~~~water~~~

menu ideas for reception

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We are going to do a low cost (hopefullly) reception... I want to have arabic style food, there is no kitchen on site. Heres my plan I have 6 friends who will make 1 dish each. I expect 45-60 people. chesses , veggie tray cous cousie, green salad, baba ganuk, hummus, dolmas, meatballs in warmer, arabic pickles, fruit in season, pasta salad, baked brie, pita and breads any more ideas ????

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

hummus, cookies, small cakes, baklava, ...can't forget dessert (even if there is cake, imho. hehe)

make sure to have lots of pita bread and crackers for dipping in the salads and the cheese... maybe some nuts.... what time shall we all be there? :P

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

Trader Joes has awesome baklava!!!! Or go to your local Arab market and get some premade desserts there to bring! Are you having a cake? OMG I'm starving and I have two more hours to go at work! :blink:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

your all invited :)

K1 process

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

AOS

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/29/08 AP touch

6/02/08 AP in hand

9/02/08 AOS interview

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

good idea, bridget. go to your local arabic market and buy the baklava and things that taste good there! will definitely save time and probably money in the long run. making baklava can be kind of a pain in the #######!

ps. i've bought and ate the entire box of trader joe's baklava before. i stay away now!

2ps. actually.. if you have it... i noticed a huge tray of baklava at costco recently and it looked good (but i didn't try it)

Edited by sereia

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Sounds great so far !

:thumbs:

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

what about some homemade falafel? Its very filling so you don't need too much. Lots of different breads and dips are always well received, and maybe some kibbeh or simple chicken kebobs. Ooh and some yummy tahini. Im an event planner and did a lot of events in Cairo and Dubai so I could go on forever !!!

Timeline
what about some homemade falafel? Its very filling so you don't need too much. Lots of different breads and dips are always well received, and maybe some kibbeh or simple chicken kebobs. Ooh and some yummy tahini. Im an event planner and did a lot of events in Cairo and Dubai so I could go on forever !!!

please more ideas :)

K1 process

AOS

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/29/08 AP touch

6/02/08 AP in hand

9/02/08 AOS interview

Hmm..how about a shawerma kind of thing? I don't think its toooo hard to make (but I've never tried so I have no idea)

have some hot tea :) num num num ...

zait

zaatar

labneh

hummos

ok, i'm hungry

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
We are going to do a low cost (hopefullly) reception... I want to have arabic style food, there is no kitchen on site. Heres my plan I have 6 friends who will make 1 dish each. I expect 45-60 people. chesses , veggie tray cous cousie, green salad, baba ganuk, hummus, dolmas, meatballs in warmer, arabic pickles, fruit in season, pasta salad, baked brie, pita and breads any more ideas ????

moroccan mint-teani!!!!

i forget how to make it but i think its with vodka - I had it in a posh moroccan restaurant in london

it was delicious!

that is if you are having alcohol at your party, if you are not, then just mint tea!

Timeline

moroccan mint-teani!!!!

i forget how to make it but i think its with vodka - I had it in a posh moroccan restaurant in london

it was delicious!

that is if you are having alcohol at your party, if you are not, then just mint tea!

At the cafe's we went to in Alexandria they would bring us the tea and along with it they brought a small dish of fresh mint leaves. I thought that was so nice and it just added an extra special touch to the table. :luv:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

I think its important to remember that you should get food that will hold up well. Falafel, unless eating hot out of the fryer doesn't taste as great and also has a tendency to spoil quickly.

I would also stick with a theme. If you are choosing middle eastern food then I would skip the cheeses, baked brie, pasta salad and couscous.

I reccomend this menu:

Appitizers:

Hummos

Baba Ghanouj

Assorted Pickles

Tabouleh Salad (instead of green salad)

Veggie Dolmas (you can actually get these canned and they are not bad)

Mixed nuts

Main dishes:

Kufta meatballs instead of regualr meatballs

Rice w/ roasted pine nuts and almonds

Kababs or arabic style roasted chicken quarters or cornish hens

Roasted veggies & potatoes

Dessert:

Baklava

Cake

Coffee/Tea

Although many of the suggestions here are delicious, they are very homelike and should not be served at a wedding regardless of the size. I can make a meal out of zait & zaatar but I would be shocked to see it at a wedding. Shawerma is good but since it is sliced thin, it will dry out and get cold quickly.

Good luck! If you need any recipes I have plenty and so do the girls around here.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.