James

Old TSC cases transferred to VSC

1,810 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
As some of us will be nearing actual expirations of our NOA#1 within the next couple of weeks/months, has anyone been through the process of getting a renewal stamp in their passport, for the pruposes of travel? In addition, what if the green card takes forever to arrive (I have heard nightmare stories where it can take few weeks -> 6 months from the time card production is orderered, or they screw up something on the card)? I have these questions:

1. How do you go about making an INFOPASS appointment? Do you call, website?

2. After requesting an appointment, within how many days to they actually schedule the appointment? (are we talking days/weeks/months?)

Of course I have heard that you need to provide evidence at the appointment that you intend to travel (booked airline tickets).

I will have to do this for my wife in May, but I need to start making contingency plans - we are dealing with the USCIS.

Appreciate any tips/advice.

Thanks

You make your InfoPass appointment here: http://infopass.uscis.gov/.

The amount of time until your appointment would depend on your local office.

Someone mentioned somewhere that they are now requiring that you have made a service request through the customer service line and have a service request number before they'll give you an appointment, but I'm not sure about that . . . .

Meh

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Just bumping this so it doesn't get buried.... looks like we are back in waiting mode and no-one has news. :(

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just bumping this so it doesn't get buried.... looks like we are back in waiting mode and no-one has news. :(

Guten Tag fellow Okie! We are in the same boat, get the same message ever time I check case status, but I am getting tired of cutting and pasting our SRC# to the check your case status inquiry. Perhaps we will get our AOS before expiration date. I notice another post from a TSC AOS submitter who submitted late last year and was sent to the CSC.

Timeline

Guten Tag fellow Okie! We are in the same boat, get the same message ever time I check case status, but I am getting tired of cutting and pasting our SRC# to the check your case status inquiry. Perhaps we will get our AOS before expiration date. I notice another post from a TSC AOS submitter who submitted late last year and was sent to the CSC.

Why don't you register for an account and indicate that you want email notification? That way you can just login and see when you were last touched (and receive notifications via email of approval or other major developments).

Anyway, I think it's kind of odd that some of us received these "petition received" emails and others haven't, as if they are still in limbo somewhere between TSC and VSC. I can only imagine that it must mean all of us are at VSC, only some of us have been placed in an "on deck circle" or something like that. Who knows . . . .

Meh

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Why don't you register for an account and indicate that you want email notification? That way you can just login and see when you were last touched (and receive notifications via email of approval or other major developments).

Anyway, I think it's kind of odd that some of us received these "petition received" emails and others haven't, as if they are still in limbo somewhere between TSC and VSC. I can only imagine that it must mean all of us are at VSC, only some of us have been placed in an "on deck circle" or something like that. Who knows . . . .

Thanks James seems I did that previously but forgot ID and password and did the same dance all over again. Last touch 2/4/08, so I suspect that was receipt from TSC. Curious about the folks who transfered from the black hole of mesquite and have touches on 2/14/08, suspect they are on the cusp of getting good news. Incidentally, your children are too cute for words, congratulations and stay warm, freezing here in OKC with freezing rain turning to sleet, consider that as you wander around in shorts and t-shirt!

My status hasn't been updated since Feb 04 - and after reading that a lot of you have received sth on 14th I started to freak out. 'Glad' to hear though there are some others that have not heard anything since the "Transferred" notice :unsure:

Btw, I feel special to be leading the list of the TCS aka VSC loosers now :thumbs::crying:

Filed: Timeline

I FEEL FOOLISH HAVING PLACED SOME ACTUAL FAITH IN THE USCIS AFTER WE RECEIVED OUR TRANSFER NOTICE. For some reason, I truly believed we all would be approved or at least updated within weeks. Here we are three weks later without a single approval or even RFE or further touches. Could we really be back in line at VSC for another 6 months?

We have not been touched either since the initial 2/4/08 transfer notice. Nothing that the USCIS does surprises me. It seems to be a chaotic organization without any leadership. There are bright spots however. The San Antonio office is a model of efficiency and handles AOS and naturalization petitions within about 6 months of filing.

Unidos en los E.U. y estamos muy felices.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I see that everyone lost its faith.... including me… I believed that Vermont was going to be faster... but everyone else is so negative about it. Need same updates, why everyone believes that this is not happening?

filed for I751 on June 2007

last touch February 04 2008

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Timeline
My status hasn't been updated since Feb 04 - and after reading that a lot of you have received sth on 14th I started to freak out. 'Glad' to hear though there are some others that have not heard anything since the "Transferred" notice :unsure:

Btw, I feel special to be leading the list of the TCS aka VSC loosers now :thumbs::crying:

All hail A_C, King of the TSC-VSC Losers®!

But since you haven't been touched since 2/4, I have no idea what the significance is of you and others not getting the 2/14 notice that the petition was received by VSC. Obviously not a chronological thing.

Maybe there were two pickup trucks from TSC, and the one carrying your petition broke down somewhere in Kentucky.

Meh

I had mine transfered to VST from texas on january 31 ,now today they changed status to pending ,is that mean that i am on the waiting list again!!! its been almost 1 year

post-45535-1203702290_thumb.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
I had mine transfered to VST from texas on january 31 ,now today they changed status to pending ,is that mean that i am on the waiting list again!!! its been almost 1 year

Today??? Would you send us the exact paragraph??? Please!!!

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Timeline

Could be that he just checked the online status for today for the first time in over a week. No email was sent for the 2/14 touch, which says of one's current status that the "case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred."

Meh

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Could be that he just checked the online status for today for the first time in over a week. No email was sent for the 2/14 touch, which says of one's current status that the "case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred."

I still don't have that message on my case status. :(

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I did receive an email on 2/14. It could be that some people's status is just now being updated from "transferred to VSC" to "pending at service center to which it was sent" whereas other's (yours truly) have been updated last week. If this is the case, instead of approving the transferrees one by one, they may just want to approve everyone at the same time (which kind of sucks because being a March filer I don't want to be approved with an April filer on the same day - I want at least a one day lead :-).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.