CanGal

How many Christians here??

151 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
(F) ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((group hug))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

What is this tread about again? :P

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My impression from the OP's first post was that they were interested in finding out who was a Christian here. By chiming and saying "not" the OP gets her answer...and can continue to commune with people whom she wants based on that answer. I don't think the OP meant this to become any sort of a problem, and frankly, until a couple of the Christian posts on here (Lily's at the beginning, yours, Ace13's which while understandable and a fair question, is going to open a lot of discussion which may not go so well), I don't think it would have been.

No one has attacked anyone for being Christian, unless you consider a person saying they're not a Christian is somehow an attack on your faith.

I was in no way Bashing ANYONE for their beliefs .Its totally up to them and their personal choice as to what they believe in. I have been friends with believers & non believers and people whom are somewhere in the middle. I have NEVER "preachedZ" my religion to anyone.

I was simply stating that Religious based threads seem to attract All kinds of debate and usually end up being closedand thats unfortunate. That its odd that ppl can post political stuff, jokes, or something with sexual content and it stays on board much longer then a Religious post. That was MY take on it.

I also don't see anywhere that the OP said that "only Christians can post" They asked a simple question. People answered whether they were Christain, agnostic or non- believers. I see nothing wrong with non-believers or people whom believe in their personal version of God in posting in this thread.

I just think if people were respectful of ALL religions and views , everyone would be alot happier. :yes:

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

You know, I'm going to go a little deeper with my second answer...as I said before I am Christian (actually Catholic) and I am very strong in my faith. I have what I think to be a very good relationship with God.

That being said, I have to agree with a poster here who said that with organized religion comes problems....I am not a 'die-hard' Catholic as I feel every organized religion has it's problems. Perhaps then I'm more spiritual than religious, but I do find myself thinking along most lines of Christianity.

I was previously married & I actually filed for an annulement. I was recovering from a massive spinal cord injury, just suffered a horrendous death in my family, and was going through a divorce. My physical limitations at the time prevented me from working a 40-hour week, and I was living in a house that my family owned. What did the church do? Ask me for $800 to file the papers, that's what!

And not only that, they sent my ex a letter saying 'we implore you to fight this annulement' on the same day that they cashed my check.

Christianity may have been started with Christ, but unfortunately it is now in the hands of mere men who are fallable. And so many times Christianity...and other religions....have been the justification in which to judge someone else...and that's not right. :no:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I say it's similar to the rules of dinner conversation and dating...the same should apply to message boards...

don't discuss, religion, politics, or ex boyfriends :)

As for the "Christians only can post..."

It asks...HOW MANY CHRISTIANS? the non-christians are just helping out. They are saying, I'm not....and that way the OP can cross them off the list and move on to the next!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
You know, I'm going to go a little deeper with my second answer...as I said before I am Christian (actually Catholic) and I am very strong in my faith. I have what I think to be a very good relationship with God.

That being said, I have to agree with a poster here who said that with organized religion comes problems....I am not a 'die-hard' Catholic as I feel every organized religion has it's problems. Perhaps then I'm more spiritual than religious, but I do find myself thinking along most lines of Christianity.

I was previously married & I actually filed for an annulement. I was recovering from a massive spinal cord injury, just suffered a horrendous death in my family, and was going through a divorce. My physical limitations at the time prevented me from working a 40-hour week, and I was living in a house that my family owned. What did the church do? Ask me for $800 to file the papers, that's what!

And not only that, they sent my ex a letter saying 'we implore you to fight this annulement' on the same day that they cashed my check.

Christianity may have been started with Christ, but unfortunately it is now in the hands of mere men who are fallable. And so many times Christianity...and other religions....have been the justification in which to judge someone else...and that's not right. :no:

This is an example of the type christianity I've experienced. Not saying other people of other religions haven't experienced something similar, but just my experience in the christian faith.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why are there people posting in here saying they are 'Agnostic' or non believers??

Its very clearly stated this is a thread for CHRISTIAN people on VJ. NOT a thread to post about other religions and to bash religion/christianity.

ummmm...really???? the question was "how many Christians here??" there never was a statement saying...'Christians only'....I answered 'not'....since there was a question...........

yawn. 'HOW MANY?' not 'ARE THEY ANY?' By the nature of the topic title and the question posed, its aimed at CHRISTIANS. If there was a post asking how many people owned red shoes, would you post in there and say 'not.......'? I doubt it. There wouldnt be any arguments stirred up in that scenario so what would be the point.

