Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
Don't cry. You can have them for me! :dance:

ok its a deal! My granny told me I'm going to have twins......she has a witches eye... :lol:

Twins run HEAVILY on my side and HEAVILY on Kobby's side...So, it might just happen :whistle::innocent:

One day anyway.... :D

Here are some of the answers that They SAY CAN increase the odds of having twins:

Eat yams.

There are certain cultures that have more twins than others. One of these is a tribe where they eat a lot of yams. There is a theory that it is a certain chemical in the yams :help: :help: that helps the women in this culture have more twins.

Be breastfeeding when you get pregnant.

Recent studies show that if you are breastfeeding when you get pregnant that you are more likely to have twins. This is said to be caused by the depletion of calcium in your system while nursing and its effect on the egg during conception and ovulation.

Be older when you get pregnant.

The older you are when you get pregnant, the more likely you are to have twins. This may be because of an increased ovulation of multiple eggs, resulting in more dizygotic or fraternal twins.

Be a twin.

Twins have a higher rate of having twins themselves. Unfortunately you can't really influence this one.

Have a family history of twins.

If you have a family history, mostly a maternal history, then you are at an increased chance of having twins yourself. These are mostly dizygotic or fraternal twins and not monozygotic or identical twins. This comes from the ability to ovulate more than one egg at any given point in ovulation.

Be a certain ethnicity.

African Americans have a higher rate of twinning than other ethnicities.

Get Pregnant On the Pill

Birth control pills are usually thought to be 99.9 percent effective at preventing pregnancy. However, that .01 percent often results in a double whammy -- multiples. Sometimes pregnancy occurs when the pill isn't taken consistently; in other cases, the hormonal mix of a particular drug type simply doesn't provide enough coverage to completely prevent ovulation. In either case, playing around with hormones can lead to hyperovulation, increasing the chances of multiples.

Take fertility drugs.

There are actually practitioners who prescribe fertility medications like Clomid to increase the chances of having twin by inducing multiples eggs being released in ovulation. You'd be hard pressed to find one of these physicians, but they are out there. The problem is that there are risks to taking fertility drugs and it should be reserved for people who are having trouble conceiving. There are also increased risks of having a multiples pregnancy, even with "only" twins.

Try fertility treatments.

Fertility treatments that go beyond fertility drugs are used only for those families that truly need it. Procedures like in vitro fertilization (IVF) and others can increase the chances that you will have twins or other multiples. Not only do they increase the risk of dizygotic twins, but also there appears to be an increase in monozygotic or identical twins.

:help: I am African American..eat yam,on the pill ....plus twins run in my family and I am in my mid 40's, think its time to get the tubes tied.

OR BETTER YET SMASH :bonk: THAT BIOLOGICAL CLOCK

Edited by Zi Zi

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I would love to have twins or triplets for that matter.

I told my SO that he has one shot (no pun intended) of me being pregnant, so, he needs to use it wisely.

Where are these fertility doctors and how do I get some of those pills? :rolleyes:

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good friday morning everyone.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I told my SO that he has one shot (no pun intended) of me being pregnant, so, he needs to use it wisely.

Where are these fertility doctors and how do I get some of those pills? :rolleyes:

It's really a great idea to have multiples and get it over with in one shot. I'd definitely do it. My pregnancy with Kay was horrific. I was a miserable pregnant lady and Bassi wants me to do this again, and again, and again. :wacko:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

It's really a great idea to have multiples and get it over with in one shot. I'd definitely do it. My pregnancy with Kay was horrific. I was a miserable pregnant lady and Bassi wants me to do this again, and again, and again. :wacko:

Awww and it will be a beautiful experience when you have Bassi Jr, Jr I, Jr II, Jr III, and all the way to Jr IV! lol

My fiance has put me on AP or rather on the waiting list until a year or so later. He says babies right now when we are not fully financially stable will complicate things. But, he has stressed he only wants boys for his first two babies then he can have girls afterwards. So, don't expect any baby dust from here anytime soon.

I am returning back to school and my fiance will be going to school too so I think it's a good idea for now especially with me being the sole provider in the household until he gets his work permit...I don't understand why K-1 visa holders can't start working right away without EAD when they come into the country?

