11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I had my AOS interview two days ago and the interview went very well but the IO said that everything looked good and that they will get back to us in about a month she took my EAD, Passport and I-94. She then returned my passport and EAD but kept the I-94. I know that many people get approval right away but I didn't get approved or denied. Is this common? My online status also hasn't changed.

Thanks in Advance.

Don't sweat it. We got the approval a week later. I would give them at least a month before asking questions.

Thank you. I was really confused cuz I thought they were supposed to approve you right away. So you got an approval e-mail a week later? How long did it take you to receive your GC?

Our IO said everything looked good, but no matter how many times we asked her "are we approved?" she couldn't come out with a "yes" but other answers. She allowed my husband to keep the EAD, and took out the I-94 out of his passport. I kept checking the online status and nothing was happening so I was getting worried. After 2 weeks we got the email approval notice. As you can see from my timeline below it was about 3 weeks from interview until the time we got the GC. So don't worry, it should be coming soon.

Did they tell you whether or not you've cleared the FBI namecheck?

12140.gif

Our IO said everything looked good, but no matter how many times we asked her "are we approved?" she couldn't come out with a "yes" but other answers. She allowed my husband to keep the EAD, and took out the I-94 out of his passport. I kept checking the online status and nothing was happening so I was getting worried. After 2 weeks we got the email approval notice. As you can see from my timeline below it was about 3 weeks from interview until the time we got the GC. So don't worry, it should be coming soon.

No she did not say anything about the FBI namecheck. Did she tell you that they were getting back to you in two weeks?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

To me Sounds Good, Wait for ur approval Notice :thumbs:

and i dont think you are on the FBI namecheck too, or she will let you know. because this what happend to me !!

Edited by Sand

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

No she did not say anything about the FBI namecheck. Did she tell you that they were getting back to you in two weeks?

Nope, she just said that she had to review the file once more before she can approve it. She said if she needed anything else, we'd get a letter in the mail. I think some IO don't have the level of authority to approve on the spot, so they must present the case to a superior officer. They approve it and the approval email goes out.

12140.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

The same thing happened to me and my hubby. It's been a week and one day since the interview and we still haven't heard anything. The IO just said that she would "probably" approve but needed to review some things in our file and that we would hear something within a few weeks. Soooo nerve wracking!

It's highly possible that the IO is new and she needed a senior officer to review the file before a final approval can be done. I've read of that happening before.

Good luck and hope that y'all get your approvals soon.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.