I'm not answering any more posts in here that arent to do with the Post Topic.

Almost sounds like this is an invite only thread.

It's clearly been mislabled, then. Damn the lack of telepathic skills having to depend solely on the written word! :whistle:

You, as always, are brilliant :thumbs: and witty! Thanks for keeping this real! :lol:

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
... I don't think the OP meant this to become any sort of a problem, and frankly, until a couple of the Christian posts on here (Lily's at the beginning, yours, Ace13's which while understandable and a fair question, is going to open a lot of discussion which may not go so well), I don't think it would have been.

I was in no way Bashing ANYONE for their beliefs .Its totally up to them and their personal choice as to what they believe in. I have been friends with believers & non believers and people whom are somewhere in the middle. I have NEVER "preachedZ" my religion to anyone.

I was simply stating that Religious based threads seem to attract All kinds of debate and usually end up being closedand thats unfortunate. That its odd that ppl can post political stuff, jokes, or something with sexual content and it stays on board much longer then a Religious post. That was MY take on it.

I also don't see anywhere that the OP said that "only Christians can post" They asked a simple question. People answered whether they were Christain, agnostic or non- believers. I see nothing wrong with non-believers or people whom believe in their personal version of God in posting in this thread.

I just think if people were respectful of ALL religions and views , everyone would be alot happier. :yes:

This is a direct quote of your first post on this thread:

This Thread will most likely be taken over by the Non-believers and then closed unfortunetly.

Funny how peeps in VJ can post all kinds of bashing but say something good or say your a Christian and you get put down. sighs Oh well. no0pb.gif

I didn't say you'd bashed anyone. For their beliefs or otherwise.

However, reading what you first wrote, it doesn't read exactly like your explanation above, does it? How do you think that reads to non-believers? That they're out to get the Christians and wreck their threads? Or that they're just going to put down Christians who post here? The vast majority of the thread after your post belied that indication. As a result, I pointed out that it was posts that held a tone such as the one you put forth, inclusivity comments such as James' and questions as Ace13 put forth that contribute to the friction.

Your initial post reads like you put the blame solely at the feet of non-believers in the heated debates, and reasonably that's not true. I've seen some proclaimed Christians here slinging mud just like the non-believers. My point was only that it takes 2 to tango. You may not have meant it that way, and thank you for clarifying because in reading your second post, I believe you didn't. But forgive me and anyone else who read your first post and misunderstood you...I hope you can see what I mean here.

I also think that the mud-slingers are truly in the minority; as 6 pages of this thread attests Christians and non-believers (or non-Christians?) can speak respectfully to one another and agree to disagree.

Peace. :)

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

The OP only asked how many people are christians in this forum, why couldnt the answers be limited to "I am" and "I am not" instead of it always leading into some huge controversy? I am not saying this to start anything, the person wanted to know who was a christian and who wasnt, why do the two sense have to be added in? And before it comes up, no I am not just directing this to the non-believers.

Edited by Stina

Why are there people posting in here saying they are 'Agnostic' or non believers??

Its very clearly stated this is a thread for CHRISTIAN people on VJ. NOT a thread to post about other religions and to bash religion/christianity.

What is it with some people (not naming names) and not being able to leave it alone.

Yes, I am a Christian :dance:(L)

~James

56456.jpg

Actually it was a question asking who was christian here. So the agnostics were answering, as asked.

Joanne (USA) and Anthony (WALES) =)~

Sept 2002...after talking for over 4 years and becoming BEST of friends then falling deeply in love, my sweetie came to the USA and visited me.

Nov 2002 - Visited again for 2 weeks.

Jan 2003 - Visited again for 2 weeks!! This is getting serious!

Feb 2003 - I flew to the UK and brought my baby home with me. =)~

Oct 2003 - He asked me to marry him while standing in the Atlantic Ocean in Florida. I have my ring!!!

Dec 2003 - First Christmas together

Jan 1 2004 - Happy New Years!

April 2004 - Our Wedding at last!

November 17, 2004 - sent in AOS packet

November 20, 2004 - got receipt back!!

December 9 2004 - NOA1!

December 29, 2004 - I130 and I765 touched!

January 8, 2005 - Request for more info grrr.. his birth certificate ( that I DID send with my package. Where did it go?)

January 20, 2005 - I485 touched!

January 25, 2005 - appt for Biometrics!

January 27, 2005 - Email stating EAD is approved!!!

February 4, 2005 - EAD in mail!!!!

February 9, 2005 - Applyed for SS# and approved in office. He's in the system!

February 9, 2005 - Denyed NJ drivers licence til SS card is in hand =(

Feb 14th - SS# came in mail!! It only took 5 days to arrive!!

Feb 16 - ....going this afternoon for NJ Drivers Permit

Feb 16 - faileddddd!! Will try again in a week

Feb 25 - ~passed~ Hubby has his driving license!!

Jan 11 - Interview date!!!

*Interview done and approved!!!* Yeahh!

whew done for now~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Those same Christians who professed to be such loving people were some of the very ones who judged me for leaving my abusive ex husband. They profess to love everyone, regardless of their place in life, yet when I leave a situation that was potentially dangerous I was looked upon (or down upon) by those same loving people.

AMEN SISTER! I recently had a very serious talk with my parents regarding how they have treated me through a very difficult divorce and how the church....their church and the church I grew up in treated me. My parents are christians and I have been raised a Christian. I was in an abusive relationship off and on for 12 years. Every time I tried to leave I would get "you need to work this out," God frowns on divorce, etc, etc. I also got the same reponse from the church I attended. When I did leave due to the fact I was almost killed, I was basically shunned from the church. Forget the fact that I had the ####### beat out of me....it was me that was not following Gods plan for my life because I chose to leave the husband "God gave to me" and I needed to "work things out." Needless to say, I did not go to church for a few years and found it very hard to even trust people that said that they are Christians. Back to my parents....they had their doubts about my fiance and mines relationship because he is Muslim. I brought up the fact that so many Christians are so judgemental and they were doing the same thing. They agreed and changed their tune quickly. They love my fiance and know that God will be the center of our marriage.

Now....on a better note. To answer the OP question YES, I am a Christian. I have found a very nice church family that accept me the way I am. In the meantime over the past year I met a wonderful Muslim man. We have both talked a lot on the Christian/Muslim belief and we both say we love God. God is God in our eyes. We both highly beleive that God brought us together and he will keep us together.

I think a lot of people say they are Christians, but they do not live their lives as Christians, or live it as Christians when they are in the church. This is what has given a lot of people a bad taste. If you say you are a Christian, you need to act it.

Edited by Aymerlu

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
I think a lot of people say they are Christians, but they do not live their lives as Christians, or live it as Christians when they are in the church. This is what has given a lot of people a bad taste. If you say you are a Christian, you need to act it.

Makes for an interesting question:

When you hear the word Christian, what do you immediately think of? I remember in college being asked to name the first word that came to your mind when hearing another word. I wonder what the general perception is about the word Christian.

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Makes for an interesting question:

When you hear the word Christian, what do you immediately think of? I remember in college being asked to name the first word that came to your mind when hearing another word. I wonder what the general perception is about the word Christian.

Now see...this needs to be a totally different thead lest I get in trouble :unsure:

.png

Our Second Anniversary

I want to succeed in America where, unlike Britain, they do not regard ambition as being the same as eating babies.

The National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do," but I think the gun helps, you know? I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it? You'd have to have a really dodgy heart to have that happen.

There's a huge hole in the whole Flood drama, because anything that could float or swim got away scot-free, and it was the idea to wipe out everything, He didn't say, "I will kill everything, except the floating ones and the swimming ones, who will get out due to a loophole."

Eddie Izzard

eddieizzard.jpgizzard.jpgizz.jpg115422114991504.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
:whistle:

Emily (Me) American (Oregon) - Shane (Him) Australian (Adelaide)

I-130

July 21st, 2005 - Mailed petition

July 25th, 2005 - Petition delivered to Nebraska

August 2nd, 2005 - Petition received at CSC

August 3rd, 2005 - Mailed NOA1

August 5th, 2005 - Money order cashed!!!!

August 9th, 2005 - Received NOA1 via snail mail

January 18th, 2006 - NOA2

I-129F

October 19th, 2005 - Mailed petition

October 23rd, 2005 - Petition delivered to Chicago Lockbox

October 26th, 2005 - NOA1

December 1st, 2005 - APPROVED!!!!

December 12th, 2005 - NVC Received

December 15th 2005 - Petition left NVC

December 28th, 2005 - Received by Sydney

January 2nd, 2006 - Packet 3 Received

January 9th, 2006 - DS-230 Pt. 1 and Checklist sent to Sydney