algerian

very confused case

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Algeria
Timeline

i have a friend that he applied for the K1 visa with an american woman and they sent his application for the further review and it is more than a yearnow and it is still reviewing and no answer yet now to the point that he stops feelings for her and he met someone else the question is can this person get married and apply as K3 or CR1 with the second woman he met , this second woman she come to visit him more than 7 times and they have alot of proves because of seeing each other that alot.

any advice would be very appriciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Doesn't seem confusing, unless your friend is really just marrying to get a visa.

If he doesn't love the first woman, and doesn't intend to marry her (that seems pretty obvious) then he needs to break off the engagement, and the US person will cancel the K3.

The new person can file either k1, or k3/cr/1 but if I was them I'd be a bit scared. The k3/I-130 takes even longer than the k1, so if this friend of yours "lost feelings" waiting on the k1, I am fairly certain they wont make it thru the k3 process either.

Oh please, make it stop....I've seen this very confused case two other times today!!! :rolleyes:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1527165

and

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1527168

I guess the answers he's getting in those threads are not good enough.

OP, read the answers you've gotten in your two other threads....they're have good information in them.

-P

Edited by Paula&Minya
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh please, make it stop....I've seen this very confused case two other times today!!! :rolleyes:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1527165

and

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1527168

I guess the answers he's getting in those threads are not good enough.

OP, read the answers you've gotten in your two other threads....they're have good information in them.

-P

lol i thought i misclicked and then realized its just posted again

This is the first time I've seen the question. I basically stick to only three or four forums. I guess it's good he posted here too for those of us who don't read every forum. Anyway, the info in the OP sounds funny....more than a year since the first petition and still under review?!!! I doubt it. I would guess it has been denied. Anyone can marry a U.S. citizen and the apply for K-3 or IR/CR visa. Will it be approved...who knows?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
i have a friend that he applied for the K1 visa with an american woman and they sent his application for the further review and it is more than a yearnow and it is still reviewing and no answer yet now to the point that he stops feelings for her and he met someone else the question is can this person get married and apply as K3 or CR1 with the second woman he met , this second woman she come to visit him more than 7 times and they have alot of proves because of seeing each other that alot.

any advice would be very appriciated.

Well, seems that your friend must not have been seriously committed to relationship to American Woman #1. If he could not "stop" his feelings after 1 year.

If your your friend couldn't take the waiting time for #1, I doubt he be able to endure the even longer wait for a CR-1 visa with American #2.

Nutty

Filed for CR-1 in December 2006 case now in Administrative Review until God knows when....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.