yogib37

Study: False statements preceded war

226 posts in this topic

Lisa, why did you have to slap some of these folks with the facts? Since the killing in Iraq is slowing way down and things are getting better I notice a definite silence on the reporting of the war, also I havent heard much from dems lately on removing the troops.The dems truly are beyond the pail and the ones that follow them are even worse.One more thing! Since the dems will be giving us all this neat stuff when they are elected, I havent heard squat on how its gonna get paid for. Hey Hillary give me your money and I'll see that your takin care of ;)

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Yeah, lets blame a President's avalanche of lies on opinionated record keeping.

Were all these people lying also?

No Gary, a Record does not lie. Whether or not a person believes what is obvious is a whole other matter... :whistle:

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

No Gary, a Record does not lie. Whether or not a person believes what is obvious is a whole other matter... :whistle:

So when the lefties, that are now calling Bush a lier, said the same things BEFORE Bush said them it's OK with you? It sounds like you only want to bash Bush and ignore the facts. So your opinion means nothing.

Filed: Timeline
This is old news....The fact is that they, Bush, Condy, and Colin were using the best available intellegence at the time.

The premise here is that they intentionally mislead the people, and the world, to go to war. That's absurd.

The fact is that they did not use the best available intelligence but dismissed some of it in favor of testimony by the enemy that furthered their case to go war. Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi. Nothing more needs to be said.

Well if you say nothing more needs to be said then I guess that's the final word on the matter. Closed minds always dominate......

Please listen up everyone. No more input to this thread as "nothing more needs to be said".... :lol:

Closed minds? The fact is that Bush knowingly sold to the American people as fact what he knew the DIA had long since refuted as nonsense: that Saddam trained AQ in chem, bio and explosives. He simply lied to the public on this claim and that is well documented.

Timeline

So when the lefties, that are now calling Bush a lier, said the same things BEFORE Bush said them it's OK with you? It sounds like you only want to bash Bush and ignore the facts. So your opinion means nothing.

This makes what, 70% of Americans lefties??

I bash Bush because its easily visible the man lied. He may just not want to admit it outright like those defending the indefensible. The immediate consequence is that we have thousands of war-related soldier fatalities and injuries that could have been averted and a foreign image that is FUBAR to some.

And no... people that know better have always known to question unopposed lies by Bush have usually stated their opposition to giving the President a blank check to rule as he saw fit. My oh my the Roosters have indeed been coming home to roost for Mr. Bush and Co. Its no lame secret how Colin Powell left the Bush Administration.

I bash Bush because its easily visible the man lied. He may just not want to admit it outright like those defending the indefensible. The immediate consequence is that we have thousands of war-related soldier fatalities and injuries that could have been averted and a foreign image that is FUBAR to some.

And no... people that know better have always known to question unopposed lies by Bush have usually stated their opposition to giving the President a blank check to rule as he saw fit. My oh my the Roosters have indeed been coming home to roost for Mr. Bush and Co. Its no lame secret how Colin Powell left the Bush Administration.

So your just going to ignore the fact that Clinton and Co. were saying the exact same things before Bush got into office? Your prejudice is showing. You just want to blame Bush while ignoring the fact that the rest of the world thought the same things long before Bush became president. Who cares what people like you think.

Timeline

So your just going to ignore the fact that Clinton and Co. were saying the exact same things before Bush got into office? Your prejudice is showing. You just want to blame Bush while ignoring the fact that the rest of the world thought the same things long before Bush became president. Who cares what people like you think.

Well, at the moment I'm glad that 70% of Americans agree with what 'people like me' think!! :lol:

I guess that must mean, by deduction, that you side with the minority that continues blocking the sun out with one hand.

Besides, I wasn't even close to talking or defending anything about Clinton & Co. The topic here is Bush Lied, Soldiers Died (and counting).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, at the moment I'm glad that 70% of Americans agree with what 'people like me' think!! :lol:

I guess that must mean, by deduction, that you side with the minority that continues blocking the sun out with one hand.

Besides, I wasn't even close to talking or defending anything about Clinton & Co. The topic here is Bush Lied, Soldiers Died (and counting).

70% Where do these numbers come from, Moveon.org?

Timeline

You can get a summary here for an overall rating:

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

That is Bush's approval rating and not the number of people that think he "lied" to get us into the war. And it's range is 60-66% not 70%. If you notice the dem congress rating is 23%. http://www.pollingreport.com/CongJob.htm

So Bush is better liked than the dem congress!

This is old news....The fact is that they, Bush, Condy, and Colin were using the best available intellegence at the time.

The premise here is that they intentionally mislead the people, and the world, to go to war. That's absurd.

The fact is that they did not use the best available intelligence but dismissed some of it in favor of testimony by the enemy that furthered their case to go war. Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi. Nothing more needs to be said.

Well if you say nothing more needs to be said then I guess that's the final word on the matter. Closed minds always dominate......

Please listen up everyone. No more input to this thread as "nothing more needs to be said".... :lol:

Closed minds? The fact is that Bush knowingly sold to the American people as fact what he knew the DIA had long since refuted as nonsense: that Saddam trained AQ in chem, bio and explosives. He simply lied to the public on this claim and that is well documented.

Well, here's where the one needs to appeal to ones common sense....." Bush knowingly sold to the American people as fact what he knew the DIA had long since refuted as nonsense: that Saddam trained AQ in chem, bio and explosives. He simply lied to the public on this claim and that is well documented.".....

If this were so he would've been Clinton'd, er... I mean impeached long ago. I'm afraid you're guilty of visiting far too many far left web sites and actually mistaking their drivel as "fact"............ :whistle:

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

Well, here's where the one needs to appeal to ones common sense....." Bush knowingly sold to the American people as fact what he knew the DIA had long since refuted as nonsense: that Saddam trained AQ in chem, bio and explosives. He simply lied to the public on this claim and that is well documented.".....

If this were so he would've been Clinton'd, er... I mean impeached long ago. I'm afraid you're guilty of visiting far too many far left web sites and actually mistaking their drivel as "fact"............ :whistle:

The only reason why he hasn't been impeached is that too many in the Senate also voted for the war. No politician likes to admit that they were wrong. Maybe when the majority of those in the senate had either voted no, or were not in the senate at the time of the vote, might we see something done about it.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Timeline

This stems from Hussein himself, spreading propaganda about big and bad weapons years back, so that Iran would think twice about starting a fight. It worked, so well in fact, that the US took it and ran...

Edited by JASONandDAA

I am finished...when I am dead

Timeline

That is Bush's approval rating and not the number of people that think he "lied" to get us into the war. And it's range is 60-66% not 70%. If you notice the dem congress rating is 23%. http://www.pollingreport.com/CongJob.htm

So Bush is better liked than the dem congress!

Again, not what we're discussing. Its like bickering over which is worse, the synonym of bad or the antonym of good.

However, if you want to get hung up on irrelevant details, I'll give you a hint as to why Congress has failed to bring the troops home- Bush's Veto power.

Regardless, they do have a mechanism to overcoming Mon Fuhrer Bush's ostentatious power grab in Washington. And they have failed. Perhaps it has to do that Congress is a multivariable whereas Bush is just one insane liar.

This stems from Hussein himself, spreading propaganda about big and bad weapons years back, so that Iran would think twice about starting a fight. It worked, so well in fact, that the US took it and ran...

He did more than spread propaganda. Just ask the Kurds.

Halabja_15.gif