Sonea

Medical related question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi, i've started compiling all the evidence etc. to submit our K1. The thing is we've been together for many years until I moved back to the US for a new job. I've never been apart from her this long and i'm getting depressed and having suicidal thoughts every now and then. I would never do anything, because i love my fiance and my family but i htink i should seek help, however I am afraid it might hurt my petition if USCIS thinks i'm "unstable". Will this be the case?

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

As far as I know, they would never know....they only look at your fiance's medical condition. And I believe that depression won't effect her chances either as long as there is no sign that she might harm someone else.

I personally wouldn't let USCIS know, however you might have the opportunity for an expedited case here. On the record you should be given one, however USCIS will probably deny it. If they let one person go quickly through for this, I think we'd all throw ourselves on the suicide watch list to get our SO here.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think first of all you should absolutely seek help! this process is stressful and sad and can rattle even the most "stable" person. Its ok to go talk to someone. I really do not see how it will affect your petition. First if I am correct the only ask the beneficiary not the petitioner medical questions. It is sad though that depression is seen as being a mental disorder and something to be looked down upon when actually it is a chemical imbalance or just bottled up emotions... This forum also is excellent at expressing your feelings, venting and commiserating with others going through the exact same thing... take care and talk whenever you need.

David and I met online December of 2006 and spent a year getting to know each other online and with visits! He proposed to me July 2007 onstage at my Favorite bands (candlebox) concert in Florida .We found out we were expecting a child January 31st sadly due to an ectopic pregnancy we lost the baby and almost lost me as well on February 8th. We then decided to get married if my long and drawn out divorce finalized before David was due to go back on April 13th

Divorced finalized March 20th

3/30/2008 MARRIED !!!!

4/11/2008 I 130 , I 485, 1765 and I131 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

4/21/2008 first NOA for everything

5/17/2008 RFE for Affidavit of support

5/20/2008 mailed in response to RFE

5/22/2008 Biometrics

6/10/2008 EAD Card production ordered!!!!

6/10/2008 I131 Approved YAY we can visit England again!! (nobody from there could make our short notice wedding)

10/28 Interview date

I think first of all you should absolutely seek help! this process is stressful and sad and can rattle even the most "stable" person. Its ok to go talk to someone. I really do not see how it will affect your petition. First if I am correct the only ask the beneficiary not the petitioner medical questions. It is sad though that depression is seen as being a mental disorder and something to be looked down upon when actually it is a chemical imbalance or just bottled up emotions... This forum also is excellent at expressing your feelings, venting and commiserating with others going through the exact same thing... take care and talk whenever you need.

:thumbs:

Agreed. And they are most concerned about the status of the non-US-citizen..

It's not like you are locking yourself up in an asylum. People go to counselors all the time for lots of reasons. Why you go is none of USCIS's business.

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

This will not hold bearing on your petition... Your fiance is the one who will undergo medical exams prior to visa approval. But you do however need to consult professional (Psychiatrist/Psychologist) help with regards to your depression and especially since you're having some suicidal ideations. You will experience more stress as your petition is being process especially the long wait and some frustrations along the way... so as early as you can, seek consult, you may need some anti-depressants. Everyone feels depressed but there are some that can't handle their depression and needs medical help. Good luck with your petition and stay healthy.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi, i've started compiling all the evidence etc. to submit our K1. The thing is we've been together for many years until I moved back to the US for a new job. I've never been apart from her this long and i'm getting depressed and having suicidal thoughts every now and then. I would never do anything, because i love my fiance and my family but i htink i should seek help, however I am afraid it might hurt my petition if USCIS thinks i'm "unstable". Will this be the case?

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time with the separation from your fiancee. Definetly seek professional help because this journey is long. Continue to visit VJ and see how others are coping. I personally like to go to the movies or hang out with my friends.

Bridget

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

bobber, please definately go for some help. It won't effect your case at all (If we're being honest, I think probably over half of the US is now on some sort of prescription drug or another...many probably not needing it) so even if the USCIS knew about it, they wouldn't give it a second glance. Like everyone else has said, it'll only be a procedure medical for your fiance. She'll get through in a few months, it's all routine, there's nothing to worry about and no grounds at all to believe anything's going to go wrong.

In the meantime I recommend trying to get into your job - it must be great for you to have moved back to the US for it, so congrats :thumbs: Concentrate on setting up a great new life for you and your fiance and your growing family for when she gets here. And try to make friends, get out of the house, etc. This whole thing'll make you both stronger as a couple.

Also long-distance tips: the internet is your friend. From what I've found, calling cards in the US for some reason absolutely suck, but maybe that expense isn't a problem for you. I do recommend programs like Skype or MSN messenger, going and getting a mic and webcamera if you don't already have one; it can make 'seeing' each other a lot easier.

And even more off topic, if you do go for help and they try to give you drugs, I'd say try going without them if you think you can...you're still adjusting to not being with your fiance so hopefully you'll feel better after awhile, and just from personal experience in my family, antidepressants have a tendency to Not Work sometimes and make the person even worse and more unbalanced :\

Good luck.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.