Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Cheese for sure - it does fine out of the fridge and should be eaten at room temperature anyway :D

Dunking biscuits? Worcestershire sauce without corn syrup in, vegetable stock cubes, marmite...

I asked my mum to stick some heat patches into a little box she is sending me - the sticky kind you can put on your tummy - they are sooo cool and are like a quid in Asda :) I could really use one about now...

Six months until mum comes to visit :( Feels like forever :(

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
CHEESE! I miss the real stuff when I'm in the US... but that's probably not a good idea either for a flight, huh?

Cheese for sure - it does fine out of the fridge and should be eaten at room temperature anyway :D

Dunking biscuits? Worcestershire sauce without corn syrup in, vegetable stock cubes, marmite...

I asked my mum to stick some heat patches into a little box she is sending me - the sticky kind you can put on your tummy - they are sooo cool and are like a quid in Asda :) I could really use one about now...

Six months until mum comes to visit :( Feels like forever :(

maybe cheese. though the last time I asked someone go sent me cheese she was bringing it to me from Ireland with a cardigan I'd left behind. She got it, put it with my cardigan in a bag and got distracted. Then she left her apartment for a few days with the cheese left out on the counter. She said her apartment stunk when she got back, and so did my cardigan. :lol: Maybe mum will be more careful.

I just looked at the worcestershire sauce I bought over here, and it does have HFCS in it!! But I don't use it enough to care. I don't have any problem finding powdered stock either, it's just in larger containers, not cubes. No Asda in Ireland, so no heat thingies.

Ok, so far biscuits, maybe just a smidge of cheese. I think I might cave on the sausages too. Hmmmm what else. You know what I really want is Batchelors beans and peas, but they'd be far too heavy to bring.

Next question, what on earth should I do with them???

The UK Wiki

Eat them all!!!

How will you manage with the sausages? I thought customs were funny about meat coming across? Ohhh for some yummy proper sausages...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Ohh,.. maybe eating your family is a bad idea... :unsure:

With LA you shouldn't have too many problems - there are beaches, Hollywood, Downtown, all the touristy things that I have never seen :D ANd Universal Studios!! We should have a VJ LA meetup at Universal - that would be cool :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

So - I finally presented the presentation from hell that I have been working on for the past month and it was a resounding success! Only one more presentation to go and I can breathe easy!

And we got our NOA1 for LOC - hooray!

Poiteen - take your mother to the Getty Centre - especially if it's a clear day. The view up there is incredible! Also take her to the Griffith Park Observatory and for a ride up Mullholland Dr (if the driving isn't too scary for you)

Also - Huntingdon Library is good if you feel like making the trip - the gardens there are lovely

http://www.huntington.org/Information/HEHGeneral.html

90day.jpg

Great news on the NOA and the presentation!!!

Is it sad to think that I almost miss the kind of pressure involved in things like that?! I want to go back to uni just so I can stress out about having to hand assignments in all the time!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Look at me I am in the UK FORUM :yes:

I'm here with you

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Look at me I am in the UK FORUM :yes:

I'm here with you

WTF.gif

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Timeline

No to the sausages Pointy, not worth it & prolly won't make it thru. Not to mention very unsafe to eat after 11+ hours out of fridge.

Peas & beans can go in checked luggage! :yes:

I second the Getty, drive up the coast to Malibu, drive up to Santa Barbara. Drive South to some pretty beaches or San Diego.

Universal Studios, LACMA, Hollywood Bowl, Disney.

The list is endless....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.