CanGal

How many Christians here??

151 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Why are there people posting in here saying they are 'Agnostic' or non believers??

Its very clearly stated this is a thread for CHRISTIAN people on VJ. NOT a thread to post about other religions and to bash religion/christianity.

What is it with some people (not naming names) and not being able to leave it alone.

Yes, I am a Christian :dance:(L)

~James

56456.jpg

:yes:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

I personally refound my faith last June. I had been not attending Church, not praying and had really let religion leave my life. Last summer, I felt the need to return to church. My husband has never really been into going to church or praying, either--though we both believed in Father, Son and Holy Spirit with all of our hearts. Believing was enough for us for that time in our life. We have now began to practice. Attending Mass, getting involved with the church community etc and we have begun to pray before meals and other times of the day. It is still strange for us to pray together. New I guess. We bow our heads and pray in silence before meals. We both want to teach our children how to pray and that has to come from our example.

Why are there people posting in here saying they are 'Agnostic' or non believers??

Its very clearly stated this is a thread for CHRISTIAN people on VJ. NOT a thread to post about other religions and to bash religion/christianity.

What is it with some people (not naming names) and not being able to leave it alone.

~James

56456.jpg

People like debating. I think they mean no offense. I hope my questions didn't bother you. Peace man :thumbs:

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

For non-believers in God:

What is the meaning of life if you don't belive in a God? What is there to live for? I would struggle personally if I didn't believe in God. I would be so confused and without purpose. That is just me personally, of course. But if you don't believe, do you have any of those thoughts? :unsure: Just wondering...

you see..........that is why threads like this get closed..........

Edited by welshcookie

and yet people are still doing it...

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

What is the meaning of life if you don't belive in a God? What is there to live for? :unsure: Just wondering...

Well, I'd imagine that one's children is something to live for. To have a positive impact on the lives of people around you is something to live for. To try and understand how this universe or small parts thereof work is something to live for. Just to name three things out of a big ole' bucket of things to live for besides believing in one God or another... ;)

I mean the afterlife-that is eternity--not just a few years on earth.

I realize family and such gives people great meaning--but not in a bigger picture sense.

Of course, the mysterious "afterlife" you refer to is part your belief system and not much more. Thus, those that don't believe the way you do, have no worries with regards to something that is part of your rather than their belief system.

The most important "afterlife" and your testimony to the world is the "afterlife" that you create - your children. Those are (rather: will be) not just a part of my belief system but a part of the very real world that you and I live in. And that is so whether you choose to believe it or not... :D;):P

ummmm...really???? the question was "how many Christians here??" there never was a statement saying...'Christians only'....I answered 'not'....since there was a question...........

ummmm...really???? the question was "how many Christians here??" there never was a statement saying...'Christians only'....I answered 'not'....since there was a question...........

yawn. 'HOW MANY?' not 'ARE THEY ANY?' By the nature of the topic title and the question posed, its aimed at CHRISTIANS. If there was a post asking how many people owned red shoes, would you post in there and say 'not.......'? I doubt it. There wouldnt be any arguments stirred up in that scenario so what would be the point.

I'm not answering any more posts in here that arent to do with the Post Topic.

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

yawn. 'HOW MANY?' not 'ARE THEY ANY?' By the nature of the topic title and the question posed, its aimed at CHRISTIANS. If there was a post asking how many people owned red shoes, would you post in there and say 'not.......'? I doubt it. There wouldnt be any arguments stirred up in that scenario so what would be the point.

Almost sounds like this is an invite only thread.

Hi Everyone. I was just curious how many people were a part of visa journey on a regular basis and are christians?? I know there was a thread awhile back on this topic but I can't seem to find it so I thought I would ask again. Personally without God and VisaJourney I don't know where I would be in this whole process. God is the only one who keeps me sane as I sit and wait on the government and I think he provided Visa Journey to us all to make such a complicated process a lot easier on us all. So lets Praise him for that blessing. :D

CanGal

~James

56456.jpg

Greetings. I quoted both you, and the OP, and I'll just take a moment to point out that at no point does the OP state the thread is for Christians only. In fact, it doesn't mention being restricted at all. The OP states that God provided solace for their journey, and wonders how many felt the same way. The other posters have, for the most part, been explaining what religious/spiritual beliefs they follow. Nor has there been much bashing, although it could be interpreted that the 3rd post in was fairly barbed.

Please to explain where this thread was labeled for "CHRISTIAN" people on VJ. I think in asking how many Christians were on VJ, the OP opened up the thread for answers. Any answers.

