Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
What, no Government Language interpreters here? I did briefly read the course syllabus on how to be a Government Language writer or speaker, use as many words as possible with saying a darn thing was the most important. The other was never use a double negative in a sentence when you can use a triple negative instead.

My best interpretation of this e-mail is to hurry up and wait, seems like I heard that before when I was in the military.

Ok,how do you explain this :

They updated my status on USCIS Website as

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

AND I HAVE RECEIVED ALREADY MY 10 YEARS GC

I checked that card 1000 times and yes ...everything is correct + letter from my Senator saying that my application was approved

I think somebody out there made a big mistake sending these e-mails

Edited by iansig40

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just got this email today too:

"Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register."

Why doesn't it say WHERE it was transfered to? I'm guessing California, but what the heck?

Sounds to me like someone created a quick email blast yesterday... someone is playing catch-up! Hey, that works for me. Won't be in time for me not to go to Infopass next week, but yet, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Why doesn't it say WHERE it was transfered to? I'm guessing California, but what the heck?

That is a secret Tammi..... shhhhhhh don't tell! :lol:

I-130:

04-05-2004: I-130 NOA1 (NSC)

11-09-2004: I-130 NOA2 (CSC)

11-23-2004: NVC assigns Case Number

12-07-2004: I-864 fee to NVC

12-10-2004: DS 3032 to NVC

01-10-2005: IV fee to NVC

01-17-2005: I-864 to NVC

02-14-2005: DS 230 to NVC

03-04-2005: Case Complete!

03-09-2005: Case forwarded to Frankfurt

04-12-2005: Interview in Frankfurt

04-15-2005: VISA ARRIVES!

04-22-2005: FLIGHT HOME TO CHICAGO!

I-751:

01-31-2007: I-751 sent to Nebraska Service Center

02-01-2007: I-751 Received at PO Box (per USPS notification)

02-02-2007: NOA Date

02-23-2007: NOA & Biometrics appointment received in mail

03-02-2007: Biometrics appt

04-01-2008: CRIS emails with info that case was transferred. A-ha!

04-07-2008: 1 yr. I-551 stamp received @Chicago CIS office

04-12-2008: Approved - Card production ordered!!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Sounds to me like someone created a quick email blast yesterday... someone is playing catch-up! Hey, that works for me. Won't be in time for me not to go to Infopass next week, but yet, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

That is a secret Tammi..... shhhhhhh don't tell! :lol:

lol. I think it is a good April Fools Joke like someone else said.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Obviously a mass mailing, the good news is those that received these e-mails are still on the list.

Did anyone hear of anybody that was rejected through further I-751 processing? It seems to me that if the USCIS did reject a party, would have to admit to making an error in issuing the PRC in the first place. Never met a government agency yet that would admit making an error. We wondered if our petition was lost.

They could take the entire stack, approve them and send out new cards, historically, the number of marriage applications dropped drastically after they initiated extensive background checks on the original I-130, I-485, and G-325A applications. The I-751 is strictly redundant.

Hopefully the N-400 will go quicker as congress is putting pressure on the USCIS to get more voters.

I made duplicate applications of everything sent to the USCIS, just like any government agency, never know. But wonder if they would want original copies of the affidavits, didn't put our friends through that, but have the copies.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Just got this email today too:

"Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register."

This is the last email all of the TSC-VSC Losers® received back in mid-February:

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

Look familiar? As I said, though, all of the TSC-VSC Losers® had already received another email about two weeks earlier than this one telling us we were being transfered from TSC to VSC. There's no doubt you have been transferred to CSC.

But by all means, ignore us and our experience and keep running around like chickens with your heads cut off!

Edited by James

Meh

Yeah, I got one too. Mine doesn't say where it's been transferred to either.

14 months just to be transferred to GodKnowsWhere.

Surely the USCIS don't make mistakes. :blink:

"You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it." - Difficult to do when you can't tell where your application is.

Edited by drawbridgep

All posts are based on my experience and the law may have changed, or situations may be different, any information provided should be taken as a guideline and not as fact.

VISA: K1

Check My Timeline for full details

Time from sending I-129F to I-485 approval 448 days!

-----------------------------------------

I-751 Sent 2007-01-11

I-751 Received at NSC 2007-01-17

NOA Received: 2007-02-02

Biometric Interview: 2007-02-15

Touched 2007-03-31

InfoPass 2007-01-22 (No additional news)

InfoPass 2007-03-18 I-551 (12 month) stamp

Case Transfer to CSC 2008-04-02

RFE 2008-04-11

Card Ordered 2008-05-14

Card Received 2008-06-01

Filed: Timeline

we got a transfer notification, too. At least something is happening with it!

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

Just checked on-line case status, and there is a touch again today. No e-mail, same text (file at unknown location).

Based on what you all say, there must have been an on-line update earlier saying where the application was transferred to, but without an e-mail notice going out. I do not check the on-line status on a regular basis anymore, 'cos I had signed up for e-mail alerts - silly me to rely on their automated system. This all fits in with the general disorganized, incompetent practices at USCIS!

