Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Russell D. Feingold, WI, he was going to run for president, but his wife is divorcing him, can't have that, can we? What I said is exactly what I heard. Have you contacted your senator? Would be nice to hear the same thing from different people.

Yes I did ,but my congressman was very superficial ,his solution was "go and get the stamp on the passport " like I didn't know about that .

I will contact tomorrow again and see what he has to say about this .His name is Dennis Kucinich.

I wish this could be the start of an investigation inside the USCIS

:angry:

Edited by iansig40

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is interesting, I contacted my senator's office again for a follow through, was told the reason for why the NSC set the I-751 date way back is because they are no longer processing I-751's.

And that all the I-751's were transferred to the CSC, with processing dates 08/19/2007, the office told me we should have been informed of this transfer and with out date of 03/27/2007, our case should have been processed already. They asked me if we received any word about this, I said absolutely nothing. They are going to follow through for us and should get back to us in two weeks.

See what happens. The NSCIS could be a little more informative on moves like this, just takes one guy with a computer to update minor things like this.

Anyway, least for now, feel more hopeful.

I'm not sure you guys saw my post on March 7, 2008. I now live in California, I went to LA for my infopass to get the I-551 stamp, the officer that took my appointment called NSC and they said:

"Yes her file is still here, but no need for a special request for Transfer. They have a big pile -undetermined filing dates- that they are transferring to CSC soon b/c they can't get to them in NSC and need the help from CSC to process". She said that basically any expired file not sitting in front of an officer at the moment would be sent to CSC for processing. The Officer then told me to keep waiting for my I-751 approval"

I went to LA for my infopass to get the I-551 stamp, the officer that took my appointment called NSC and they said:

"Yes her file is still here, but no need for a special request for Transfer. They have a big pile -undetermined filing dates- that they are transferring to CSC soon b/c they can't get to them in NSC and need the help from CSC to process". She said that basically any expired file not sitting in front of an officer at the moment would be sent to CSC for processing. The Officer then told me to keep waiting for my I-751 approval"

Thank you for that information. When did you visit the office in LA? I hope CSC adjucates our applications until the end of this year.

Is this true???? So NSC is now planing to transfer our files Ok, but when will they do it , when will they sedn thse I -751 within 1 month or within 1 year , they will send them but WHEN???? WHy when I check my status online I can,t see that this is BS

IT is TRUEEEE!!!!!!!!! If you look at this link at the type of files processed by nebraska you will see that they don,t process the I-751 have a look. I am so mad

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00048f3d6a1RCRD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wife and I rented a DVD last night.

The fine for marrying an alien to bring them into the USA is $250,000.00 and five years in prison.

The fine for copying a DVD is $250,000.00 and five years in prison.

Does this mean the crime for marrying an alien to bring them into this country is just as serious as copying a five buck DVD? If so, shouldn't we have to fill out an I-751 before renting a DVD?

Senator Feingold's assistant that deals with, is that the INS, NSCIS, HLS, USCIS, NSC, CSC, can't seem to get that straight, was very nice, we spend over 20 minutes on the phone, no rush, plenty of questions, it felt good talking to someone that showed a degree of concern and hopefully something will be done about it. My wife made a friend through a friend of a woman that is nine months ahead of us, she had delays and made inquiries only to make a 500 mile round trip to learn her records were lost, they didn't tell her that, so had to make a second trip to bring copies of all of her I-751 stuff, least her application number was still stuck in a computer someplace. If we have to go, planning on bringing a ton of paper with us.

Gather all this started in 1986 when congress limited immigration with a lottery of 50,000 people per year, but with unlimited immigrants through marriage, lots of nasty stuff was going on with supposingly millions of people coming in through the convenience of marriage. Well since then two things occurred in around 1988, a far more extensive background check before the card was issued followed by the I-751. Not only was my wife scrutinized, but I was as well, brought and send in documents from the day I was born here.

