kaydee457

Evidence of Joint Occupancy of residence

7 posts in this topic

I/we have no mortgage and no rent payments, and of course no lease.........Anyone else in a similar situation? I've owned my home outright prior to marriage to my wife.

Although we do not have a prenup I'm a bit annoyed that the INS seems to suggest that it's a requirement to place her name on the deed to prove joint ownership.....This is clearly over the line IMO. If I should die, she's the beneficiary, and is entitled to all, however, if we should divorce then the house is premarital property.

This isn't something the INS should be getting involved in IMO....

What do you think?

I plan on submitting as evidence:

-2006 joint tax return, her 2007 W2 (don't have 2007 taxes done yet)

-life insurance with her as beneficiary

-joint checking account info

-401k beneficiary info

-automobile title(s) in both names

-her paystubs (with current address)

-some house utility bills in both names

-affadavits from neighbors

Enough?

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wouldn't get bent out of shape about it... if it does not exist in your relationship then it does not exist... all you can do is provide evidence you have

YMMV

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

- driver license showing same address

- joint car insurance

- christmas card, wedding invitation etc addressed to both of you showing address

- picture/boarding pass on vacation, etc

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

a will showing her as your beneficiary would be helpful. My name is not on our house, but my name is in his will. :D

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My name isn't on our house deed or the mortgage either however, I have received invoices and paid bills that relate to maintaining the house (regular lawn service, getting a problem tree removed, signing work orders for work done at the house, etc.) and am including copies of those with our application. We are also including our wills which name each other as our beneficiaries as well as each other's executors.

I have the cats' (that moved with me from Canada) microchip information showing that this is their address and the receipts signed by me, plus our phone bills, bank statements, car loan documents, car insurance, car registration and credit card statements showing both of our names on the same accounts and the statements coming to our address.

My favourite pieces of evidence, however, are two letters from the IRS addressed to both of us for the tax returns in the year we married: they debated the alimony my husband paid to his ex-wife, so we had to gather all of the cheques (copies of both sides), copy of the divorce decree, proof of direct deposit of his military pension to her account, (she got a sweetheart settlement!! Grr.) etc., and I faxed it all in to them. (I also have the fax coversheet and receipt from the fax location included as well) They then sent us a letter addressed to both of us with their decision to allow the deduction as it was filed. (Phew! we think she didn't 'claim' all of it which is why our claim got challenged).

It is surprising where you can find evidence of your life together as a married couple (VBG).

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

We rent and have no mortgage and our landowner has really no lease agreement. We 're from small town USA . I included copies of our auto insurance, our IRA's and bank statements along with copies of our taxes for the last two years with our ADDRESS on all papers. Plus we sent abunch of pics and anniversary card along with 2 notarized affadavits..... I believe there was some paperwork even from the local church with our address on it. I think each situation is different and the USCIS must treat each situation differently. Wishing u the best!

3-21-05 RECIEVED NOA FOR AOS INTERVIEW

WHICH WILL BE IN JUNE.. SUPRISE SUPRISE...

6-30-05 AOS INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL BUT GREEN CARDS

PENDING COMPLETION OF FBI BACKGROUND

CHECK

7-27-05 SENATORS OFFICE CONTACTED ME SAYING DELAY

IS DUE TO BAD FINGERPRINTS

2-22-06 ONLINE NOTIFICATION OF MARIAS AOS APPROVAL

STILL WAITING FOR ANDRES APPROVAL

2-24-06 RECIEVED OFFICIAL WELCOME TO THE USA LETTER IN THE MAIL FROM USCIS

*The LORD IS GOOD TO ALL : and His tender mercies are over all His works. Psalm 145:9

*A man can receive NOTHING, except it be GIVEN HIM FROM HEAVEN. John 3:27

*WHOSO findeth a wife findeth a GOOD THING, and obtaineth favour of the LORD. Proverbs 18-22[/color]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.