If I was Barack Obama... I will vote that all K-1 visa holders upon receiving your Social Security Card should be able to work! I mean they get taxes out of the paychecks right?

TIME LINE

09/2007 - Gathered all documents for I-129F petition.

11/09/2007 - Sent I-129F

11/21/2007 - Package sent back to me( I forgot to sign one of my G-325A forms) I cried my eyes out but sent it next day delivery back to USCIS.

11/27/2007 - Received NOA1

02/13/2008 - Received NOA2

02/20/2008 - Package left NVC

02/22/2008 - Case uploaded into Ghana consulate data system

04/08/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 sent to fiance

04/16/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 received by fiance

06/24/2008 - Interview date (God blessings on this day)

06/24/2008 - DENIED visa at interview

06/25/2008 - APPROVED visa at 2nd interview with senior consulate

06/27/2008 - Picked up VISA

07/03/2008 - Fiance entered USA at JFK POE & Got EAD Stamp in passport

07/18/2008 - Married

08/07/2008 - Mailed AOS application

Check out pics K&A pics from Ghana: http://missymoet.hi5.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Don't cry. You can have them for me! :dance:

ok its a deal! My granny told me I'm going to have twins......she has a witches eye... :lol:

Twins run HEAVILY on my side and HEAVILY on Kobby's side...So, it might just happen :whistle::innocent:

One day anyway.... :D

Here are some of the answers that They SAY CAN increase the odds of having twins:

Eat yams.

There are certain cultures that have more twins than others. One of these is a tribe where they eat a lot of yams. There is a theory that it is a certain chemical in the yams :help: :help: that helps the women in this culture have more twins.

Be breastfeeding when you get pregnant.

Recent studies show that if you are breastfeeding when you get pregnant that you are more likely to have twins. This is said to be caused by the depletion of calcium in your system while nursing and its effect on the egg during conception and ovulation.

Be older when you get pregnant.

The older you are when you get pregnant, the more likely you are to have twins. This may be because of an increased ovulation of multiple eggs, resulting in more dizygotic or fraternal twins.

Be a twin.

Twins have a higher rate of having twins themselves. Unfortunately you can't really influence this one.

Have a family history of twins.

If you have a family history, mostly a maternal history, then you are at an increased chance of having twins yourself. These are mostly dizygotic or fraternal twins and not monozygotic or identical twins. This comes from the ability to ovulate more than one egg at any given point in ovulation.

Be a certain ethnicity.

African Americans have a higher rate of twinning than other ethnicities.

Get Pregnant On the Pill

Birth control pills are usually thought to be 99.9 percent effective at preventing pregnancy. However, that .01 percent often results in a double whammy -- multiples. Sometimes pregnancy occurs when the pill isn't taken consistently; in other cases, the hormonal mix of a particular drug type simply doesn't provide enough coverage to completely prevent ovulation. In either case, playing around with hormones can lead to hyperovulation, increasing the chances of multiples.

Take fertility drugs.

There are actually practitioners who prescribe fertility medications like Clomid to increase the chances of having twin by inducing multiples eggs being released in ovulation. You'd be hard pressed to find one of these physicians, but they are out there. The problem is that there are risks to taking fertility drugs and it should be reserved for people who are having trouble conceiving. There are also increased risks of having a multiples pregnancy, even with "only" twins.

Try fertility treatments.

Fertility treatments that go beyond fertility drugs are used only for those families that truly need it. Procedures like in vitro fertilization (IVF) and others can increase the chances that you will have twins or other multiples. Not only do they increase the risk of dizygotic twins, but also there appears to be an increase in monozygotic or identical twins.

:help: I am African American..eat yam,on the pill ....plus twins run in my family and I am in my mid 40's, think its time to get the tubes tied.