With the surprise of the I-751 and reading between the lines do people marry just to bring immigrants into this country today? Would certainly take a ton of forged documents to get away with it, and with the risk of prison and that fine, would have to charge at least a million bucks, and people with a million bucks to blow certainly don't need to marry to get into this country, there are other means. Not only that, but living in WI with our divorce laws, that spouse is in the position to clean you out and can always claim you abused him/her. Our divorce laws are such that if your spouse gambles, drinks, and blows all the money the good spouse has earned to keep the family together and there is only one can of beans left, that dirty rotten spouse is still entitled to half that can of beans. And for my wife and I to get a marriage license, we had to bring in our history first before it would even be issued. It's ironic with one country how 50 different states can have 50 different sets of rules.

And to further complicate matters, my wife brought her 14 old daughter with her. If our marriage did end up in a divorce that I gather is permissible, I would end up paying child support payments until she was 18 years of age, certainly no motivation to marry just to bring a person into this country.

Wife and I went through all of our papers looking for the EAD cards, we almost feel we had to turn those in at the interview, but so many things to remember, was just curious if those were still valid, but both hers and our daughters cards were missing, everything else there regarding the I-688B cards was there neatly in folders.

We ran across the welcoming papers with the responsibility of a new permanent resident to stay mostly in this country first, and to pay taxes second, even on goods she sold in her native country to the US government. Couldn't help but comment if the IRS wants your tax dollar, they better get on the USCIS's back and get your permanent resident card in place, otherwise, you won't have a job to go back to.

My wife and I have a deep love for each other, and we had to meet many obstacles to get together, not only in the USA, but in Venezuela as well, we took one issue at a time. These rules and regulations or formalities, whatever you want to call them have been the only stress in our marriage, wife asked me what I would do if she doesn't get her card, I just said we will sell everything and move to a country that does welcome us without all this hassle. It's a miracle to find someone you love so deeply, I am not about to lose that.

Still working on the N-400, what confuses me is that our local field office processes this application, so why do we have to send the package to Nebraska? In looking at the some odd 20 letters we received from the USCIS, from all over the country, except from Nebraska. Was thinking, would be nice to have one office to deal with.

Would contact your senator rather than a congressman, they seem to know more about what's going on. With a two year term, spend more time trying to get reelected that anything else. Just my experience.

Timeline
This is interesting, I contacted my senator's office again for a follow through, was told the reason for why the NSC set the I-751 date way back is because they are no longer processing I-751's.

And that all the I-751's were transferred to the CSC, with processing dates 08/19/2007, the office told me we should have been informed of this transfer and with out date of 03/27/2007, our case should have been processed already. They asked me if we received any word about this, I said absolutely nothing. They are going to follow through for us and should get back to us in two weeks.

See what happens. The NSCIS could be a little more informative on moves like this, just takes one guy with a computer to update minor things like this.

Anyway, least for now, feel more hopeful.

I'm not sure you guys saw my post on March 7, 2008. I now live in California, I went to LA for my infopass to get the I-551 stamp, the officer that took my appointment called NSC and they said:

Assuming you're signed up on the CIS site, you'll all get an email on the day NSC begins the transfers. It then took us another 2-3 weeks before we received a second email saying our old TSC petitions had actually been received at VSC. CSC seems alot speedier than VSC, so you guys will probably ultimately be a bit "luckier" than us.

It looks like CIS has now determined that only CSC and VSC will be processing I-751s.

Meh

I wanted to update our status, Peter T. if you want to add to the chart for CAPG:

December 27, 2007 - received I-551 stamp in passport good for 6 months.

February 28, 2008 - Received letter asking us to appear for an interview re: Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (I-751) on March 20 (next week)

It is annoying that we have to accumulate all the "evidence" for the 4th time now but after reading everything here, we are extremely grateful that they have even acknowledged us. I don't know if this is the reason why but, my husband has a business contact at the DHS who told us in January that he would have our local CIS director submit a service request. He recently checked back with my husband about 3 weeks ago to find out if anything happened, he replied that no, we had not heard a single thing.

That was 3 weeks ago and I'm wondering if he pushed it forward somehow or if it was just a coincidence that we have the interview scheduled.

I can't decide if we were randomly selected for the interview or if they have some reason to doubt our marriage so I'm probably going to be really obnoxious and submit every single possible piece of evidence I can think of going back the past 2+ years as they request.

OH and I was asked to go on a business trip next week and the interview is putting a crimp on that. Of course there is no way I would ever even attempt to reschedule the interview but my boss is not happy that this is getting in the way. BTW, the letter that we got about the interview has no phone number, does not say anything about "if you need to reschedule..." It does say If you do not come to the interview your application may be denied.

And lastly, I love this wording: "Bring those documents that will best prove your valid continued marital state." I don't know about anyone else but to me, the definition of marriage is something that cannot be documented. Maybe I should videotape an argument, hehe, if that doesn't prove a marriage I don't know what would.

May 29, 2003 - K-1 Visa Petition filed (1st NOA)

November 23, 2003 - Petition approved (2nd NOA)

December 23, 2003 - Cleared NVC

March 23, 2004 - US Interview

March 23, 2004 - Visa Received

May 7, 2004 - Arrival in US

May 14, 2004 - Married!!!

May 16, 2004 - Filed for EAD

May 20, 2004 - EAD Application Received by Serv Ctr

July xx, 2004 - Filed AOS

August 16, 2004 - Denied EAD (I filled out the form wrong, sent to the wrong place)

August 30, 2004 - Re-applied for EAD

September 30, 2004 - Fingerprint Appt

December 17, 2004 - Received EAD

February 3, 2004 - NOA Interview Scheduled (for AOS) on March 4

March 4, 2004 - Perm Resident Card with conditions

January 6, 2007 - Application to remove conditions mailed to SC, received at SC 1/16/07

February 15, 2007 - Biometrics

December 27, 2007 - InfoPass appt, received 6 mos I-551 stamp

January, 2008 - Service Request submitted by local office

February 28, 2008 - Interview scheduled letter!!!! March 20 interview

March 20, 2008 - Interview at local office, was informed we were approved, waiting for approval letter and/or green card

Timeline
I wanted to update our status, Peter T. if you want to add to the chart for CAPG:

December 27, 2007 - received I-551 stamp in passport good for 6 months.

February 28, 2008 - Received letter asking us to appear for an interview re: Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (I-751) on March 20 (next week)

It is annoying that we have to accumulate all the "evidence" for the 4th time now but after reading everything here, we are extremely grateful that they have even acknowledged us. I don't know if this is the reason why but, my husband has a business contact at the DHS who told us in January that he would have our local CIS director submit a service request. He recently checked back with my husband about 3 weeks ago to find out if anything happened, he replied that no, we had not heard a single thing.

That was 3 weeks ago and I'm wondering if he pushed it forward somehow or if it was just a coincidence that we have the interview scheduled.

I can't decide if we were randomly selected for the interview or if they have some reason to doubt our marriage so I'm probably going to be really obnoxious and submit every single possible piece of evidence I can think of going back the past 2+ years as they request.

OH and I was asked to go on a business trip next week and the interview is putting a crimp on that. Of course there is no way I would ever even attempt to reschedule the interview but my boss is not happy that this is getting in the way. BTW, the letter that we got about the interview has no phone number, does not say anything about "if you need to reschedule..." It does say If you do not come to the interview your application may be denied.

And lastly, I love this wording: "Bring those documents that will best prove your valid continued marital state." I don't know about anyone else but to me, the definition of marriage is something that cannot be documented. Maybe I should videotape an argument, hehe, if that doesn't prove a marriage I don't know what would.

Don't worry about it. Interviews are virtually always a result of random selection, not because of something questionable in your file. Best to look at it this way: on a week from today, you will almost certainly be approved. You just have to appear in person to get your approval.

I would gladly trade the uncertainty all of the old NSC and TSC filers are experiencing for that ANY day of the week!

Meh

I noticed there is an email you can write to if you have a complaint about the USCIS. So I emailed it asking about the 6 month back track, about NSC not processing I-751 , about people who filed just a few months ago getting approved when a lot of us have been waiting well over a year, and a few other things. I got a reply back almost instantly!

You have emailed an inactive account.

If you are inquiring about the status of documentation you have filed with USCIS, or have a complaint relating generally to the nature of the customer service you have been provided by USCIS, please use our National Customer Service phone number 1-800-375-5283 or visit our website at www.uscis.gov.

I wonder if there's an email address I can write to to complain about their complaint email address not working.

Anyway, I'm going for another infopass on tuesday, but don't really expect the officer there to have any idea what's going on. If I manage to get a 12-month stamp I'll consider it a successful trip.