Removal of Conditions - Nebraska Service Center

2/23/07 I-751 Notice date

3/23/07 NOA received (typo in name)

3/29/07 Biometric appointment received. Requested rescheduling

4/05/07 Second biometrics appointment received

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/19/07 Case status updated

2/23/08 Petition Congressman - no additional info.

3/03/08 Infopass in Chicago (12-mo extension)

3/19/08 Petition Senator's office

4/01/08 Case transferred - to an unspecified "USCIS office" (e-mail)

4/12/08 Letter - transferred to CSC on 3/27/2008. (typo in name)

4/22/08 Current Status: Card production ordered

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

4/26/08 Card arrives (with typo in name)

4/28/08 Card sent back via registered post (mistake to use Reg Post!)

5/05/08 Package delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA

10/02/08 Corrected 10-yr card issued

I-485

03/10/05 AOS interview in Chicago. Conditional PR (2-yr).

03/17/05 CPR card arrives in the mail

AOS thru Chicago DO (from non-immigrant visa category)

7/08/04 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

7/20/04 Fingerprints/biometrics completed.

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
What, no Government Language interpreters here? I did briefly read the course syllabus on how to be a Government Language writer or speaker, use as many words as possible with saying a darn thing was the most important. The other was never use a double negative in a sentence when you can use a triple negative instead.

My best interpretation of this e-mail is to hurry up and wait, seems like I heard that before when I was in the military.

Ok,how do you explain this :

They updated my status on USCIS Website as

AND I HAVE RECEIVED ALREADY MY 10 YEARS GC

I checked that card 1000 times and yes ...everything is correct + letter from my Senator saying that my application was approved

I think somebody out there made a big mistake sending these e-mails

OK,like I expected ...THIS IS AN E-MAIL THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DELIVERED MORE THEN TWO WEEKS AGO but ....their IT Department is no any better then the Customer Service or the USCIS all together !

A job like this with my Exchange server at work will get me fired the next day but USCIS ......great place to work

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi ,

I got the same email today ...

Thanx :dance:

REMOVING CONDITIONS TIMELINE

18 June 2007 ------- Applied I-751.

19 June 2007 ------- Received NSC.

02 July 2007 ------- Received NOA 1 ( Receipt ).

07 July 2007 ------- Received NOA 2 ( Biometric on 13 July 07 ).

13 July 2007 -------- Biometric Appoinment Done.

14 July 2007 -------- Touched.

02 April 2008 ------- Case Transferred At USCIS Office .

03 April 2008 ------- Touched.

11 April 2008 ------- Letter From USCIS Case Transfered To CSC .

09 May 2008 -------- Card Production Ordered .

12 May 2008 -------- Touched.

13 May 2008 -------- Touched .

14 May 2008 -------- Touched & Approval Notice Sent .

15 May 2008 -------- Received GC In Mail.

US CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

05 July 2008 ---------- Sent N-400 Packet to NSC (Express Mail).

07 July 2008 ---------- NSC Received .

15 July 2008 ---------- Received NOA 1 ( Dated July 10 2008. Says interview will happen within 180 days ).

19 July 2008 ---------- Received Biometrics Letter .

29 July 2008 ---------- FP Done .

17 Aug 2008 ---------- Received Interview Letter ( Dated Aug 14 2008 ).

23 Sep 2008 ---------- Interview Day @ 8:35 am .

07 Oct 2008 ----------- Oath Ceremony @ 8:00 am .

***** DONE *****

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Recieved the same email last night.

Seems we have been transferred from the Black Hole to Limbo.....

NOA 1 - Sept 18 2003

RFE - March 15 2004

NOA 2 - April 9 2004

Cleared NVC - April 26 2004

Packet 3 received from London - May 13th 2004

Packet 3 returned to London - May 14th 2004

Packet 3 received by London - May 17th 2004

Packet 4 received from London - May 27th 2004

Interview and Medical Date - June 1st 2004

Visa Approved - June 1st 2004

Visa Arrived - June 2nd 2004

Flight booked - June 2nd 2004

Arrived in the States - June 7 2004

Wedding Date - June 26 2004 (Naper Settlement, Chicago)

AOS Biometrics - October 20th 2004

EAD Card received - October 25th 2004

AOS Interview - April 12th 2005 (Succesful - Passport stamped)

Permanent Resident Card received - April 15th 2005

Lifting of Conditions filed - March 20, 2007

Lifting of Conditions NOA - March 23, 2007

Lifting of Conditions Biometrics appt - April 17, 2007

Case Transferred to ??? - April 1, 2008

INFOPASS Appt (Chicago) - April 17, 2008

Stamp received and verbal approval of 10 yr card - April 17, 2008

Emailed approval - May 2, 2008

Approval letter sent - May 6, 2008

10 Year card received - May 10, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.