rakkaus

Cancelling I-129F

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Things went from bad to worse, and the engagement is permanently over.

What do I do to cancel the I-129F after it's been sent to the Helsinki consulate? The last communication I got was dated 12/31 and said it would be sent from NVC to Helsinki consulate within a week. There's no concern for visa fraud here, but at the same time, I am positive we will not be getting married after the things she has said and done, and I want finality. Do I call the consulate, or email them, or what? I assume that contacting VSC or USCIS would not help at this point since the petition was already forwarded.

Thanks everyone for helping when I was in the K-1 process. Honestly, I feel like I owe the USCIS a big hug right now, because their slowness saved me from a lifetime of misery.

Some people say I'm easily distracted, but that's not... Hey! A squirrel!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi everyone,

What do I do to cancel the I-129F after it's been sent to the Helsinki consulate? The last communication I got was dated 12/31 and said it would be sent from NVC to Helsinki consulate within a week. There's no concern for visa fraud here, but at the same time, I am positive we will not be getting married after the things she has said and done, and I want finality. Do I call the consulate, or email them, or what? I assume that contacting VSC or USCIS would not help at this point since the petition was already forwarded.

Thanks everyone for helping when I was in the K-1 process. Honestly, I feel like I owe the USCIS a big hug right now, because their slowness saved me from a lifetime of misery.

I would fax or email the Consulate telling them your intentions and asking for any specific instructions. Caution though, you wouldn't be the first or tenth here to change their mind after such definitive declaration. There's really no hurry until an interview date is assigned.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Sorry to hear about your situation. I suppose it is better to find out now, rather than later.

Citizenship

8/06/2011 - Package sent

8/25/2011 - Biometrics schedule

9/26/2011 - Interview date received

10/09/2011 - Received yellow letter

11/08/2011 - Interview date THANKS GOD went smooth n pretty easy with the nice lady IO takes 9-10 minutes wow???????????????

I think I waited more time for my Oath Ceremony schedule rather than interview process and after 13 minutes the lady gave my sched WOW CAN'T BELIEVE ......yayyyyyyy

11/16/2011 - Oath Ceremony

Visit My Website

www.roseandchuck.com

Removing Conditions

08/3/2010 - File for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/6/2010 - Received date/ Noticed Date

9/06/2010 - Biometric Date Modesto

12/2/2010 - Card production( they orderd) new card. I just checked I'm not in hurry but hahahaha lucky GOD IS SO GOOD THANKS FOR EVERYTHING PAPA JESUS MWAHHH.

AOS

06/06/2008 - AOS PACKAGE SENT

06/09/2008 - RECEIVED DATE

06/13/2008- NOTICED DATE checked cleared ( received in mail 06/17/2008 notice for AOS, EAD and AP)

07/09/2008- BIOMETRICS date modesto

08/18/2008- AP APPROVED ( received date 8/22/2008)

08/18/2008- EAD APPROVED ( received date 8/27/2008)

09/17/2008- RECEIVED interview date appoinment

10/29/2008- INTERVIEW date 1:00pm sacramento (approved)

11/05/2008- RECEIVED WELCOME NOTICE

11/07/2008- RECEIVED GREEN CARD

banner-1.jpg

Timeline
Hi everyone,

I would fax or email the Consulate telling them your intentions and asking for any specific instructions. Caution though, you wouldn't be the first or tenth here to change their mind after such definitive declaration. There's really no hurry until an interview date is assigned.

Done. While that's good advice in the general sense, this engagement is well and truly cooked. This isn't a rash decision; we actually called off the engagement December 22nd (the NOA2 email arrived during the final argument -- cruel irony!) and gave things a few weeks to make sure it wasn't a temporary thing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I have canceled my I-129F and it wasn't easy to get your paper work back

I contacted the consulate with an email they requested a certified letter stating i was canceling and proceeded to fax it to them

A week later i received a email that it was canceled and the packet was being returned to Vermont .

