plumperstillskins

FEDEX EXPERIENCE

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband and I are planning to send box of gift from here USA to Philippines and we are planning to send it thru FEDEX even that it cost too much as we know that its a reliable and safe in anywhere in the world but the purpose of my posting is a bad experience so we can look for an option, any bad comments is helpful for us to decide thank you so much in advance.

Edited by bandit1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Fedex.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

FedEx rules !! :thumbs:

The brown company ... they are brown for a reason ....

eta:

UPS is a master in destroying or screwing up packages.

FedEx ... when it needs to be there ... it is ... and in good shape.

I've used Fedex for some very important packages (including visa docs) and have never had a problem.

Edited by Natty Bumppo

FedEx is good... DHL is better...

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

the only bad thing? was that my husband paid almost $300 to send the box (size medium) to me before. the good thing though is that i got it in 4 days in one piece :thumbs: yup its expensive... when i got here i used atlas company for the balikbayan box. they dont use phil post but rather straight to your home the moment it reach to phil. yet its by boat so expect at least a month lol. paid $120 no weight limit... good luck

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

I sent Christmas presents to various family members in Canada last year. Fedex has sent each of them brokerage notices for $20 each.

I checked the box that said bill the shipper (me) any brokerage/taxes. I have yet to see ANYWHERE on their site a list of what the brokerage fees will/should cost. Phoning them twice has resulted in nothing but being transferred from one department to the next.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I sent Christmas presents to various family members in Canada last year. Fedex has sent each of them brokerage notices for $20 each.

I checked the box that said bill the shipper (me) any brokerage/taxes. I have yet to see ANYWHERE on their site a list of what the brokerage fees will/should cost. Phoning them twice has resulted in nothing but being transferred from one department to the next.

i really wonder if the expensive rates of FEDEX will be a reason to be a trustworthy, reliable and safe of any packages that you will send in any part of the world.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My husband and I are planning to send box of gift from here USA to Philippines and we are planning to send it thru FEDEX even that it cost too much as we know that its a reliable and safe in anywhere in the world but the purpose of my posting is a bad experience so we can look for an option, any bad comments is helpful for us to decide thank you so much in advance.

HI,

U DON'T NEED TO HEAR BAD COMMENTS BECAUSE THERE'S NONE.. :yes: WHEN SENDING STUFF IM SOLID FEDEX CUSTOMER :yes: EVERYTIME I WILL SEND SOMETHING TO MY HUSBAND (U.S) COZ IM STILL HERE IN P.I, FEDEX DELIVERED ALREADY BEFORE THE TIME I EXPECT IT WILL BE DELIVERED.

MY HUSBAND IS ALSO USES FEDEX THAN OTHER COURIER... (NO WORRIES THAT YOUR STUFF WILL BE DELIVERED TO ITS DESTINATION) (DONT THINK TOO MUCH ABT THE FEE, :yes: COZ ITS WORTH IT , JUST THINK THE HAPPINESS YOU WILL GIVE TO YOUR FAMILY ONCE THE PACKAGE RECEIVED IN LESS TIME AND IN GOOD CONDITION. :yes:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I much prefer FedEx to either USPS or UPS. Especially UPS, which has a terrible reputation and deservedly so. It's not uncommon for UPS carriers to claim they attempted delivery when they didn't or make bone-headed moves, such as leaving expensive packages outside on the front porch (or in front of someone's apartment door), where anyone could potentially grab them.

FedEx is the best - especially dealing with international packages. They are so much better at getting items through customs so much faster than UPS. I ship packages every day at work and we have over 60 international customers that we ship to. FedEx has the best track record for us and their customer service is outstanding. When I have a problem with a package ie. that it was sent to a wrong address or wrong level of service, FedEx can take care of the package.

Last week, I shipped something UPS (the customer's request) and when the customer wanted to change the level of service, all I heard was "unfortunately once the package has left, we cannot change it." THAT sucked. You won't have that problem with FedEx.

Our company has quit accepting packages from DHL and TNT. THEY are nightmares! Every time I hear DHL - I cringe.

I much prefer FedEx to either USPS or UPS. Especially UPS, which has a terrible reputation and deservedly so. It's not uncommon for UPS carriers to claim they attempted delivery when they didn't or make bone-headed moves, such as leaving expensive packages outside on the front porch (or in front of someone's apartment door), where anyone could potentially grab them.

This is also a problem. UPS requires the customer's phone number but will sometimes leave a package on a door step that was clearly marked "Signature Required" or they will do the opposite - NOT leave it at the door and attempt another delivery - what an inconvenience for the customer. Nine times out of ten, if they called the phone number that I put in the system, they could have delivered it the same day! BROWN IS DOWN!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI,

U DON'T NEED TO HEAR BAD COMMENTS BECAUSE THERE'S NONE.. :yes: WHEN SENDING STUFF IM SOLID FEDEX CUSTOMER :yes: EVERYTIME I WILL SEND SOMETHING TO MY HUSBAND (U.S) COZ IM STILL HERE IN P.I, FEDEX DELIVERED ALREADY BEFORE THE TIME I EXPECT IT WILL BE DELIVERED.

MY HUSBAND IS ALSO USES FEDEX THAN OTHER COURIER... (NO WORRIES THAT YOUR STUFF WILL BE DELIVERED TO ITS DESTINATION) (DONT THINK TOO MUCH ABT THE FEE, :yes: COZ ITS WORTH IT , JUST THINK THE HAPPINESS YOU WILL GIVE TO YOUR FAMILY ONCE THE PACKAGE RECEIVED IN LESS TIME AND IN GOOD CONDITION. :yes:

ONLY 2-3 DAYS , NEVER I EXPERIENCE YET THAT IT TOOK 4 DAYS, (AS FAR WITH ALL MY EXPERIENCES) IM CONTENTED WITH FEDEX.

Edited by SHAPE OF MY HEART

I never had any bad experience with FedEx. When i buy an item on line or send something important they aways seem to be on time.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM