JamalNTam

Expidited citizenship for military spouses?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malta
Timeline
i just read the guide for naturalization and it always states that you have to be a permanent resident... that is have the 10 yr green card.. what if you re a conditional residence and have only the 2 year green card residency??

thanks a lot

If you have the 2 year greencard, you're a conditional permanent resident. Isn't that what it says on your greencard?

hi stella.... i ll be entering the usa soon.... so i still got to receive it but husband will get the PCS for next january.... so i was reading about the subject since i will only have a few months in the usa and then we ll be moving.... and im confused..... even on the N400 application there are questions like :

"Part 7:

how many days did you stay outside the usa during the last 5 years?"

if i had just moved the usa, since i will be a new conditional resident, i would have to answer all the 5 years.... since i would be just moving there and would be applying coz of 319 B law.... so i really wont know what to answer

N400 sent : 2012-10-27

Check Cashed : 2012-11-05

Bio Appointment : 2012-11-23

Walk-In Biometrics : 2012-11-14

Interview Appointment : 2013-04-12

Approved : 2013-04-12

Oath Ceremony : 2013-06-28

as1cCET0g410010MjA0MDk1c3wwMTMxbHxTaW5jZ

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I was outside of the US for about 3 1/2 of the five years before I applied for the N-400. We had been stationed overseas and returned about 1 1/2 years before I filed my N-400. I put down all the days I was outside and explained on a separate sheet of paper why I had been overseas for so long and also included the military orders which confirmed this.

I know that people, who file under Section 319a after only three years as a permanent resident, most of the time only include the past three years when they write down their days outside of the US. You could do that also and explain that you file under Section 319b and that you only included the time since you became a (conditional) permanent resident.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malta
Timeline
I was outside of the US for about 3 1/2 of the five years before I applied for the N-400. We had been stationed overseas and returned about 1 1/2 years before I filed my N-400. I put down all the days I was outside and explained on a separate sheet of paper why I had been overseas for so long and also included the military orders which confirmed this.

I know that people, who file under Section 319a after only three years as a permanent resident, most of the time only include the past three years when they write down their days outside of the US. You could do that also and explain that you file under Section 319b and that you only included the time since you became a (conditional) permanent resident.

i would be in the US for only a few months.... so i guess i shall write on the seperate piece of paper the day i entered the US and that i be applying under section 319b.... shall i ask the military helpline?

N400 sent : 2012-10-27

Check Cashed : 2012-11-05

Bio Appointment : 2012-11-23

Walk-In Biometrics : 2012-11-14

Interview Appointment : 2013-04-12

Approved : 2013-04-12

Oath Ceremony : 2013-06-28

as1cCET0g410010MjA0MDk1c3wwMTMxbHxTaW5jZ

• 6 months later...
Filed: Timeline

hi guys, i just found this forum and i can see that the last post was made in june. I hope somebody reads this. my husband is in the military and he is staioned in germany. i finally got the command sponsorship which puts my name on his orders. i know i am eligible for naturalization even though i have a conditional green card. my question is, do i file the N-400 from the US where i am right now or should i move to germany first and then apply? also what is a I- 751? do i have to file that too? i don't have my travel dates yet. any help would be much appreciated.

thanks.

hi guys, i just found this forum and i can see that the last post was made in june. I hope somebody reads this. my husband is in the military and he is staioned in germany. i finally got the command sponsorship which puts my name on his orders. i know i am eligible for naturalization even though i have a conditional green card. my question is, do i file the N-400 from the US where i am right now or should i move to germany first and then apply? also what is a I- 751? do i have to file that too? i don't have my travel dates yet. any help would be much appreciated.

thanks.

Hi UST82,

I-751 is the Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence.

And YES you are elegible to file for N-400 under Expedited Naturalization under INA Section 319 ( b ) as long as your husband got his command sponsorship orders to be stationed over seas for a period major than one year.

You should file in the US before PCSing.

Hope that was of a help tp your concerns.

Hi UST82,

I-751 is the Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence.

And YES you are elegible to file for N-400 under Expedited Naturalization under INA Section 319 ( b ) as long as your husband got his command sponsorship orders to be stationed over seas for a period major than one year.

You should file in the US before PCSing.

Hope that was of a help tp your concerns.

yes, that helps a lot! do i need to file the I-751? I'm confused about that. and thank you very much. i appreciate it a lot.

• 1 year later...

yes, that helps a lot! do i need to file the I-751? I'm confused about that. and thank you very much. i appreciate it a lot.

You file I-751 ONLY IF you are within the 90 days of your conditional green card expiration that. If not, send in the N400.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know this is a stupid question, but what is considered abroad? If like it's PCSing to Hawaii or Guam, will that count? thanks!

whatever comes our way, we are gonna make it through

Timeline

June 02, 2010 - filed K1 visa...

June 07, 2010 - package delivered to USCIS

June 11, 2010 - date of NOA1 but with wrong receipt number and it was transferred from CSC to VSC

June 14, 2010 - check cleared

June 17, 2010 - touched

I hate waiting...:P

in God we trust....

• 1 year later...

I am conditional green card holder and ill be moving in Germany this week,I just got few question about the 319b?Where I am going to file the n400 if I am already in Germany ?Should I apply and mail it in States?and where in States?anyone ps give me an info about this.And am I eligible even I am conditional green card holder?and do I have to removed the condition of my green card or I can apply for the n400 without removing my conditional status ?I am in the orders of my us military husband in Germany.Any answers much appreciated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.