I waited a month to contact them when i called they had no clue were it was 2 days later i received an email it was found it will take a month to process

I called them 3 months later and they told me to send a letter to Vermont to request the paper work I sent 4 FedEx letters and 10 phone calls later never had an response.

so i still haven't received anything it so i called my Congressman in our district and they told him for me to use form G-884 for the return ...why didn't they tell me in the beginning .... and now i was informed it going to take another 6 months to process ...i was bulls@it...for what to put my packet in a envelope and send it to me ...so i contacted my congressman again ..pretty helpful i had a couple weeks later .....good luck hope you don't go what i went threw

K-1

September 18, 07 - Mailed K1 Petition

September 25, 07 - NOA1

October 10, 07 Touched

January 07 08 Touched Limitation Wavier required

January 16 08 Touched Filing Limitation Wavier received in Vermont

January 17 -21 08 Touched

January 22 08 NOA2 Approved

January 28 08 NVC Case number issued HNK********

February 15 08 received packet 3

March 23 08 sent packet to consulate

April 26 08 FPU check

June 3 08 interview in Hong Kong

June 7 08 Visa in hand

June 25 08 Arrived in Boston

Aug 15 08 Married

February 15 09 Applied for AOS

March 27 09 Biometrics done in Boston

May 1 09 AOS transfered to CSC

May 4,09 received I765 card

May 13 09 touched

June 10 ,09 Green Card ordered .. no interview

June 29 ,09 Received Green card

May 2011 filed for 10y Green card

June 2011 interview for green card

Timeline
Hi everyone,

I have canceled my I-129F and it wasn't easy to get your paper work back

I contacted the consulate with an email they requested a certified letter stating i was canceling and proceeded to fax it to them

A week later i received a email that it was canceled and the packet was being returned to Vermont .

I waited a month to contact them when i called they had no clue were it was 2 days later i received an email it was found it will take a month to process

I called them 3 months later and they told me to send a letter to Vermont to request the paper work I sent 4 FedEx letters and 10 phone calls later never had an response.

so i still haven't received anything it so i called my Congressman in our district and they told him for me to use form G-884 for the return ...why didn't they tell me in the beginning .... and now i was informed it going to take another 6 months to process ...i was bulls@it...for what to put my packet in a envelope and send it to me ...so i contacted my congressman again ..pretty helpful i had a couple weeks later .....good luck hope you don't go what i went threw

Very interesting. I did hear back from the Helsinki consulate this morning with the following:

Mr. xxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your notification - nothing else is needed. We will

return the I-129F petition back to the approving USCIS in the US.

Best regards, US consulate, Helsinki.

I assume "the approving USCIS" means VSC. In any event, I don't really care if they send it back to me. It's bad memories and I'd just destroy the papers anyway. Can I ask why you wanted yours back? -- not meaning to pry, just wondering if there's a reason that I *should* want mine back.

• 7 months later...
Timeline

I'm responding to my own, very old, thread, because I posted the wrong answer that I was given by the Helsinki consulate. It is not enough to email the consulate, even if they tell you otherwise!

Months after the demise of the engagement, I received a letter from USCIS basically saying, "Hey, what's up? Haven't heard from you for awhile." (!) Nobody there knew what was up with my file, and it was apparently impossible to locate it, but everyone with whom I spoke agreed that I needed to send in a letter formally cancelling the application. I believe it went to VSC, but it's been a little while now -- just occurred to me that I should update VJ in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread.

This bugs me, not just because one figures that an American consulate should know about immigration to America, but also because I don't know when the USCIS two-year clock starts. Does it start from NOA1? NOA2? The time when a petition is cancelled? The time when a petition is formally ended? Eek!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
It is not enough to email the consulate, even if they tell you otherwise!
It's good and classy of you to bring this up, as a reminder to others: Notify USCIS (in writing) when you are cancelling or withdrawing a petition. It's probably a good idea to write the NVC, too. Cover all the bases.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.