one...two...tree

Best Cities For Jobs In 2008

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Austin, Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio all rank high on the latest forecast data from Moody's Economy.com. McAllen, Texas, is expected to have the highest job growth rate, as its leisure and hospitality, educational and health services and commercial construction jobs flourish.

"While the economy is cooling, Texas continues to generate more jobs than the national average," said Krista Piferrer, deputy press secretary to Gov. Rick Perry. "Unemployment is low in Texas, thanks in large part to a favorable business climate that encourages businesses to expand or relocate to our state."

Even still, Salt Lake City, in all its tech-job abundance, looks like it will remain No. 1 since Forbes.com's most recent ranking.

Click below for slideshow...

http://www.forbes.com/2008/01/10/jobs-econ...partner=yahoore

Filed: Other Timeline

Well that would make life just way too easy! Where's your sense of adventure! :P;)

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Now if jobs would grow in places I would actually want to live. :P

i agree...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

I was thinking mmmmaaaaayyybbbee Seattle, but I am not sure about the COL. Would probably have to be somewhere in the MSA. My husband is considering it for the weather (no seriously), but I am a little concerned about the cost. Everywhere else is out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Yeah, Raleigh's not so bad - it's close to Chapel Hill which is a great town IMO. The triangle area is really developing.

yup. i love cary, it feels very northeastern!

One of my roommates in college was from Cary. The houses are huge there - you'd pay a lot for something like that around here.

A friend of the family who's in IT just relocated to Cary to work in Raleigh. They had a average-sized house up here outside of Boston, but were able to get one of those huge places down there.

Austin, TX would be a WAY cool place to live!

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

sadly brother, it is still in Texas.. :pop:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Timeline
Yeah, Raleigh's not so bad - it's close to Chapel Hill which is a great town IMO. The triangle area is really developing.

yup. i love cary, it feels very northeastern!

One of my roommates in college was from Cary. The houses are huge there - you'd pay a lot for something like that around here.

A friend of the family who's in IT just relocated to Cary to work in Raleigh. They had a average-sized house up here outside of Boston, but were able to get one of those huge places down there.

I know. We checked out some new homes in the cary area last year and saw that. What's worse is prices out there aren't going down like they are here so who knows, i may get priced out of nc as well :)

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:bonk:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

You sir, sound like an Okie! :yes:

That was the funny thing about living in Oklahoma, they hated Texas with all their heart . . . but yet they all spent their weekends in Dallas.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Filed: Timeline

You sir, sound like an Okie! :yes:

That was the funny thing about living in Oklahoma, they hated Texas with all their heart . . . but yet they all spent their weekends in Dallas.

Funny and interesting.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.