All posts are based on my experience and the law may have changed, or situations may be different, any information provided should be taken as a guideline and not as fact.

VISA: K1

Check My Timeline for full details

Time from sending I-129F to I-485 approval 448 days!

-----------------------------------------

I-751 Sent 2007-01-11

I-751 Received at NSC 2007-01-17

NOA Received: 2007-02-02

Biometric Interview: 2007-02-15

Touched 2007-03-31

InfoPass 2007-01-22 (No additional news)

InfoPass 2007-03-18 I-551 (12 month) stamp

Case Transfer to CSC 2008-04-02

RFE 2008-04-11

Card Ordered 2008-05-14

Card Received 2008-06-01

Timeline
The times posted is not very accurate. Visajourney.com timeline is closer to the truth.

....and what's Visajourney.com timeline for I-751 applications submited to NSC ?

You may know something that I don't know so ...can you explain ?

Timeline
I noticed there is an email you can write to if you have a complaint about the USCIS. So I emailed it asking about the 6 month back track, about NSC not processing I-751 , about people who filed just a few months ago getting approved when a lot of us have been waiting well over a year, and a few other things. I got a reply back almost instantly!

You have emailed an inactive account.

If you are inquiring about the status of documentation you have filed with USCIS, or have a complaint relating generally to the nature of the customer service you have been provided by USCIS, please use our National Customer Service phone number 1-800-375-5283 or visit our website at www.uscis.gov.

I wonder if there's an email address I can write to to complain about their complaint email address not working.

Anyway, I'm going for another infopass on tuesday, but don't really expect the officer there to have any idea what's going on. If I manage to get a 12-month stamp I'll consider it a successful trip.

What was the e-mail you used if you don't mind asking ?

Was it USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV

How can you be so sure that your application will be approved ?

Because I have done nothing that would make me believe I should be denied! My only "crime" was to marry a US citizen, and last time I checked, that is not a reason to deny my application as long as I stay within the government-proposed process!

What are you so scared of? What would you do different if you had the 10 year card now?

The fact that you been approved so far with all the other applications you submitted doesn't mean that nothing can happen ....remember this is US not Germany .The more they drag the process the better ,more complications ....more applications to submit and of course more $$$$$$

Being Canadian I know them very well

Yes, this is not Germany (where, should we decide to live there, hubby and I would simply board a plane, travel to Germany, walk into the local immigration office with our marriage license, and receive residence and work authorization for him!)

Now would you go blindly and invest in a house ,open a business ,have kids WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING ?

Get real man !!

I am a woman.

And yes, I absolutely would.

I-130:

04-05-2004: I-130 NOA1 (NSC)

11-09-2004: I-130 NOA2 (CSC)

11-23-2004: NVC assigns Case Number

12-07-2004: I-864 fee to NVC

12-10-2004: DS 3032 to NVC

01-10-2005: IV fee to NVC

01-17-2005: I-864 to NVC

02-14-2005: DS 230 to NVC

03-04-2005: Case Complete!

03-09-2005: Case forwarded to Frankfurt

04-12-2005: Interview in Frankfurt

04-15-2005: VISA ARRIVES!

04-22-2005: FLIGHT HOME TO CHICAGO!

I-751:

01-31-2007: I-751 sent to Nebraska Service Center

02-01-2007: I-751 Received at PO Box (per USPS notification)

02-02-2007: NOA Date

02-23-2007: NOA & Biometrics appointment received in mail

03-02-2007: Biometrics appt

04-01-2008: CRIS emails with info that case was transferred. A-ha!

04-07-2008: 1 yr. I-551 stamp received @Chicago CIS office

04-12-2008: Approved - Card production ordered!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

NSC Updates on I-751 processing - 07/06/07 Nebraska Service Center (NSC) will no longer fee receipt Form I-751 Nebraska Service Center (NSC) will no longer fee receipt Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence effective July 2, 2007. I-751 forms received at NSC will be shipped un-receipted to the California Service Center (CSC). WAC receipt numbers will be issued by the CSC along with adjudicated petitions. Also TSC (Texas Service Center) will be sending I-751 to CSC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.