooking thread when I first joined VJ no one replied...so happy to finally see others that have an interest in it! Cant wait to see the pages you create about your "Visa Journey's".. and wedding pics! :dance:

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Timeline

Gorgeous pages...both Kimmbo and Jomo's Girl

So ...my first question:

I bought an album for the wedding specifically...thinking it was the type of page where I could slip mine into the clear plastic cover.

However...I must have picked up the wrong one...because these pages are bound in, no clear plastic envelopy cover...they sort of have edge protectors attached. So now...what do I do with the pretty paper I bought...do I cut it down and glue it to these pages? Or could I buy the edge protectors for my existing pages?

I liked the idea of finishing a page then slipping it into the protective sleeve which was already attached to the album spine...maybe I ma just a noobcake, who knows

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Wow, I was just going to post a thread about it myself ...... :D

I thought I would never ever scrap book until last week !

I wanted to make an album of us for the second interview, just kind of throw it together but of course I can't ever throw something together

without going overboard.

I already spend about $ 80 on my little project........where did the money go :blush: and last night I worked on it until 3am. :rolleyes:

I absolutely love it and find myself looking through it with a smile on my face everyday.

I like to get the individual background paper to match the photo's color and theme and go crazy from there with all the little stickers and stuff.

You can always get just " one more, one last thing " on it can't ya ?!

Timeline
Gorgeous pages...both Kimmbo and Jomo's Girl

So ...my first question:

I bought an album for the wedding specifically...thinking it was the type of page where I could slip mine into the clear plastic cover.

However...I must have picked up the wrong one...because these pages are bound in, no clear plastic envelopy cover...they sort of have edge protectors attached. So now...what do I do with the pretty paper I bought...do I cut it down and glue it to these pages? Or could I buy the edge protectors for my existing pages?

I liked the idea of finishing a page then slipping it into the protective sleeve which was already attached to the album spine...maybe I ma just a noobcake, who knows

I'm guessing two words............CREATIVE MEMORIES.......that sounds like one of their albums.

You will have to cut the paper to fit on the page. With the edges on those pagess, if it is indeed CM, I have found that the available scrapping room is not a true 7x7, 8.5 x 11, or 12 x 12. Just trim it down. I've done a handful of CM books and I also like to use just 1/2 sheets of paper on the pages and take advantage of the white already there. You can do a lot of nice things with those books. I'm not overly fond of the pages in there and am not happy with the page protectors; but I do love the covers. They hold up really well.

Also, if it is CM, you need to contact the dealer or the website and buy the page protectors for those pages. IMO, they aren't the best and hold up so/so; but it is better then nothing.

After extensive personal research, my favorite albums are from Close to my Heart. The best page protectors I can find.............Top loading page protectors, strong as anything. And, a true 9x9, 8.5x11, or 12x12 size so the papers slide right in. Love, love, LOVE them!!!!!

I almost exclusively purchase from Close to My Heart, Stampin' Up, my local scrapbook store (For Keeps Sake), Michaels or JoAnn Fabric ( for ribbon) or Archivers.

I have some wedding pictures scraped. If I ever remember to bring them in, I'll scan the pages and post.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Here's a couple of my cards.....

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...346075_0001.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...614356_0004.jpg

I probably made over a thousand cards during the K-1 process to keep me busy and not thinking about missing Andre and all that stress.

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I ended up returning that one and getting another 'pocketed type' and then I had loads of fun looking at all the neat little things I could do to a page. I have done 3 so far - 2 for our honeymoon and then 1 for my daughter's 16th birthday last month. I like the honeymoon pages better myself.

The right tools make all the difference, I know that I'll be back to buy lots more. I will defintely try some of the rubbings and vellum in the future. My husband looked around to sse if there were any scrapbooking stores other then Michael's and low and behold, there is one just down the road from us - very dangerous indeed :devil: - he surprised me by taking a wrong turn into the industrial warehouse area near our house and pulled up to this little store. Quite big inside, nothing fancy, but I could easily spend hours in there!

http://www.scrapbooks-plus.com/

I joined scrapbook.com as mentioned by Kimmbo, lots of really good forums and suggestions there too

Here's my gallery so far:

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php...e=-1&page=1

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Very nice pages.

I'm not fond of rub ons. Love vellum. The thing you have to get under control is using what you buy. I went through stages where I had to have everything and anything and I stockpiled it like if the world was nearly wiped out tomorrow, I would have enough scrapbooking/card making supplies to last until repopulation occurred. I have since forced myself to use everything and anything I have. It's been a fun challenge.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.