Robyn-n-Kris

Question of Evidence

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
I am curious though. Do they want to see the entire copy of the passport to include blank pages???

I copied the blank pages cause they have the page number written on it although when I copied it the page number never turned up... oh well, USCIS gets a few pages of similiar empty looking passport pages... I also sent my short birth certificate as well so i dont anticipate any problems with that

Emmett Fitz-Hume: I'm sorry I'm late, I had to attend the reading of a will. I had to stay till the very end, and I found out I received nothing... broke my arm.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In regard to your question about copying your passport for proof of meeting, I suggest making a copy of the page with the actual photo ID and a copy of the page(s) with the stamps which serve as evidence of arriving in the country on a particular date. There is no need to copy any other pages. That's what I did, and there were no problems with approval.

Not to beat a dead horse, but at this point they are only interested in proof that you have (physically) met within the last two years. Aside from question 19 (marriage broker), they don't care "how" you met initially in the sense of "did you meet online?, did you meet at a conference?, etc." IMHO, when they ask you to describe the circumstances under which you met, they are referring to that "in-person" meeting.....did you go to visit your loved one at his/her home? Did you vacation together somewhere? That type of thing. At least, that's what I wrote (short and sweet), and there was no RFE or delay in approval.

That just my opinion.....I could be wrong! (for those who don't recognize the quote....Dennis Miller).

Good luck to you!

Filed: Timeline
In regard to your question about copying your passport for proof of meeting, I suggest making a copy of the page with the actual photo ID and a copy of the page(s) with the stamps which serve as evidence of arriving in the country on a particular date. There is no need to copy any other pages. That's what I did, and there were no problems with approval.

Thank you for sharing this info, because this is what I did too (I'm the beneficiary). Unfortunately, the boarding passes I had kept (some showing that my fiancé and I were on the same flight to DC) don't show the year - but the dates on my passport stamps coincide with those on the passes, so there should be no problems. On any account, if we get an RFE, we'll try to dig up some more evidence - namely some bank statements of mine showing withdrawals from ATMs in the area where my fiancé lives, and a receipt for the purchase of a cellphone in my name.

Filed: Other Timeline

Not to beat a dead horse, but at this point they are only interested in proof that you have (physically) met within the last two years. Aside from question 19 (marriage broker), they don't care "how" you met initially in the sense of "did you meet online?, did you meet at a conference?, etc." IMHO, when they ask you to describe the circumstances under which you met, they are referring to that "in-person" meeting.....did you go to visit your loved one at his/her home? Did you vacation together somewhere? That type of thing. At least, that's what I wrote (short and sweet), and there was no RFE or delay in approval.

That just my opinion.....I could be wrong! (for those who don't recognize the quote....Dennis Miller).

Good luck to you!

Don - There have been reports on this website and others of RFE's for that very thing - not explaining how the couple initially met - how the relationship began. They are rare, but they have been reported.

Thanks again for the wealth of info everyone. I think at this point I'll print what i can (its his passport i don't have one yet) as well as the copies of his boarding pass, plane ticket etc as well as the letter that states how we met initially and our face to face time spent together. I pray its enough and will hope that no RFEs come along LOL

Timeline

Good luck to you!

Don - There have been reports on this website and others of RFE's for that very thing - not explaining how the couple initially met - how the relationship began. They are rare, but they have been reported.

Anything is possible. :) And of course it doesn't hurt to briefly describe how the initial meeting took place. My understanding is that it's not necessary. All that I can do is relate my experience, and I haven't personally heard or seen of anyone getting an RFE "solely" for that reason. But, I'll wager that you've seen many more posts here than I have, and I don't doubt what you say.

Good comment....thank you!

That's what this board is all about......

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
I am curious though. Do they want to see the entire copy of the passport to include blank pages???

I copied the whole thing, blank pages, cover, everything.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: Timeline

I copied the whole thing, blank pages, cover, everything.

You only need to include an entire copy of the USC's passport (including blank pages) if you are using it in lieu of a birth certificate. If you are sending a copy of the beneficiary's passport for proof of meeting, you only need send the relevant pages, which would typicall be the first page with photo and identifying information plus any relevant pages with visas and entry/exit stamps.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Good luck to you!

Anything is possible. :) And of course it doesn't hurt to briefly describe how the initial meeting took place. My understanding is that it's not necessary. All that I can do is relate my experience, and I haven't personally heard or seen of anyone getting an RFE "solely" for that reason. But, I'll wager that you've seen many more posts here than I have, and I don't doubt what you say.

Actually, a brief description of the circumstances of meeting is a definite requirement. The question is asked on the I-129F itself. The answer could be a brief as, "We were introduced in June 2007 by a friend when I was traveling through Rome." but it is absolutely required. The "evidence" backs up the claim.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Good luck to you!

Actually, a brief description of the circumstances of meeting is a definite requirement. The question is asked on the I-129F itself. The answer could be a brief as, "We were introduced in June 2007 by a friend when I was traveling through Rome." but it is absolutely required. The "evidence" backs up the claim.

Agree completely. The point I was trying to make was is that I believe "the circumstances under which you met" in question 18 on the I-129F refers to the in-person meeting within the last two years and not to the initial meeting (which may or may not be one and the same). However, the best course of action would be to describe both (or maybe there have been multiple occasions....so much the better), and the example that you gave is, I believe, entirely adequate.

Excellent discussion!

I kind of planned on covering all bases and include how we met initially (ie over the net etc) and our first face to face meeting. Would rather be safe than sorry. Oh and i'm sending the actual parts of the passport as well as copies of his BC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi Robyn,

Sorry, I missed if you were USC or your fiance. If he's the UK citizen, they don't actually need his birth certificate for anything. If he's the US citizen, my advice is to make sure the birth certificate is the 'long version' or 'long form' rather than like a little card-sized one. I only had the card one, which is 'short' apparently, someone got an RFE for that, so I supplemented it with all of my passport pages.

If the passport is to prove citizenship then you need to copy ALL pages. If it's' just to show travel stamps, you only need those particular pages, plus I guess the page with his/your pic and ID too.

Try not to worry so much! It sounds like you have everything together. You're only having met once shouldn't be a problem in the slightest and it's fine to get an RFE - it seems like lots of people get them for kind of random and inconsistent reasons, but it's usually not a problem and only slows you down a couple weeks.

Good luck!

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.