SusieK

Obama Immigration Stance

35 posts in this topic

Barack Obama's Record

You can go to his website and actually suggest information with regard to LEGAL IMMIGRATION-

www.barackobama.com

Crack Down on Employers: Obama championed a proposal to create a system so employers can verify that their employees are legally eligible to work in the U.S.

Fix the Bureaucracy: Obama joined Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) to introduce the Citizenship Promotion Act to ensure that immigration application fees are both reasonable and fair. Obama also introduced legislation that passed the Senate to improve the speed and accuracy of FBI background checks.

Respect Families: Obama introduced amendments to put greater emphasis on keeping immigrant families together.

For More Information about Barack's Plan

Read the Plan

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Making Immigrant Petitions more economically feasible...

This means making it easier for future VJers (cheaper) to file.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Immigration fees already are reasonable. If anyone needs to wait to get paid to file a petition with a few hundred dollars, they should rethink being a sponsor of an immigrant.

What do you mean?

Filed: Timeline
Immigration fees already are reasonable. If anyone needs to wait to get paid to file a petition with a few hundred dollars, they should rethink being a sponsor of an immigrant.

What do you mean?

You know what I mean.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline

What do you mean?

You know what I mean.

You're talking about family based immigration. What about other visas?

What do you mean?

You know what I mean.

I'm talking about visas where one has to sponsor another immigrant. Fees should be high. That's not unreasonable. In fact, the income poverty limits should be much higher as well.

Timeline

What do you mean?

You know what I mean.

I'm talking about visas where one has to sponsor another immigrant. Fees should be high. That's not unreasonable. In fact, the income poverty limits should be much higher as well.

I guess you're assuming that the beneficiary would be a financial burden, but that isn't always the case.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What do you mean?

You know what I mean.

I have mixed feelings on that one Troll. I don't want to intentionally jack up any numbers on anyone. I believe those who follow me should have the same rules I had, for the most part. But, knowing that we were well above those limits, yet, struggling as we have, I can see your point. Those poverty guidelines are misleading.....they make you think, oh, you make this and you will be fine. That is not the case and the struggle is real. No one prepares you for the aftermath of the whole journey

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

What do you mean?

You know what I mean.

I guess you're assuming that the beneficiary would be a financial burden, but that isn't always the case.

Irrelevant. They could be, thus need for immigration via sponsorship to begin with. Anyone taking on the responsibility of sponsoring a new immigrant should be able to easily afford current immigration fees. If they can't, they're not ready.

I have mixed feelings on that one Troll. I don't want to intentionally jack up any numbers on anyone. I believe those who follow me should have the same rules I had, for the most part. But, knowing that we were well above those limits, yet, struggling as we have, I can see your point. Those poverty guidelines are misleading.....they make you think, oh, you make this and you will be fine. That is not the case and the struggle is real. No one prepares you for the aftermath of the whole journey

The limits are ridiculously low and do a poor job of setting expectations.

I agree with VJ Troll!

A net decrease of a few hundred should not be a burden on potential and current marriage based visa applicants and USCs or they should probably reconsider this option. Think about it! The current fee structure is an equitable adjustment based on cost, which only effects a small population of our citizens (as far as marriage based visas are concerned). This increase, in theory, reduces and/or eliminates tax payer contributions to the operational cost of the USCIS. Even though it sucks for us, it was the correct course of action. As a citizen, fee based services should pay for themselves, as much as, the cost are fair and defendable.

There is my five cents. Does anyone have change?

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline

What do you mean?

You know what I mean.

Heck definitely not my case! My girl's already looking at brokering a little international trade to supply a couple of luxury markets in this country...

Timeline

What do you mean?

You know what I mean.

This is correctly stated and is based on reality. One cannot assume to have to pay, pay, and pay and then be expected to do well while sponsoring unless the incoming immigrant is a financial blessing to the family in case of family-based visas. Judging by the expensive cost of living in this country and by the modest means to most VJers that mention how they are (honestly do, that is), we should strongly think twice about thinking up ways of charging more in fees.

Of course... there's another logical outcome. Charge more for legal immigration, all visa types... and you'll undoubtedly cause higher numbers of illegal immigration cases. Like its been said all along, people are people and will do what they have to do to survive (in the case of illegals that can't go the legal route).

Charge more for legal immigration, all visa types... and you'll undoubtedly cause higher numbers of illegal immigration cases.

Not 'undoubtedly'. Only if the risks of illegally migrating do not outweigh the benefits. The risks of being an illegal migrant in this country can be increased in many ways, some legislative, some not. However, doing so would involve measures many of us in this country would be deeply uncomfortable with.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, what statistics do we have that people who petition immigrations who just barely clear the poverty line end up eventually using social services?

I doubt it's that many. If people want to live together on $10/day in a grass hut in Nebraska or something, that's their business.