MasikAndKisya

US Entry Questions

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey everyone,

We will be entering the US with a K-1 Visa in hand this upcoming Sunday. I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. What should my fiancee expect when she is greeted by the security people? What questions do they ask? How does it all work? If anyone knows please help out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

They may ask a few questions and explain that K-1 needs to marry within the 90 days or they need to leave the country. They will take a fingerprint, and a picture, open and inspect the contents of the brown envelope. And welcome the K-1 to the USA.

We went through this a year ago, it was painless.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
They may ask a few questions and explain that K-1 needs to marry within the 90 days or they need to leave the country. They will take a fingerprint, and a picture, open and inspect the contents of the brown envelope. And welcome the K-1 to the USA.

We went through this a year ago, it was painless.

So nothing to worry about? I don't want her getting grilled or sent back, that last part is unrealistic, I know, but I'm just on pins and needles right now. Especially since I won't be able to go in there with her and have to be where the baggage claim is waiting for our luggage.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

hey yuriy,

i've been just reading last night reviews of ports of entry. check the POE in the menu and choose JFK. i found it really interesting ;) .

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php

AOS

04-16-2008: AOS package Sent to Chicago via Express Mail

05-13-2008: Biometrics

05-22-2008: AOS trasfered to CSC

06-13/17-2008: EAD Approved (2 CRIS email)

06-18/19-2008: AOS touch

06-20-2008: EAD Approval Notice Sent (email)

06-23-2008: EAD in mail

06-23-2008: Another EAD touch (9AM), EAD IN MAIL (1PM)

07-14-2008: I-485 Card Production Ordered

07-21-2008: Green Card in mail

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just make sure they do take him off for secondary processing. They tried to let Andre come on through. Luckily, I caught it and questioned it. I can only imagine that nightmare if I hadn't.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
hey yuriy,

i've been just reading last night reviews of ports of entry. check the POE in the menu and choose JFK. i found it really interesting ;) .

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php

Masha,

Thank you!

Just make sure they do take him off for secondary processing. They tried to let Andre come on through. Luckily, I caught it and questioned it. I can only imagine that nightmare if I hadn't.

Jomo's Girl,

Thank you, in all the excitement we could just breeze through and not even think twice!

Filed: Timeline

So, basically its like entering normally, besides the fact that they go through your brown envelope?

My wife is JenK on the forum

I am the one doing the trip :D

OUR VISA JOURNEY

12/16/05 My honey and I met online

04/27/06 to 5/14/07 We met for the first time in person

10/16/06 to 1/15/07 He visits for a second time

04/04/07 We get engaged!

05/29/07 K1 Application arrived at CSC

07/21/07 to 9/15/07 He visits for a third time

09/19/07 APPROVAL from CSC

11/16/07 NVC received petition

Petition is put under Administrative Processing

12/28/07 AP DONE! YAY! Off to the Consulate!

01/02/08 Consulate received and packet 3 sent

01/04/08 My honey gets packet 3

01/09/08 Medical Appointment *PASSED*

01/09/08 Packet 3 Returned

01/23/08 8:30 AM INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!! NOT APPROVED :(

01/23/08 Placed BACK on Administrative Processing

01/24/08 Sent consulate more proof of our relationship

01/28/08 Embassy receives the mail

02/01/08 WE WERE APPROVED!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU HONEY! SO MUCH! SOON we will FINALLY be together!!!

WEDDING DATE: 04/27/08!

AOS:

05/22/08 Package sent

06/02/08 Got all 3 NOA's

6/21/08 Biometrics

7/12/08 RFE: want 12 months of bank statements

7/16/08 mailed statements

7/22/08 statements received

and we wait...

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Bring all evidence of relationship with you,sometimes they dont even look at it,in my case they did looked at it...even at the picture of our house...

as long as she has affidavit of support notarized and all other papers ready,its going to be fine.Make sure she learns by heart adress where she is going to live..and in case if you had previous marriage she should carry divorce papers and explanation shy did you devorce..thats about it.she should be calm and honest..More honest she is faster it goes..good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

hmm looking at this post encourages me to look at the POE that i will be dealing with. Seeing as though i am from Dublin, Ireland and they actually do immigration in Dublin Airport, i guess i cant get my work stamp :( but what if i fly from dublin into JFK, can i ask them then? even though i went through immigration in dublin...i know its probably not possible, but i think its so unfair that all POE dont offer the stamp. i mean whats so good about JFK lol :wacko: i dont give up easily!

20967eadtkm9brekr0.gif

"If we begin with certainties, we shall end in doubts; but if we begin with doubts, and we are patient in them, we shall end in certainties."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
hmm looking at this post encourages me to look at the POE that i will be dealing with. Seeing as though i am from Dublin, Ireland and they actually do immigration in Dublin Airport, i guess i cant get my work stamp :( but what if i fly from dublin into JFK, can i ask them then? even though i went through immigration in dublin...i know its probably not possible, but i think its so unfair that all POE dont offer the stamp. i mean whats so good about JFK lol :wacko: i dont give up easily!

You will not be able to get the stamp at JFK, as you will be clearing customs & immigration in Dublin. From that point on, once you clear, you will be treated as if you are flying domestically in the US. You won't even come near the customs & immigration section at JFK.

I personally wouldn't stress so much about it. You can't work with a temp stamp until you get your SSN, and even then, many employers get super confused about the temp stamp and don't bother to hire based on that. The other problem with the temp stamp is that it's only good for 90 days, and unless you get married almost as soon as you get off the plane and get your paperwork in the mail the next day, it's doubtful you would get your EAD card in time, based on current processing times. Methinks that's why many POE's don't bother giving the stamp. But that's just my two cents.

To the OP: make sure that your fiance has her brown envelope in hand, and when she gets to the officer she needs to present it and say she wants to activate the K-1 visa in her passport. Most people have no problems, just a wait.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

hmm but i already have my SS number since i went to college in the states and we plan to get married two weeks after i get back to the states- i was going to file my change in status the same week as my wedding. Oh well i suppose i will just have to be a lady of leisure for a while once i wait for my Work Authorization AFTER I get married...really sucks though. I hope this will be the next law of immigration to change as people need to work!

20967eadtkm9brekr0.gif

"If we begin with certainties, we shall end in doubts; but if we begin with doubts, and we are patient in them, we shall end in certainties."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
hmm but i already have my SS number since i went to college in the states and we plan to get married two weeks after i get back to the states- i was going to file my change in status the same week as my wedding. Oh well i suppose i will just have to be a lady of leisure for a while once i wait for my Work Authorization AFTER I get married...really sucks though. I hope this will be the next law of immigration to change as people need to work!

I hear you, I really do. But they ask for a affidavit of support (financial) from your fiance during this process for a reason.

trust me, having a couple of months to adjust to your new surroundings ain't so bad. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.