FrankD

frequency of visits to the us

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

i have a trip to the US booked for March 3rd to see my girlfriend, and im staying for a month, but ive had another one booked for a while now for may through till august, and i just wondered if thats gunna annoy the immigration people at all by me going there so soon? im really worried bout that so can any one tell me anythin bout that please?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
i have a trip to the US booked for March 3rd to see my girlfriend, and im staying for a month, but ive had another one booked for a while now for may through till august, and i just wondered if thats gunna annoy the immigration people at all by me going there so soon? im really worried bout that so can any one tell me anythin bout that please?

Have you had any problems in the past at the POE? Do you have strong ties to England to show proof; that you are not making this trip to to immigrate?

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

All my visits to the states have been almost a month. They dont really get annoyed with me. They've never actually questioned me about my plans (ie, staying in the USA or coming back)

k-1

I-129F Sent : 2007-04-28

I-129F NOA1 :2007-06-05

I-129F NOA2 :2007-11-28

NVC Received : 2007-12-20

NVC Left :2007-12-27 (due to holidays tongue.png)

Consulate Received :2007/12/28

Packet 3 Received :2008-01-07

Packet 3 Sent :2008-01-07

Medical Exam: 2008-01-24

Packet 4 Received :2008-01-14

Interview Date :2008-02-11---APPROVEDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

Visa Received :2008-02-13

US Entry : 2008-02-20

Church Marriage : 2008-05-03

POE @ Edmonton International Airport: 2008-02-20

Courthouse marriage: 2008-02-26

ROC

ROC Filed with CSC: 2010-04-13

NOA1 recieved in mail dated: 2010-04-15

Biometrics Appointment: 2010-05-17

Approval Notice: 2010-08-03

Card Received: 2010-08-13

N-400:

N-400 sent 2013-12-02

NOA:|12/09/13|

BIOMETRICS:|12/27/13|

IN-LINE for INTERVIEW 12/31/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
nah ive never had a problem with the immigration people, and we havent filed for the K-1 yet so its not on redcord i was just wondering if itll make them suspicious or anything

Although You never know with the immigration people i would not worry to much if You have strong ties with Your contry(like job, ect.). I feel like they can ask about Your ability to afford frquent visits but as soon as You have left US on time before, they shouldn't have any problems.

09/29/2007- civil wedding in the US

10/ 8- send AOS

10/15- NOA

10/30- RFE

11/07- fingerprints, Latham NY

11/08- RFE send to USCIS

12/15- case transfered to CSC

01/24- AOS touched

02/11/2008- green card production ordered

02/20- welcome letter and green card in the mail:))))

07/10/2008- our religious wedding and awsome reception in Poland:)))

Joanna

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I did what you are doing for a whole year with some trips over 60 days to be with my fiance at the time. I am lucky enough to have a job that I can work from pretty much anywhere in the world so i decided to go over and be with her. The first two trips were fine but i started getting grief on the third trip onwards. My mistake was not handing in my I-94 departure record everytime i left the states. Because i didnt turn them in it looked like i didnt leave and they penalized me for that. It came to a point that everytime i landed at lax i just expected a 3 hour wait and interrogation. I told them the truth and said i was travelling around with my girlfriend from time to time too. It eventually got to the last trip when they said they would deport me if i came back really soon again.

To sum up.

1. They want to see that you live more in your own country than the USA.

2. Bring paperwork of all your affiliation to your home country. House deeds, job letters etc.

3. Fly into different airports and then onto your final destination.

Hope this helps you somewhat

3-17-2004 - Met in London at Kingston University

3-25-2006 - I-129F sent off

3-27-2006 - Recieved at notorious CSC

3-31-2006 - NOA1

5-11-2006 - Amie moves to London to wait until visa approved

6-28-2006 - Received IMBRA RFE

7-12-2006 - Sent off RFE (from London)

7-24-2006 - CSC received RFE

9-01-2006 - NOA2 (5 MONTHS LATER.... LITERALLY 5 MONTHS LATER)

9-14-2006 - NVC received case

9-30-2006 - Packet 3 received

10-4-2006 - Packet 3 sent out

10-17-2006 - Medical appointment

11-3-2006 - Packet 4 received

12-1-2006 - INTERVIEW - approved

12-14-2006 - Amie moves back home

1-1-2007 - Martin moves over

1-16-2007 - SSN received

3-18-2007 - MARRIED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think if anything it makes your relationship look stronger.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

There is no guarantee that you will be allowed into the country, yet, like others said, if you bring plenty of proof with regards to having ties to your home country you should be fine. Just wait for the questions the immigration officer has for you and if he asks for further evidence showing that you won't remain in the US, present your documents.

I have planned a trip to the US in a little less than two weeks from now. It will be the first time for me to enter the US since we filed the K1 petition.

Good luck & all the very best for your journey!!!!

In every difficulty lies an island of opportunity.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

thanks everyone :) a problem is i dont have a job at the moment =/ i have plenty of money saved up from my last job to cover the visits though, so its not a problem, and i dont really have time to get a job as me and my dad are selling our house and hes ill so i have to take care of him all the time. is a bank statement considered proof? or references from past jobs?

Filed: Timeline
thanks everyone :) a problem is i dont have a job at the moment =/ i have plenty of money saved up from my last job to cover the visits though, so its not a problem, and i dont really have time to get a job as me and my dad are selling our house and hes ill so i have to take care of him all the time. is a bank statement considered proof? or references from past jobs?

I went to visit my fiance over christmas for a 3 week stay, I took a recent bank statement and a letter from my employer stating I was a permenant employee and when they expected me back. I just got asked the normal questions like have you visited the US before, what was the purpose of my stay.. that type of thing. I didn't get asked to show evidence that I wouldn't stay in the US.

Don't worry about it, you will be fine :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.