Niels Bohr

Three years tax return?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello VJ Community (K-3)

I recently arrived in the USA via Thai Airways International from Cambodia. My wife interview was on January 10, 2008. She got a paper requesting the past three years tax return. However, I only been employed for one year and will only have my 2007 tax return. Will that be acceptable? Any guidance from a VJ member will be very appreciated. Thank you!

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Hello VJ Community (K-3)

I recently arrived in the USA via Thai Airways International from Cambodia. My wife interview was on January 10, 2008. She got a paper requesting the past three years tax return. However, I only been employed for one year and will only have my 2007 tax return. Will that be acceptable? Any guidance from a VJ member will be very appreciated. Thank you!

My question is why are they requesting three year tax returns after the interview? Was this a problem at the interview? With our interview they only requested one year. Now you are in the states why is this necessary?

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

Te amo mucho mi gran amor!!!

I-130 Application: (Filed 222 days ago) Reached 7 MONTHS

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

05/09/2007 recieved NOA I from CSC (Reached 6 MONTHS 195 days from NOA I)

05/18/2007 Filed I-129F at Chicago Office ( Filed 186 days ago) 6 MONTHS!!

05/20/2007 rec'd NOA (184 days ago for NOA I ) REACHED THE 6 MONTH MARK!!

BOTH APPLICATIONS APPROVED 11/20/2007 THANK YOU MY GOD!!

11/20/2007 Date of NOA 2 email

11/26/2007 Date of hard copy of NOA 2

12/12/07 Date NVC receives paperwork

12/14/07 K3 is sent to Lima Peru, received case number from NVC.

12/17/07 Lima Peru Embassey receives K3

01/04/08 My Honey's Medical

**** I leave today to reunite with MY HONEY!!!! ****....

01/15/08 LEAVING FOR LIMA PERU!!!

01/17/08 8:15 AM Date of Interview in Lima, Peru with my honey!

INTERVIEW WAS APPROVED!!!!

***2008 is with My Honey***********

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I am the petitioner, and my wife the beneficiary.

My wife went to her interview, and I standing outside waiting. I waited for 3 hours. Every second waiting is like 1 year of my life has gone by. She came out, and received a paper listing that under Section 221(g) her VISA is denied. However, underneath there's a box that says "You may file for a VISA Denial Rejection if you bring the following documents to us within 1 year." The documents that they need was "Past three year tax returns."

My wife was not informed how many years of tax I paid or worked. My question for those who have similar experiences with this problem. If submitting one year tax return possible, and will be accepted.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

My wife went to her interview, and I standing outside waiting. I waited for 3 hours. Every second waiting is like 1 year of my life has gone by. She came out, and received a paper listing that under Section 221(g) her VISA is denied. However, underneath there's a box that says "You may file for a VISA Denial Rejection if you bring the following documents to us within 1 year." The documents that they need was "Past three year tax returns."

My wife was not informed how many years of tax I paid or worked. My question for those who have similar experiences with this problem. If submitting one year tax return possible, and will be accepted.

You can't submit what you don't have. Submit the 1 year return that you do have and submit a letter explaining why you don't have, and can't get, the other 2.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You can't submit what you don't have. Submit the 1 year return that you do have and submit a letter explaining why you don't have, and can't get, the other 2.

I would do that, and if possible submit an I-134 from a co-sponsor including their tax return, three years if possible.

Note, a tax return is not complete without the associated W2 or 1099 forms to document the income. If you can get a letter from your employer signed on Company letterhead indicating your start date, job title and annualized salary, that would be good too.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Thank you!

Please wish me good luck. I hope they will accept that and will permit her a VISA. I'm having axiety disorder at the moment (figuratively speaking).

Good luck consolemaster! :thumbs:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.