Hilarious Clinton

Hamas shut off the power to Palestine

429 posts in this topic

No $hit Sherlock.

Just clarifying it. Some think they are freedom fighters.

Good luck clarifying a relative concept that relies on individual perspective for its meaning.

Hamas aren't terrorists? Seems crystal to me.

I don't think you saw the 'No $hit Sherlock' comment up above.

I don't think you realize I was commenting on the bold bit above.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Believe it or not I'm well aware of my country's history, and the legacy arising from it - as I've said on numerous occasions, to you and others. You might also not be aware that Britain does provide financial help and assistance to many countries, not least its former colonies and territories. Again, as I've said to you before - the debate there is whether Britain is helping enough, not if it should help at all.

Of course none of this changes what I said before - that comparing Israel/Palestine to the fallout from Katrina is rather specious. You don't want to address the sectarian, political and paramilitary divisions - fine. But lets not pretend as though they don't exist.

And no - I'm not blaming Republicans, slavery or GWB for the continuing situation in Israel. Thanks for checking though.

You either get it or you don't. You are the one who loves to compare inner city poverty to Aborigines in Aus but have an issue when I make a cultural comparison to various communities and groups of people who use the 'I am a victim' card to justify their situation and choices.

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
No $hit Sherlock.

Good luck clarifying a relative concept that relies on individual perspective for its meaning.

I'm sure it does. Its a label that helps you frame the arguments along a particular ideological line.

Whether that label and ideological line amounts to "truth" (or something approaching it) is another question entirely.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
No $hit Sherlock.

I don't think you saw the 'No $hit Sherlock' comment up above.

I don't think you realize I was commenting on the bold bit above.

And I don't think you comprehended what 6 wrote, so maybe some clarification would help:

He wrote that it depends who you ask.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline
Believe it or not I'm well aware of my country's history, and the legacy arising from it - as I've said on numerous occasions, to you and others. You might also not be aware that Britain does provide financial help and assistance to many countries, not least its former colonies and territories. Again, as I've said to you before - the debate there is whether Britain is helping enough, not if it should help at all.

Of course none of this changes what I said before - that comparing Israel/Palestine to the fallout from Katrina is rather specious. You don't want to address the sectarian, political and paramilitary divisions - fine. But lets not pretend as though they don't exist.

And no - I'm not blaming Republicans, slavery or GWB for the continuing situation in Israel. Thanks for checking though.

You either get it or you don't. You are the one who loves to compare inner city poverty to Aborigines in Aus but have an issue when I make a cultural comparison to various communities and groups of people who use the 'I am a victim' card to justify their situation and choices.

I must have missed the decades-old military occupation, religious tension and paramilitary/terrorist violence in New Orleans. What channel should I watch to see that?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I must have missed the decades-old military occupation, religious tension and paramilitary/terrorist violence in New Orleans. What channel should I watch to see that?

I'm pretty sure Faux News had something about that. Or was it award winning Mardi Gras coverage??

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

I'm pretty sure Faux News had something about that. Or was it award winning Mardi Gras coverage??

The only way you can compare those two situations is if you are ignorant of both.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Its also weird to me that the most disadvantaged group here is the most villified - internationally.

There are human beings in this equation - people seem to forget that. Which is how you end up with statements like the one from MandR the other day.

Who is that? The Palestinians? Give me a break. What is sad is how all of that communities attention is focused on Israel rather than actually improving their living standards. Iran also seems to have the same attitude. Look where they are.

To me this seems to be a cultural / psychological problem. I see it in the US as well. Where certain poor communities chose to use the 'I am a victim and have been ###### over' card than actually working on improving their situation. Let alone working together as a community. Then ironically they too resort to violence against others and use some sort of event to justify it.

Heck it happened in Katrina where one group is still crying about how X ###### them over. While other 'actual minority' communities there, such as the Vietnamese community, got their #### together. Then as a community overcame the disaster.

Sorry, no sympathy from me.

Its a false comparison, I think (to say the least) to draw parallels between what's going on in Israel/Palestine

Very false comparison indeed. There has never been such a country “Palestine”

Timeline
Its also weird to me that the most disadvantaged group here is the most villified - internationally.

There are human beings in this equation - people seem to forget that. Which is how you end up with statements like the one from MandR the other day.

Who is that? The Palestinians? Give me a break. What is sad is how all of that communities attention is focused on Israel rather than actually improving their living standards. Iran also seems to have the same attitude. Look where they are.

To me this seems to be a cultural / psychological problem. I see it in the US as well. Where certain poor communities chose to use the 'I am a victim and have been ###### over' card than actually working on improving their situation. Let alone working together as a community. Then ironically they too resort to violence against others and use some sort of event to justify it.

Heck it happened in Katrina where one group is still crying about how X ###### them over. While other 'actual minority' communities there, such as the Vietnamese community, got their #### together. Then as a community overcame the disaster.

Its a false comparison, I think (to say the least) to draw parallels between what's going on in Israel/Palestine

Don't be stupid. I'm sure you know full well what "Palestine" refers to.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

LOL you should change your name to Golda Meir.

Interestingly enough, there was never a "country" called "Israel," either -- at least until 1948.

Of course there was an "Israel" in the Bible -- this first referred to the patriarch Jacob, then came to refer to his descendants, and later the Jewish people (the "children of Israel" or "Israelites.") And there was something called the "Land of Israel" ("land of the children of Israel.") But there was no "country" called "Israel" until 1948.

Now I have a question for you, Risto. What are the official borders of the modern State of Israel ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Then act like smart one. Call the conflict Arab/Israeli

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Iranians arent arabs....but they will fuel this conflict until the last hamas weinie is standing.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Timeline

LOL you should change your name to Golda Meir.

Interestingly enough, there was never a "country" called "Israel," either -- at least until 1948.

Of course there was an "Israel" in the Bible -- this first referred to the patriarch Jacob, then came to refer to his descendants, and later the Jewish people (the "children of Israel" or "Israelites.") And there was something called the "Land of Israel" ("land of the children of Israel.") But there was no "country" called "Israel" until 1948.

Now I have a question for you, Risto. What are the official borders of the modern State of Israel ?

For more credibility the name should be “the husband of Golda Meir”

The borders of modern Israel – from Nile to Euphrates hehe you wish :)

Timeline

Iranians arent arabs....but they will fuel this conflict until the last hamas weinie is standing.

After the revolution the Iranians join the club fueling the violence wherever they can.

This will change soon and Iran will be again civilized nation.

Timeline

Excuse me. Do you have a point to make?

No...? Ok rather than quibble about terms of reference - lets go back to my point.

Comparing what went on in New Orleans following Katrina with what is currently going on in Israel and the Palestinian Territories is a false comparison.

Agree? Disagree?