We_Destiny

Immigration Fraud ****Share Your Stories****

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Come in share your stories.

A place / a home / an arena for those wronged / hurt / scammed to communicate stories, scream, cry and heal themselves past the pain of lost love.

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Your so thoughtful Destiny! :energetic:

A place / a home / an arena for those wronged / hurt / scammed to communicate stories, scream, cry and heal themselves past the pain of lost love.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

Not thoughtful tired of the fraud, scammer and deport direction most threads were going in.

Also, I'm not trying to be funny / scarcastic. I TRUELY BELIEVE having a topic designated to the subject is practical.

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

Timeline

Not thoughtful tired of the fraud, scammer and deport direction most threads were going in.

Also, I'm not trying to be funny / scarcastic. I TRUELY BELIEVE having a topic designated to the subject is practical.

If I know which one you were talking about, that was the topic of the post. Not like it changed in the middle. People know her mission and should stay away from her postings if they have a problem with her topics and responses.

This post showed up in the African Sub portal Discussion, which leaves out other part of the country where visa fraud also takes place. You should post it in the off topic or adjustment after arrival in us. (something like that)

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

If I know which one you were talking about, that was the topic of the post. Not like it changed in the middle. People know her mission and should stay away from her postings if they have a problem with her topics and responses.

Are you asking me to clarify a statement, suggesting that I stay away from topics, or giving me creative criticism? I can't decipher your response.

This post showed up in the African Sub portal Discussion, which leaves out other part of the country where visa fraud also takes place. You should post it in the off topic or adjustment after arrival in us. (something like that)

A mod and or organizer can move it.

Sad to say that I don't post alot in other areas, I primarily post in Sub-Sahara, and since most of the post I noticed were hi-jacked or changed direction in topics were in this portal, I decided to place this topic here.

As you put it in your first response, I was just being thoughtful. I don't have any experience in fraud to contribute to the topic just giving an alternative, as was suggested by a few people during the discussions to keep down some of the tension that was building.

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

Timeline

sorry I was at work and was just making quick & vague communication. I had read you statement in another post that you were going to do this. The post I read this in Was regarding a poster (idocare) that is commonly know in the Nigerian Portal for posting her thought on deportaion and fraud. This is the forum I was talking about was "What would u do ?, u discovered husband/wife only wanted greencard".

So people in there were complain were this topic was going when the inception of the topic was already there.

This had nothing to do with criticism. Just conversation.

I was making a suggestion to post this someplace else so the topic is not only base around people in the African Sub region. The people might not generalized and focus on the action and not the culture.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

This thread was started with a good purpose, but it somehow died. It's always interesting to hear other's stories of fraud. What happened to We_Destiny, by the way? I haven't seen her in a while.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
This thread was started with a good purpose, but it somehow died. It's always interesting to hear other's stories of fraud. What happened to We_Destiny, by the way? I haven't seen her in a while.

She was on here a little while ago...I wonder where she went.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok...I got a story :whistle:

Chapter One

Once upon a time....

In a land far far away (I think Nigeria), There was this man. He was a medicine man. He took care of all the sick people in his village. He spent many long hours at his clinic, but made very little money for his efforts. One day he got a wonderful idea. Maybe if he could meet an American woman, she would fall in love with him, and bring him to the USA where he could become a rich and successful doctor. He began searching dating sites, chat rooms, myspace, facebook, and many other social sites in search of his Queen. One day he happened upon a woman who seemed the perfect one. He communicated with her for many months, sending her poetry and professing his love. He was surprised to discover that she believed everything he told her and she too began professing her love for him. Soon she wanted to come for a visit. He prepared all his family for her arrival. He explained that she was to be the one that would take him to America. The whole village was in joyous anticipation of her visit. They all wanted to meet this woman who declared her love for the doctor before they had even met. And who would be so trusting and generous to accept his every word as the truth. The time they shared was wonderful. Everyone was so nice and polite to her. She felt at ease and comfortable with this man, the doctor. They became engaged.

When she returned home she began the process of applying for his visa. Many months went by and the time seemed to stand still. The doctor continued his work, and patiently awaited the news of their approval. He knew in the back of his mind that what he was doing was not perfect in God's eyes...but he thought, "maybe I will come to love this woman when I am away from the perils of my country, and I will have peace in my percieved deception". There were many times he questioned whether he sould ever love this woman. She seemed to have emotional issues that would surface from time to time, and at times seemed to have anger and sadness inside her heart. But he began praying that God give him the strength and courage to face this deed that he had done, and he tried to explain that he had to try to make a better life for his family, and if it meant sacrificing one person for the sake of many...then God should understand.