OR BETTER YET SMASH :bonk: THAT BIOLOGICAL CLOCK

nice! :thumbs:

OH...AND GOOD MORNING SUB-SAHARAN!!!!! :star:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Awww and it will be a beautiful experience when you have Bassi Jr, Jr I, Jr II, Jr III, and all the way to Jr IV! lol

My fiance has put me on AP or rather on the waiting list until a year or so later. He says babies right now when we are not fully financially stable will complicate things. But, he has stressed he only wants boys for his first two babies then he can have girls afterwards. So, don't expect any baby dust from here anytime soon.

I am returning back to school and my fiance will be going to school too so I think it's a good idea for now especially with me being the sole provider in the household until he gets his work permit...I don't understand why K-1 visa holders can't start working right away without EAD when they come into the country?

If I was Barack Obama... I will vote that all K-1 visa holders upon receiving your Social Security Card should be able to work! I mean they get taxes out of the paychecks right?

Bassi has his temp EAD and if we file the AOS right away, maybe we can get it through with no break. But because of the type of work he is looking at, he has to get his driver's license first. He's looking to go into an electrician apprenticeship. I have to honestly say that I'm pleased that he has a break because he needs to adjust to the place, feel comfortable here. It's nice for him to do that with no pressure right now. He asked me if he has to always have his papers on him if he leaves the house! He thinks immigrants might be stopped by the police and asked to present papers. I told him that won't happen unless he's breaking laws. He needs the time to adjust to a different culture and lifestyle. I feel that it will help him be successful on the job once he begins working. But I know he's STRESSED about not working. He's been here two weeks, but once I went back to work, it's like he got hit like a sledge hammer and it's all he can think about. I knew it would happen though, so I've been asking him to help me with various projects around the house to give him something else to focus on.

Edited by Bassi and Zainab

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning....or afternoon depending where everyone is!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Yesterday you sure were!

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Morning.........well it's lunch time ..........have been so busy lately B)

Omoba

Girl you need a superhero's cape

Holding the fort down in the US

Staying on top your visa journey in SL

Managing property turnover in Germany

New grandchild

Caring for you many pets

You must be able to manipulate time, :whistle::whistle: and make it stand still?

Or you don't sleep..... :sleepy:

I work and go to school, and I am complaining about not having enough time. :bonk:

Edited by We_Destiny

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Omoba

New grandchild

Caring for you many pets

You must be able to manipulate time, :whistle::whistle: and make it stand still?

I work and go to school, and I am complaining about not having enough time. :bonk:

Hey girl how are you,

If it weren't for God I could not even breathe. It is HIM who sustains me through boot camp, tests and trials.

I would have jumped off the cliff a long time ago if He had not given me the strength to endure.

I still have about 40 pages of waiver stuff to read on another message board so I can stay on top of the lawyer who seems competent.

Hoping to hire her in about a month or 2 to start this mess.

Had an offer on the house from a turkish family but they are not coming up to my price so I def need a buyer soon.

Don't you need a vacation house in germany :lol: ?

As to the dogs, I have bred, exhibited at shows and trained dogs for 20 + years ( Dachshunds.....wiener dogs :) ) but have slowed down and these guys are still here.

Every once in a while I will breed a litter of sweet little babies but not often.

It is an Excedrin headache trying to find dog sitters when I am running around the globe to take care of things !

How is the wedding preps going ? When is the big day ?

Timeline

Omoba

New grandchild

Caring for you many pets

Hey girl how are you,

If it weren't for God I could not even breathe. It is HIM who sustains me through boot camp, tests and trials.

I would have jumped off the cliff a long time ago if He had not given me the strength to endure.

I still have about 40 pages of waiver stuff to read on another message board so I can stay on top of the lawyer who seems competent.

Hoping to hire her in about a month or 2 to start this mess.

Had an offer on the house from a turkish family but they are not coming up to my price so I def need a buyer soon.

Don't you need a vacation house in germany :lol: ?

As to the dogs, I have bred, exhibited at shows and trained dogs for 20 + years ( Dachshunds.....wiener dogs :) ) but have slowed down and these guys are still here.

Every once in a while I will breed a litter of sweet little babies but not often.

It is an Excedrin headache trying to find dog sitters when I am running around the globe to take care of things !

How is the wedding preps going ? When is the big day ?

Is exactly why I don't / can't go anywhere. :(

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.