If you want to have a restricted thread, feel free, but understand that this is a public forum, where anyone is entitled to respond, on any subject.

I'll join with my peacenik friends and bid you all....

peace out

Disclaimer: I am a smart-a55. Anything I say can and will be used against you in whatever forum I so choose. My posts are based on my own perspective, and should not be taken as anything other than my own opinion. Any resemblance to real people, living or dead, is coincidental. Minimum system requirements are a human brain, version 1.0. Suggested system requirements are a human brain version 1.0 with a sense of humor and a logical thought processor above 1.0 beta. Should not be used by children. Hazardous when wet.

B3 5C 0C E2 91 8B 91 F8 7A 2C 7E E4 17 79 FA D6

Hi Everyone. I was just curious how many people were a part of visa journey on a regular basis and are christians?? I know there was a thread awhile back on this topic but I can't seem to find it so I thought I would ask again. Personally without God and VisaJourney I don't know where I would be in this whole process. God is the only one who keeps me sane as I sit and wait on the government and I think he provided Visa Journey to us all to make such a complicated process a lot easier on us all. So lets Praise him for that blessing. :D

CanGal

~James

56456.jpg

Greetings. I quoted both you, and the OP, and I'll just take a moment to point out that at no point does the OP state the thread is for Christians only. In fact, it doesn't mention being restricted at all. The OP states that God provided solace for their journey, and wonders how many felt the same way. The other posters have, for the most part, been explaining what religious/spiritual beliefs they follow. Nor has there been much bashing, although it could be interpreted that the 3rd post in was fairly barbed.

Please to explain where this thread was labeled for "CHRISTIAN" people on VJ. I think in asking how many Christians were on VJ, the OP opened up the thread for answers. Any answers.

If you want to have a restricted thread, feel free, but understand that this is a public forum, where anyone is entitled to respond, on any subject.

I'll join with my peacenik friends and bid you all....

peace out

Maybe the OP meant it to be a free for all religious thread and get everyones views etc. But by asking how many 'CHRISTIANS' there are kind of limits it to one religious view in my opinion. They arent asking who is and isnt christians, theyre asking how many christians are there. I dont see how that can be aimed at anyone who isnt a Christian?? :blink:

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Almost sounds like this is an invite only thread.

It's clearly been mislabled, then. Damn the lack of telepathic skills having to depend solely on the written word! :whistle:

well hush my mouth........

Maybe the OP meant it to be a free for all religious thread and get everyones views etc. But by asking how many 'CHRISTIANS' there are kind of limits it to one religious view in my opinion. They arent asking who is and isnt christians, theyre asking how many christians are there. I dont see how that can be aimed at anyone who isnt a Christian?? :blink:

I truly admire your oh so Christian spirit of inclusion. Or maybe not. :wacko:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow James and Miranda, how rude of you to say that no one but Christians can post in this thread and that you will ignore all the non believers. That is a fundamental reason why some religious people bug me, if you aren't one of them, you are ignored, or not worthy of talking to. I don't bash Christians, or anyone of any religion but they sure bash us a lot. Your post is probably one reason this thread will get closed, I was mad when I read it. It was going nicely until you somehow pulled out of nowhere that no one but Christians can post in here and that we are somehow bashing people by stating we aren't Christians and saying what we believe.

I believe in God, but also believe in other stuff.

I agree with what ET posted about what we live for and a purpose. I guess I try to live to reward others, not live so I'm rewarded at the end.

Edited by Chicky

Emily (Me) American (Oregon) - Shane (Him) Australian (Adelaide)

I-130

July 21st, 2005 - Mailed petition

July 25th, 2005 - Petition delivered to Nebraska

August 2nd, 2005 - Petition received at CSC

August 3rd, 2005 - Mailed NOA1

August 5th, 2005 - Money order cashed!!!!

August 9th, 2005 - Received NOA1 via snail mail

January 18th, 2006 - NOA2

I-129F

October 19th, 2005 - Mailed petition

October 23rd, 2005 - Petition delivered to Chicago Lockbox

October 26th, 2005 - NOA1

December 1st, 2005 - APPROVED!!!!

December 12th, 2005 - NVC Received

December 15th 2005 - Petition left NVC

December 28th, 2005 - Received by Sydney

January 2nd, 2006 - Packet 3 Received

January 9th, 2006 - DS-230 Pt. 1 and Checklist sent to Sydney