The time had finally arrived. He was on his way to the Land of Riches..America! He would soon be building a new life for himself, and one in which he could support his family back home. His fiance greeted him at the airport, and the first day of the rest of his life was about to begin. They had many wedding plans to make, and the doctor began the difficult process of adjusting to a new way of life. As he soon realized, it was not as easy as he had imagined. His new wife was not the person he had thought she was.She became pregnant. Her emotional instability began to dominate the atmosphere to the point that the doctor had to distance himself. Her demands became unbearable. She began to become intolorant to his lack of understanding of the customs and ways of the western world. She expected him to do and be more than he was capable of at this time. He began seeking people in the community who he could talk to and who would understand. He gained self confidence and strength from his new circle of friends. He discovered there were many other men who had attempted his same journey, who also were in a marriage they were not happy in. Some of them "scammed" their wives into marrying them, others were genuine in the beginning but grew to realize they never really knew their wife at all. Some were still married, and determined to make it work. Others were trying desperately to find ways out. He heard stories of abuse, both physical and psychological, and also of those who would lie about it in order to get away from their wives.

He knew he could no longer pretend. He decided after the baby was born, he would leave his wife. Althought he loved his child, he knew that God would take of it in his absence. He knew there would come a day when he would be reunited with his child again. But right now he could no longer stand to be around his nagging, selfish, angry, hurtful, pitiful wife. If he was there a minute longer he feared what would happen. So he prayed...and God told him to be done. To move on. To learn from his mistakes. To become a better man. And so he he did.

Although he still suffers the pains of his defeat. He continues to grow and learn. His ex-wife has not been so fortunate. She has been unable to cope with the loss. She despises this doctor who stole her heart and broke it in two. She curses his evilness every chance she gets, and preaches the ugliness to all who will listen. She blames everything on the doctor who was only after a greencard. She talks of others who will do the same, and warns all the naive, immature, gullible women of the world to be careful, as soon you will be a victim too. She lives in anger and resentment, and is unable to accept any responsibility for the outcome. She lives in a cocoon of despair. Wanting only to retaliate and condemn.

Chapter 2?

(Ok people...who's next? Let's keep this story going. But of course keep it within the topic! we don't want to derail this thread!!!) :no:

Footnote: This is a hypothetical story, any similarites to real people or events is strictly coincidental. ;)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

That's a good story with an interesting perspective. I'm not much of a writer, so I won't mess up the story by continuing it. I'll let someone else do that.

But it did remind me . . . .THERE ARE TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY!!!

Don't judge because you don't have all the facts.

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I didn't like that story being posted. I found it hurtful. I just want to be done with this #######. I don't like the direction this forum is moving in. We really need to remain positive and supportive of each other. When negativity is thrown out, the wind blows it back. Please don't let it stain you. We've been positive people supporting each other where ever we are on this journey. There has been negativity on this forum that is bringing everything else down. Admittedly, it's a distraction from our own journey which can be painful. I miss Bassi and it hurts like hell that we're still not together. But I don't want to be distracted from the pain. I want to feel support and be supportive to others. Maybe it is best that we just ignore certain posts because it seems to change us and the flavor of this forum when we don't. My mother always taught me that when something is changing who you are or how you behave for the negative, eliminate it from your life. Let's give that a try.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I didn't like that story being posted. I found it hurtful. I just want to be done with this #######. I don't like the direction this forum is moving in. We really need to remain positive and supportive of each other. When negativity is thrown out, the wind blows it back. Please don't let it stain you. We've been positive people supporting each other where ever we are on this journey. There has been negativity on this forum that is bringing everything else down. Admittedly, it's a distraction from our own journey which can be painful. I miss Bassi and it hurts like hell that we're still not together. But I don't want to be distracted from the pain. I want to feel support and be supportive to others. Maybe it is best that we just ignore certain posts because it seems to change us and the flavor of this forum when we don't. My mother always taught me that when something is changing who you are or how you behave for the negative, eliminate it from your life. Let's give that a try.

I agree with you, it was a little over the top, although I think it was posted to make a point rather than to be negative. I just think ebony wanted to offer the reality that there are two sides to every story, and that sometimes things dont happen the way they seem, or can be interrpreted differently from each persons perspective. I think she touched on some interesting subjects. We all see life thru different eyes.

I think there is always gonna be the need for a place to post negative stuff, or feelings, otherwise it will be creeping into all the other posts. (as we have seen!!!!) And the majority of us need to have the positive encouraging place to go, while others need to vent in a more negative way. The bottom line is, if we don't want to read/respond to the negative stuff, then we can move on.

Maybe this will be a starting point to start having a more mature and realistic discussion on "scamming" and immigration fraud, cuz we all know its out there.

God Bless (L)

DSCN0183-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.