9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

though i love my husband to bits this aos is becoming a nightmare , im starting to freak out! we didnt intend on getting married when he came here but stuff happens right ?? has anyone else done this on a spur of the moment like me and then thought what the heck did i get myself into ? most of my paperwork is done waiting to get some things together for packet still but man im still worried about how we did all of this .if it wasnt for this forum id be really lost !! lol if anyone can offer a lil ray of hope that this may work omg id love to hear how you did it. my husband cant work til i get this done and is starting to make me nuts !! lol i still dont know what all i even need to send !! any help advice or jus some support would be great !! :help:

Just breath :) You'll get through this and be thankful you dont have to be seperated for a K1 etc. As long as it was spur of the moment, you are doing everything right, so no worries there. Most of our SO's can't work when they first get here, and we make it work, so you will too. Make sure to file for his EAD and AP along with AOS, they are included in the fee. You should get those in 3 months, though my husband got his in 2, so I'll cross my fingers for you! My only advice is re-read everything 5 times, read the guides here, ask any questions you have that aren't explained in the guides and just be prepared for the unexpected :) You'll make it through as long as you 2 have a real marriage and he came to the country without intention of marrying you. Good luck!!!

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:guides: - they will help you.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Once you file for AOS, you might also try making an Infopass appointment at your local office. Some field offices will give a temp EAD stamp. Not all, and I cant promise they'll do it, but I have seen it happen for others. The worst they can say is no.

Also, some employers will accept an employee whose AOS/EAD is pending.

Been there, done that... and as the others said, relax, you'll be fine. Just make sure that you can document that this was a spur-of-the-moment decision. Besides, unless your husband has overstayed his visa VWP already, you always have the option of sending him back (and going with him?) and do the K-3 route. I'll admit, if I were to do this again today, I'd go that way, rather than AoS from a visitor visa.

though i love my husband to bits this aos is becoming a nightmare , im starting to freak out! we didnt intend on getting married when he came here but stuff happens right ?? has anyone else done this on a spur of the moment like me and then thought what the heck did i get myself into ? most of my paperwork is done waiting to get some things together for packet still but man im still worried about how we did all of this .if it wasnt for this forum id be really lost !! lol if anyone can offer a lil ray of hope that this may work omg id love to hear how you did it. my husband cant work til i get this done and is starting to make me nuts !! lol i still dont know what all i even need to send !! any help advice or jus some support would be great !! :help:

:help:

Sometime 2002: Met on www.rondaksportal.com, started talking

March 2004: Visited Kim for the first time

July 2004: Visited Kim again - and she's not going to let me go back.

2004-08-06: Married

2004-09-21: Sent AoS and EAD applications to Portland DO

2004-09-24: Money orders cashed

2004-10-15: Fingerprinting for AoS

2004-11-04: EAD issued

2004-12-03: Received interview date

2005-01-04: Interview - adjusted to conditional resident

2006-11-06: Filing for lifting of conditions

2007-06-25: RFE from Nebraska

2007-06-26: Mailed requested evidence

2007-07-02: Card production ordered

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'm doing it right now and so long everything has been going just fine. Read the guides and the instructions on the forms (they are actually pretty good).

I'm nervous too though I know we didn't have any intentions of getting married this visit. Make sure you have proof with you to the interview showing that you didn't have intent upon entry to get married and for him to stay in the country. Also bring plenty of proof of a bonafide marriage and you will be fine.

(I say this while nervously biting my nails in anticipation for my interview in less than a month... :wacko: )

05-02-2004 Met in Östersund, Sweden
09-07-2007 Got married in Eden Gardens State Park, Santa Rosa Beach, FL

*************************************************************************************************

AOS

11-02-2007 - Filed

03-14-2008 - Green Card received

*************************************************************************************************

Lifting of Conditions

02-08-2010 - Filed

06-21-2010 - Green Card received

N-400

06-24-2017 - N-400 package sent via EFile

06-24-2017 - Payment received via credit card

07-01-2017 - Appointment notice received

07-19-2017 - Biometrics appointment in Atlanta, GA

08-04-2017 - Case updated. Interview scheduled. 

"Whither thou goest I will go, whither thou lodgest I will lodge,
Thy people shall be my people, And thy God my God." ~ Ruth 1:16

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good luck.

Congrats, BTW.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Once you file for AOS, you might also try making an Infopass appointment at your local office. Some field offices will give a temp EAD stamp. Not all, and I cant promise they'll do it, but I have seen it happen for others. The worst they can say is no.

Has anyone reported this recently? According to the memo in Sept 2006 as well as anecdotal evidence the local offices cannot and will not issue a temp EAD. They will take your submission of I765 and forward it on, but why bother? You would have to wait for your NOA for AOS in order to do so.

Filed: Timeline

Take a big breath and relax, you will be fine... just take your time filling out the paperwork and double check everything... I did AOS from the VWP back in 2005 and we had no issues at all.... we were not even asked about intent at entry all the interviewing officer was interested in was evidence or a real marriage....

You will be fine....

Kez

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.